2015 Cricket World Cup

Reggie29

Early nerves/jitters on the part of the Aussies? What do you think Jules, Reggie, CP?

A long way to go yet.

I always thought Finch was our weakest link, except for one decent score against weak bowling he has gone cheaply in the other matches..

We have the full 50 overs to get the runs required at 2 an over is very gettable.

The Kiwis have good bowlers and won't go down without a fight.

The key is Warner and Smith get good starts and set up a good win.

It's still anybody's game for the taking.

Quietly confident but not over confident.

A long way to go yet.

I always thought Finch was our weakest link, except for one decent score against weak bowling he has gone cheaply in the other matches..

We have the full 50 overs to get the runs required at 2 an over is very gettable.

The Kiwis have good bowlers and won't go down without a fight.

The key is Warner and Smith get good starts and set up a good win.

It's still anybody's game for the taking.

Quietly confident but not over confident.

The Kiwis have good bowlers, no doubt, but doesn't it appear to you that their fielding is not as sharp?

The Kiwis have good bowlers, no doubt, but doesn't it appear to you that their fielding is not as sharp?

Yes and that is the difference between the two teams.

Other than that there isn't much in it.

I was surprised the Kiwis didn't score more runs on what is a good batting pitch.

Right, congratulations Australia! Well played. You guys certainly deserve to be champions! :)

I don't mean to give up but honestly, I think that the outcome is pretty bleeding obvious.

Awwwww. :console:

Vettori looks injured. Can't he be replaced?

I hope it's not serious he is a champion.

The 12th man will replace him in the field and someone will have to step up and bowl in his stead if he can't return.

Right, congratulations Australia! Well played. You guys certainly deserve to be champions! :)

I don't mean to give up but honestly, I think that the outcome is pretty bleeding obvious.

Kiwis are made of sterner stuff than that and I wouldn't write them off just yet.

I just want to say, no matter the outcome, I'm having fun watching this Cup Final "with" you guys. Thanks for all of your patience in helping me understand the game.

You're welcome Strider.

Glad you're enjoying it as opposed to Rick.

These are the top two teams in the world and when we play each other it's always tough but fair.

We both get as good as we give.

So let's talk strategy and what are New Zealand's options at this point. If I understand correctly, there are two types of bowlers...bowlers with pace and bowlers who specialize in spin.

What is Australia's weakness if any...are they weaker against spin bowlers or power bowlers? Can New Zealand's exploit any perceived weakness on Australia's part? Is New Zealand's bowlers better at spin or pace? Can they load up their lineup to favour one over the other?

So let's talk strategy and what are New Zealand's options at this point. If I understand correctly, there are two types of bowlers...bowlers with pace and bowlers who specialize in spin.

What is Australia's weakness if any...are they weaker against spin bowlers or power bowlers? Can New Zealand's exploit any perceived weakness on Australia's part? Is New Zealand's bowlers better at spin or pace? Can they load up their lineup to favour one over the other?

NZ have lost their best spin bowler (or so it seems) and I don't know who else in their team can bowl spin.

The advantage of having slow / medium pace bowlers is they can get through overs quicker because the run up is shorter and if they can take the odd wicket the run rate is reduced and wickets tend to fall out of impatience.

The same goes for pace bowlers being patient and keep line and length to frustrate batters and force them to play wayward shots.

Smith and Clarke are our best batters against spin bowling

NZ have lost their best spin bowler (or so it seems) and I don't know who else in their team can bowl spin.

The advantage of having slow / medium pace bowlers is they can get through overs quicker because the run up is shorter and if they can take the odd wicket the run rate is reduced and wickets tend to fall out of impatience.

The same goes for pace bowlers being patient and keep line and length to frustrate batters and force them to play wayward shots.

Smith and Clarke are our best batters against spin bowling

As always, your knowledge is appreciated. So if you don't mind another grommet question...I assume the order of the bowlers is set before the match by the team captain or manager/coach? But once the innings begins, can New Zealand decide to switch the order at any point during the overs or do they have to keep to the same order they started with?

As always, your knowledge is appreciated. So if you don't mind another grommet question...I assume the order of the bowlers is set before the match by the team captain or manager/coach? But once the innings begins, can New Zealand decide to switch the order at any point during the overs or do they have to keep to the same order they started with?

As Jules said they can change at any time but it only happens if bowlers are being whacked all over the ground or injured.

They change the batting order if necessary usually to give someone time at the crease when they haven't batted because they weren't required, close out a game with someone like Maxwell or coming back from injury or suspension.

One person I feel sorry for but really admire at the same time, is Kiwi batting legend Martin Crowe. After being diagnosed with lymphoma, Mr. Crowe has certainly beaten the odds by surviving for more than 12 months (since his chances of survival beyond 12 months was 5%). This could be the final cricket match that he gets to see! :( I am so glad that he has at least, got the opportunity to see NZ advance to the final! I truly admire that man for having the courage to fight this wretched disease!

Archived