2015 Grammy Awards...the Yays, the Nays, the Boos.

Strider

Yes, her song really sucked and she has seriously hit the wall! Her legs were like an NFL running backs! Nothing sexy about that.... Time to realize IF she has any talent at all - it needs to carry her from here on out. The 80's were 30 years ago, the sex symbol is not getting it done anymore - that's for sure!

• 1 year later...

I have never been a fan of the Grammy awards in general, except when Led Zeppelin got a lifetime achievement award.  But ai am taping this one because of the tribute to Glen Frey and Bowie also.  Henley is going to be there and that is enough for me to tune in to hear him and Joe Walsh and maybe Felder if he is there? Glen and David both deserve a tribute.  The end of the Eagles is now official.  And it sucks.

Well, I am actually taking an interest in the Grammy Awards this year, as we have lost so many legends recently and I am actually pretty eager to see whether artists like David Bowie and Lemmy get the tributes that they deserve!

A little less of all those auto-tuned (more like out of tune!) pop tart and rap performances and a little more of heartfelt tributes to the legends, will do us all, a world of good and make the Grammy Awards, a much more bearable television spectacle. 

As for the nominees, as usual, it looks like the same old pests are up for 'awards' this year too, including Cretinye West and Ferret Williams or whatever the fuck his name might be. At least the Canadian Beaver seems to be missing from the nominees list, which is a good thing in my book. 

I thought that I might be a little interested in Kelly Clarkson, this year, but her musical direction off late, scares me, as she has sadly, turned into one of those wannabe auto-tuned divas, sacrificing the one asset that made her successful in the first place, her voice. I haven't listened to her songs in ages. I still have some hope for Carrie Underwood. Yes, I do enjoy her music and no, I don't have any problems admitting it. 

I am rooting for Bob Dylan, as far as his nomination for Best Historical Album, is concerned. As far as the other nomination is concerned, well, it depends! Big props to him for still being able to ummmm...sing, though! ;) 

Oh and not that their royal highnesses from the 'industry' will ever listen to a mere mortal like myself, but if it is not too much to ask, they could stand to not broadcast that whole annoying rap and hip-hop segment (especially the awards segment) and instead, for a change, choose to broadcast the awards segment relating to (for instance) Best Rock Album. But then again, I might get into trouble with the rap police, for making such a suggestion! :ph34r:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I couldn't tell you any of this year's nominations, as the Grammys just aren't on my radar anymore. I would guess Adele and Taylor Swift might be among them, although Adele's "25" album might have been released too late in the year to qualify. David Bowie's album was definitely released too late to qualify but maybe 2014's "The Next Day" got a nod or two?

The Grammys have been the award show to hate ever since I was a child and Stevie Wonder and Paul Simon won everything in sight while Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Alice Cooper, The Stooges, The Who, Pink Floyd, and everything loud, brash, and raw in rock and roll got ignored. I finally gave up paying attention to the whole shebang, not even caring who got nominated, in 1988 when has-beens Jethro Tull won Best Metal album over Metallica. Oy vey!

Nowadays if I watch at all, it is to watch a performance or see a tribute...usually cringing thru gritted teeth. I would love for this year's David Bowie and Lemmy tributes to rock, but I realize the odds are they will suck. Will Miley Cyrus and John Mayer team up for "Iron Horse"?

Edited by Strider

7 minutes ago, Strider said:

Really? That seems more like a Tony Award thing.

Oh, they'll also perform at the Tonys.  But since the cast album is up for best show tunes (or whatever the category is), they've been granted a spot on the show tomorrow.  Yay!

33 minutes ago, Walter said:

I heard Gaga was part of the Bowie tribute. 

I thought the show isn't until tomorrow?

3 hours ago, ebk said:

Oh, they'll also perform at the Tonys.  But since the cast album is up for best show tunes (or whatever the category is), they've been granted a spot on the show tomorrow.  Yay!

The Tonys are usually more fun to watch than the Grammys.

17 hours ago, Strider said:

I thought the show isn't until tomorrow?

It is tonight and I agree that the Grammy's usually aren't all that.  But, I will tape tonight's show so I can fast forward through the undesirable parts.  

16 hours ago, Ddladner said:

I suspect it will be very memorable, don't want to miss this. Heard she just got Bowie's face tattooed on her side in preparation for the tribute.  

I hadn't heard that.  Thanks Dd!  Looking forward to what she has cooked up for the performance.

The only part of the Grammy's that I am actually looking forward to, is Lady Gaga's tribute to David Bowie! I absolutely loved her, singing with Julie Andrews at the Oscars last year! This is all so exciting! :D 

I am not sure what on earth to think about Lemmy's tribute at the Grammy's, what with Alice Cooper being involved! The suspense is killing me! :lol: 

21 hours ago, Ddladner said:

I suspect it will be very memorable, don't want to miss this. Heard she just got Bowie's face tattooed on her side in preparation for the tribute.  

Real or temporary tattoo? Talk about suffering for your art. I've got the DVR set up...it's a logjam. Still have the NBA all-star game and Der Stingle's halftime performance to watch.

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

The only part of the Grammy's that I am actually looking forward to, is Lady Gaga's tribute to David Bowie! I absolutely loved her, singing with Julie Andrews at the Oscars last year! This is all so exciting! :D 

I am not sure what on earth to think about Lemmy's tribute at the Grammy's, what with Alice Cooper being involved! The suspense is killing me! :lol: 

Johnny Depp and Joe Perry are also part of the Lemmy tribute - Ace of Spades is the song choice and they are also doing an original song.

She didn't show it on the Red Carpet....she was wearing some red Bowie hair, but not on that carpet either I suppose! ?

"Pimp and a Butterfly", interesting name for an album...  He will be the big winner tonight, me thinks.

Ok...I got home at night and have been trying to tolerate it. Some group called "Alabama Shakes," which appears to be an R&B group, just won an award for "Rock."  imo Kendrick Lamar can't rhyme. The guy who did the Michael Jackson impression was ok. It was nice to hear the Glenn Frey tribute (or part of it) but I was expecting something more. Grammys garbage like they usually are. Also The New York Times already posted all the winners so I can only assume this was taped? Sorry to be grumpy middle aged woman again.

NYT list was the awards given out pre-air...which was most of them.  They only present about 8 or so awards on air.

And... Hamilton!!!!!!!  

And... Alabama Shakes!!!!!!!

Otherwise, a snooze-fest so far.  Waiting for Gaga and the Bowie tribute.

Not sure what I was expecting, but I was underwhelmed. I still cry when I hear Bowie songs, so perhaps I'm just still in mourning.  Lady Gaga is super talented, her voice is simply amazing, but I don't think anyone can do Bowie justice. :( 

I loved the image of Bowie at the end of the tribute, wish there had been more images of him throughout. Such a tremendous loss.