CANCER: The Emporer of All Maladies/Jimmy Fund on PBS

planted

Hey guys,

I know some of you here have been touched by this disease and I wanted to BEG you to tune into this program. My nurse manager is currently reading this book (by the same name) and is recommending we all read it as well.

Check your local listings for showtimes.

And please give thanks to all those brave men and women who worked so hard for the good of mankind, paving the way for a better future for us all. They were smart enough to be ANYTHING they wanted to be, and they chose to care for the sick. I get choked up just thinking about it.

Sounds like a wonderfully touching film Kris!

Patrycja, many thanks for the link but the trailer doesn't seem to be playing for me, because of 'privacy issues'! :(

Anyway, here is a link to the trailer on youtube!

And yes, I choked up on watching it because of the sheer dedication of medical professionals featured in this film! One thing's for damn sure, with medical professionals like these, there is HOPE!!

Hey guys,

I know some of you here have been touched by this disease and I wanted to BEG you to tune into this program. My nurse manager is currently reading this book (by the same name) and is recommending we all read it as well.

Check your local listings for showtimes.

And please give thanks to all those brave men and women who worked so hard for the good of mankind, paving the way for a better future for us all. They were smart enough to be ANYTHING they wanted to be, and they chose to care for the sick. I get choked up just thinking about it.

Thanks for bringing our attention to this film, Kris. Really appreciate that and am looking forward to seeing it! :peace:

Patrycja, many thanks for the link but the trailer doesn't seem to be playing for me, because of 'privacy issues'! :(

And yes, I choked up on watching it because of the sheer dedication of medical professionals featured in this film! One thing's for damn sure, with medical professionals like these, there is HOPE!!

Thank you Kiwi for posting the trailer, looks like it is going to be a very educational film on something we all need to be educated on further and especially with everything that has recently been learned.

Very proud of my wife for taking the time, effort, and emotional strength to be a part of a study that furthered her treatment by 6-months, in the name of helping others - with no guarantee of helping herself in the process.

Thank you, Kiwi, for posting the trailer. One wonders why they bother with restrictions if they want to spread the word, and besides, it ends up on YouTube anyway! Hope is one of the best words there is.

Thanks for bringing our attention to this film, Kris. Really appreciate that and am looking forward to seeing it! :peace: Thank you Kiwi for posting the trailer, looks like it is going to be a very educational film on something we all need to be educated on further and especially with everything that has recently been learned.

Very proud of my wife for taking the time, effort, and emotional strength to be a part of a study that furthered her treatment by 6-months, in the name of helping others - with no guarantee of helping herself in the process.

It's amazing the strength that patients find when dealing with a life-threatening situation. Sometimes it's like they're comforting the visitors through the process. Your wife has tapped into some deep resources to give of herself in such a way. I got kind of choked up reading about it. Thanks for sharing, Walter, and blessings to your wife and family.

Looking forward to watching this.

Thank you Kiwi for posting the trailer, looks like it is going to be a very educational film on something we all need to be educated on further and especially with everything that has recently been learned.

You're very welcome, Walter! This film will (hopefully) change our perception of cancer from a disease which was once regarded as a death sentence to one which is being researched extensively what with dedicated medical professionals taking that critical step to get to the bottom of not only finding a cause for cancer but also a sure fire cure!

Mrs. Walter is such an inspiration to us all! Her courage, strength and kindness never ever cease to amaze me! Please do give her my best, Walter! Peace and love to you and your family! :peace:

Thank you, Kiwi, for posting the trailer. One wonders why they bother with restrictions if they want to spread the word, and besides, it ends up on YouTube anyway! Hope is one of the best words there is.

It's amazing the strength that patients find when dealing with a life-threatening situation.

You're very welcome, Patrycja! :) I'll do anything to spread the word about a film like this! The entire film most definitely should end up on Youtube, since millions will get to see it! It is one of those films which need to go viral!

Mrs. Walter has sure risen to the occasion! I feel for her and at the same time, I really admire her! If anyone can beat a wretch like cancer, it's her!!

Last week i caught some previews of this on radio and saw some of the series this week. Great info and education about this, something that has affected people we know.

My friend has been telling me about acidic and alkaline foods and cancer for awhile now. Cancer likes an environment that is acidic and does not like an alkaline environment...so foods are part of that from what i hear. As my friend told me...look into foods acidic and alkalinity.