2015 Cricket World Cup

Reggie29

Congrats are in order to Bangladesh. A woeful England display which sums up their world cup. Pitiful batting and bowling throughout the tournament has left the English being the jokers in the pack. I suggested as such we would be lucky to reach the knockout stages, and I was right.

Congrats are in order to Bangladesh. A woeful England display which sums up their world cup. Pitiful batting and bowling throughout the tournament has left the English being the jokers in the pack. I suggested as such we would be lucky to reach the knockout stages, and I was right.

oh dear .... very disappointing for you guys :(

WOW! I am surprised at you for showing such ignorance!

Don't like generalizations...... but you bloody Americans - if you aren't the top guns at something, you're not interested!

SHAME on you!

:redcard:

Please don't tar all of us Americans with the same brush. ;)

Australia vs. Scotland today.

Och Aye!!

I'll be watching!

Please don't tar all of us Americans with the same brush. ;)

that's why I said i don't like generalisations, but clearly by the responses in this thread alone, I am not the only one who thinks this, sorry , the truth hurts sometimes :(

^^^I wonder what's going to happen now! I truly wanted Australia to win this one! Because if they do, then they will seal the deal as far as qualifying for the Q/Fs are concerned! I have been dreaming of an Australia-New Zealand world cup final all along, you know?! :

we made it! Wow, once Warner ( Barney Rubble ) and Faulkner ( Lenny from Laverne and Shirley ) got on the pitch, there was no doubt!

Yeah, an Aussie V Kiwi grand final would be great!!

Earlier today my husband I went to a fund raising auction. The legendary Australian batsman from the Sir Donald Bradman era, one of the "immortals", Mr Arthur Morris, who lives in a localretirement village donated some items. We successfully bid on a bottle of limited edition wine that has his name, photo and signature.

I had tried to buy this wine for hubby's Christmas present last year but couldn't get any as they are rare.

Very interesting game! Witnessed some brilliant fast bowling by Wahab, today! I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen and at times, I thought that I was watching a test match! :D

Pakistan blew it! The two dropped catches cost them! Steve Smith really came in and set the tone for Australia's win! A really calm innings on his part! Good partnership between him and Watson!

Right, looks like it's going to be India vs. Australia!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Congratulations to Australia on their QF win! Congratulations to India on theirs! On to the Semis.

I have another question. Why are the results of cricket matches reported differently? In football, it's always the score, whether goals or points...Liverpool beats Arsenal 2-1, New England beats Seattle 28-24. In baseball it is runs...the Red Sox beat the Yankees 3 runs to 2.

So why does the news report Australia beat Pakistan by 6 wickets but in the India vs. Bangladesh match, it was reported India won by 106 runs? Is it better to win by runs or win by wickets? What is the difference and how is it determined to report a team's win by runs or wickets?

Congratulations to Australia on their QF win! Congratulations to India on theirs! On to the Semis.

I have another question. Why are the results of cricket matches reported differently? In football, it's always the score, whether goals or points...Liverpool beats Arsenal 2-1, New England beats Seattle 28-24. In baseball it is runs...the Red Sox beat the Yankees 3 runs to 2.

So why does the news report Australia beat Pakistan by 6 wickets but in the India vs. Bangladesh match, it was reported India won by 106 runs? Is it better to win by runs or win by wickets? What is the difference and how is it determined to report a team's win by runs or wickets?

If both teams take all 10 wickets within 50 overs or the team batting first scores more runs and loses less wickets and the second team scores less runs and loses all 10 wickets then the winner is declared by who scored the most runs.

India won by 106 runs,

Australia won by 6 wickets because they bowled out Pakistan first and scored the required runs and only lost 4 wickets within 50 overs.

It makes no difference how the game is won the only thing that matters is to take the most wickets and score more runs than the opposition.

In ODI (One Day International) matches outside the World Cup, bonus points are awarded if and when a result like Australia vs. Pakistan happens,

The team batting second scores the required runs or they bowl out the opposition within 30-40 overs.

I'm at a loss why bonus points aren't awarded in WC matches.

The laws can be somewhat complex and yet, simple at the same time.

Edited by Reggie29