May 3rd 1971 Copenhagen

Listened to this show one time and will never again. It's like nails scratching on a chalkboard to me. I can struggle thru most bad sounding boots, but this one is down-right irritating ! It's literally too painful to humanly hear.

Listened to this show one time and will never again. It's like nails scratching on a chalkboard to me. I can struggle thru most bad sounding boots, but this one is down-right irritating ! It's literally too painful to humanly hear.

I think you might have a bad title dude, pretty bearable to me.

Which version do you have Bong-Man? None of my versions sound that terrible. It's at least as listenable to me as the Ally Pally shows of 1972...with the performance and set list uniqueness bumping Copenhagen 71 over Ally Pally 72 in the rankings.

The two releases I have for the Copenhagen show are Beezlebub's "Swinging on a Gallows Pole" and "Stick Out" which doesn't have a label listed.

I have 6 versions of this show and all of them sound very different. Its hard to pick one over the others but it is my opinion that Poles and Sticks is highly listenable and is worthy of repeated listening. I have heard far worse sounding boots than any of the ones I have for this show.

I have a digital copy of the Master, Poles and Sticks (Black Cat), Previews and Novelties (Equinox), Loove! (Tarantura), Wonderful Copenhagen (wendy) and Copenhagen 1971 (Cobra standard)

Hot Damn!! I'm listening to Four Sticks and there is not one person who can tell me that its not a SMOKIN HOT! :bravo::bravo: performance!! To hear Bonham pounding this out from a nice clear soundboard , I would die. :ohmy:

:goodpost: I agree!!

^ not sure which version this YT video came from

• 2 weeks later...

Archived