The Ashes 2015

Reggie29

The pitch isn't doing much for the bowlers and it seems a good toss to lose.

Two wickets down after lunch is slow by English standards after the last few tests.

It'll be interesting to see how Clarke bats and Siddle goes with the ball.

We're playing with a lot more patience this time around and 300 at stumps is a real possibility.

Seeing as England has already clinched The Ashes, might they take it easy on Australia, maybe even let them win so as to not totally embarrass them and allow them to go back home to Australia with a little dignity?

Not likely, Sean.

England want to win almost as much as we do.

Australia plays Bangladesh on the sub-continent which favours spin bowling so they'll want to get some form in this test and the one day matches still to play in England before they get there.

Conversely England are off to UAE to play Pakistan, I think?

Seeing as England has already clinched The Ashes, might they take it easy on Australia, maybe even let them win so as to not totally embarrass them and allow them to go back home to Australia with a little dignity?

:hysterical:

No way man. Anyway it is impossible to "let" a side win - unless your Hansie Cronje. Cricket is a wonderful game. The pitch (wicket) plays a large part and this Oval pitch is no different to the usual Oval. Lots of runs and it gets slower. Expect a draw

Strider, if the roles had been reversed such that the Aussies had been in the driver's seat, they would have exercised cut throat ruthlessness to the maximum! The kind, where you practically continue to kick a man down whilst he still bleeds!

So, I do hope that the English do not by any account, 'spare a thought' for this Aussie team. Would love to see a 4-1 series win but as CP has rightfully pointed out, a draw is perhaps the most likely result. Only time will tell.

Yes, I just heard the news about Arthurs passing.

I spoke to his wife on Wednesday, and she told me she had been by his hospital bedside all that night, as he had blood poisening, a complication after his recent hip replacement.

We had become friends these last few years, and I saw them each Wednesday when they came to do their weekly shop. Even if they didn't need anything from me, they always stopped by and said hello. The last few months leading up to his hip surgery, he had been waiting on the bench outside the reject shp for Judith to do the shopping, as it was too painful for him to walk very far. I always jokingly asked her where her reject was.... she liked that.

So glad we went to the fundraiser and got his signature wine, and spent the morning with them, and hubby got to chat cricket with "" the elegent genius" .

R.I.P. MR ARTHUR MORRIS.

My husband and Arthur earlier this year.

post-3695-0-73628500-1440229154_thumb.jp

I spoke to his wife on Wednesday, and she told me she had been by his hospital bedside all that night, as he had blood poisening, a complication after his recent hip replacement.

We had become friends these last few years, and I saw them each Wednesday when they came to do their weekly shop. Even if they didn't need anything from me, they always stopped by and said hello. The last few months leading up to his hip surgery, he had been waiting on the bench outside the reject shp for Judith to do the shopping, as it was too painful for him to walk very far. I always jokingly asked her where her reject was.... she liked that.

So glad we went to the fundraiser and got his signature wine, and spent the morning with them, and hubby got to chat cricket with "" the elegent genius" .

R.I.P. MR ARTHUR MORRIS.

I spoke to Judith today. She was quite upset, but glad he is out of pain.

The funeral will be private, but most likely a memorial at the SCG.

I saw that Slave. I have been holidaying the last week. My condolences to Judith and the passing of a great.

Just thought you and Reggie may have liked to read my little anecdote.... have spoken to Judith a couple of times, she's very lost at the moment :(

Enjoy your holiday! :)

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P. MR ARTHUR MORRIS.

post-3695-0-73628500-1440229154_thumb.jp

His public memorial is being held today at 11 am, at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

• 5 weeks later...