2015 Cricket World Cup

Reggie29

^^Should be an easy task, with just 20 runs to go. True that they have lost Faulkner now, but the Aussies are never short of batsmen! They just seem to keep on coming! :D

Edited to add, on a side note: Good to see some Indian-like folks in the stands of the SCG, sporting the lovely gold colour jerseys, supporting the Aussies! :angel::whistling: Gotta love the love shown for this Australian side! ;)

Watching at an Indian restaurant so you can imagine how lonely I am cheering for Australia. I would love to see Australia reach 300.

Onya, Strider!

Hotter than a vindaloo in there I'd wager!?

^^^

Indeed. Especially since the Aussies went above and beyond the triple-century mark.

I have no idea how good Australia's bowlers are but I gotta figure they should be able to keep India below 300.

Aussie Aussie! Oi! Oi!

Steady Kiwi - it's not over yet. Tough ask though for the Indians. 200 to get from 22 overs . As Brett Lee is saying, they have to take risks, can't get that score from singles.

On a further note I do hope the Aussies get through, it would be a superb final. I, of course, will be supporting the Black Caps. Sorry to my Aussie friends but this is Cricket and that needs no explaining !

Steady Kiwi - it's not over yet. Tough ask though for the Indians. 200 to get from 22 overs . As Brett Lee is saying, they have to take risks, can't get that score from singles.

On a further note I do hope the Aussies get through, it would be a superb final. I, of course, will be supporting the Black Caps. Sorry to my Aussie friends but this is Cricket and that needs no explaining !

I understand CP but if we do end up winning tonight and on Sunday it'll be a much sweeter victory knowing the Poms are supporting NZ!

Still, a lot of Cricket left before that happens.

We almost beat them at Eden Park and it'll be a different ballgame at the MCG, providing of course we get there..

I guess you're right, CP! :lol: Indian fans will be hoping for a miracle with Dhoni at the crease, BUT once he's out, it's curtains!! :shifty:

Current Run rate 4.67. Required : 10.08. Ouch!! :P

Also, I am with you, as far as who I am rooting for in the final. It's a no-brainer, for me really. As much as I love this Australian side, my loyalties lie with NZ! :)

Bloody hell, Strider. .. isn't there an Aussie pub over there?

None that I know of that are in the vicinity. British and Irish pubs, yes...and Indian places by the dozens, too. But no Australian or New Zealand centric establishments.

No, I don't count Outback as Australian.

These cricket matches are playing havoc with my sleeping patterns. I don't think last night's ended until 4am.

I congratulate Australia on their victory. It is always nice to see the host country make the Final. As for Australia vs. New Zealand, it's hard for me to choose between the two. I just want to see a good match and may the best team win.

I just wish they would start these matches earlier in the day.

None that I know of that are in the vicinity. British and Irish pubs, yes...and Indian places by the dozens, too. But no Australian or New Zealand centric establishments.

No, I don't count Outback as Australian.

These cricket matches are playing havoc with my sleeping patterns. I don't think last night's ended until 4am.

I congratulate Australia on their victory. It is always nice to see the host country make the Final. As for Australia vs. New Zealand, it's hard for me to choose between the two. I just want to see a good match and may the best team win.

I just wish they would start these matches earlier in the day.

Wow, I can't believe you stayed till the end! well done!

I was worried when Warner went so quickly, but it was a great result in the end.

I work on Sunday, and I will miss about the first half hour or so..... bugger!

Wow, I can't believe you stayed till the end! well done!

I was worried when Warner went so quickly, but it was a great result in the end.

I work on Sunday, and I will miss about the first half hour or so..... bugger!

I will miss most of it as I will be in bed, so I will watch the highlights, whilst avoiding any news on the outcome. The clocks go forward on Sunday @ 1.am so I haven't a clue what time it will be on?

I will miss most of it as I will be in bed, so I will watch the highlights, whilst avoiding any news on the outcome. The clocks go forward on Sunday @ 1.am so I haven't a clue what time it will be on?

The telecast starts at 4.00am London time.

It starts 8:30pm Pacific Standard Time here in California.

Any thoughts as to which team will benefit batting first? Or is it preferable to bat second, when it is nighttime?

Whoever wins the toss will probably bat first.

The MCG is a massive arena with long boundaries and usually a hard and fast pitch and outfield.

Cricket isn't played much in Australia at this time of year so it's hard to say who would have any advantage given there is little or no statistcal data on playing conditions or form in March/April.

The forecast is for a sunny day with little chance of rain and will suit both teams.

I expect a high scoring match so once again it'll be up to the bowlers.

Most of the players in this NZ team have never played at the MCG is another factor and whether they can handle the pressure and not succumb to the occasion remains to be seen.

Unlike the match agaist India the crowd will be dominated by Australians and "The Cauldron" is not a place for the faint-hearted.

Conversely, Australian players have played many games both domestic and intenational there over the Summer and there'll be some Victorians playing on their home ground.

Still it's a funny game Cricket and anything can happen.

Archived