There are no friends to display.

Big Klu

Eh...you know that you don't need to be friends with somebody to add them as friends right? They don't even have to know about it. B) That's what I do - whenever I feel lonely I simply add somebody...and keep my fingers crossed that they never find out about it. :D

I get PMs that tell me when someone adds me to their friends list.

So? And what you gonna do about it? Huh? Huh? :rolleyes:

Between you and me - actually you can set your controls so that you have to agree before somebody can add you as a friend.

But that function's even more evil than the ignore button. :D

Between you and me - actually you can set your controls so that you have to agree before somebody can add you as a friend.

I use that...and it's come in handy :whistling: If you're serious, I don't see how it's bad--if you don't want someone to be your friend, that's your choice :)

I doubt anyone's been crushed by that :lol:. More or less, it's that I just won't add people that I don't at least like as people :)

To be honest, I still gotta find out what it's good for....but it sure looks nice. Might go and "shop" for some "new friends" later. :D

its cause of my crazy wig innit?

Or an aversion to crabs? wonderfull, tasty....vagely alien looking crabs.....

bah!......i dont need no friends....

:'(

If i'm not mistaken the friends thing is unique in that 50% of the people on the board could add you to their profile as a friend, but you're profile will still be friendless until you add those same people yourself.

If i'm not mistaken the friends thing is unique in that 50% of the people on the board could add you to their profile as a friend, but you're profile will still be friendless until you add those same people yourself.

That's the weird bit about it. In the end that "friend list" says more about which people you chose to add than whether they actually want to have you as a friend. Half the people in my friend list are tramps I picked up in the newbs forum...hapless, harmless creatures who didn't know how to block me from adding them - but they sure make me feel loved. :)

The whole friends function is utterly beyond me. What is the purpose of that function? I don't get it. You can PM anybody anytime, so why do you need to add people as friends? Granted I'm antisocial by nature, but it strikes me as completely unnecessary. I vote for the function to be removed. Who's with me!!!

The whole friends function is utterly beyond me. What is the purpose of that function? I don't get it. You can PM anybody anytime, so why do you need to add people as friends? Granted I'm antisocial by nature, but it strikes me as completely unnecessary. I vote for the function to be removed. Who's with me!!!

Added. B)

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago...that I won't deal with the friends thing....

I just look to the userlist and there they are !! Or not.

I'm with ya tangerinedream.....I just see it as a social status thing. If you can't remember your friends...they aren't worthy and neither would you be....

Right. It could be used in an exclusionary, negative way, especially among the younger members.

Right. It could be used in an exclusionary, negative way, especially among the younger members.

I think it's kind of fun! I like to see when someone adds me a s a friend. It's a little like myspace (which I don't visit), but for Zeppelin. I don't know what the point of it is, but it's still fun. I do think there may be an option to use with PM or emailing if you're on the friends list. I don't know.

If it becomes an exclusionary negative thing: especially among the younger members, then it wold be just like in real life...but I don't actually view it was being an exclusionary thing. There are TONS of people on here that aren't on my friends list that I like.

I think it's wasted bandwidth. And it's not just younger one's who play those games. I'd even bet, the members who have the most friends listed would also have the most members on their ignore list.

B)

I don't have an ignore list.

Wait--I do--but it has that teaforone jackass that's now banned on it.

I DO have a friends list, mainly just people that I like that added me.

:P

I axed anyone that bitched about the list. :P

:lol:

:lol:

I hate it when I accidentally click on a name when I'm trying to slyly see what time was the last time someone was active on the website. I'm sure there's a few people who think I'm stalking them...but really, I'm not. :P

(except for you, Spatdrastik...I only do it because you know you love stalkers.... )

:hysterical:

Archived