The Ashes 2015

Reggie29

Disappointed with England's horrendous performance! Couldn't bear to look at the telly screen towards the end! Congrats to Australia for a magnificent performance!

3 more tests to go...looking forward to them.

Shocked, but not surprised on how we capitulated. Lilly livered performance both with bat and ball. A lot of thinking to do before the next test. Well done Australia and I did say watch out the wounded animal! Changes a plenty especially in the opening department. Lyth - a joke and Ben Stokes not grounding his bat. Oh deary me

Shocked, but not surprised on how we capitulated. Lilly livered performance both with bat and ball. A lot of thinking to do before the next test. Well done Australia and I did say watch out the wounded animal! Changes a plenty especially in the opening department. Lyth - a joke and Ben Stokes not grounding his bat. Oh deary me

Yeah, very poor performance from you guys, but on to the next one :)

9 days to rethink......

I reckon, CP, you've already heard the ruckus Kevin Pietersen is raising with his tweets.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-ashes/ashes-2015-kevin-pietersen-labels-his-omission-as-ridiculous-20150720-gigsvq.html

Far be it from me to ascertain whether he would have made a difference, given his past performance in the 2013-14 Ashes. Does he have a point or is he full of hot air? Should he be spouting off in public...from a beach in Miami no less...or is this an unnecessary distraction to the Poms?

I reckon, CP, you've already heard the ruckus Kevin Pietersen is raising with his tweets.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-ashes/ashes-2015-kevin-pietersen-labels-his-omission-as-ridiculous-20150720-gigsvq.html

Far be it from me to ascertain whether he would have made a difference, given his past performance in the 2013-14 Ashes. Does he have a point or is he full of hot air? Should he be spouting off in public...from a beach in Miami no less...or is this an unnecessary distraction to the Poms?

I've already made a comment re Pieterson. Should never have been dropped in my opinion. Asked to come back to the County Championship from The Indian Premier League, makes a double hundred then told he has no future in the test squad. Fucking appalling. The Australians must have been laughing into their VB !

Morning/Evening All

Australia win toss and will bat. Pitch has a bit of grass on it but looks a good toss to win. I expect a bit of swing early doors but it could be a run fest for the baggy greens. We must bowl well and not let the batsman settle.

Morning/Evening All

Australia win toss and will bat. Pitch has a bit of grass on it but looks a good toss to win. I expect a bit of swing early doors but it could be a run fest for the baggy greens. We must bowl well and not let the batsman settle.

Hi CP.

Here we go!

Is rain predicted?

Missed the final hour or so yesterday. We do look in a good position though. Interesting that all 10 Aussie wickets fell to pace and yet 2 of England's batsman fell to spin !

Order of the day: Bat well. Get a first Innings lead of say 250 - repeat of Wednesday and go to Trent Bridge 2-1 up. Momentum is certainly in our direction. Should be a cracker of a day. Now do I watch or play golf?

Missed the final hour or so yesterday. We do look in a good position though. Interesting that all 10 Aussie wickets fell to pace and yet 2 of England's batsman fell to spin !

Order of the day: Bat well. Get a first Innings lead of say 250 - repeat of Wednesday and go to Trent Bridge 2-1 up. Momentum is certainly in our direction. Should be a cracker of a day. Now do I watch or play golf?

It'll all be over by stumps today.

Tonight it's do or die for Australia in Trent Bridge, Nottingham.

A win is the only way to go or the series is lost.

We must win the next two matches otherwise the only way we can possibly retain the Ashes is to win one and draw one of the remaining tests.

The past matches have been inconsistent as to which teams showed up and there have been more turnarounds than a prima ballerina's fouette!.

Fantastic performance yesterday. The Aussies had no answer to the brilliance of our bowlers, especially Finn. A friend of mine has tickets for Saturday. :slapface:

Well done, English. I was able to intermittently follow the last test...mainly thru the internet as there is no American TV channel airing The Ashes as far as I know...at least no channel that I receive. Which sucks.

Now it is on to Nottingham...set to begin in a few hours. Australia on death-watch. Funny thing has been happening the past few weeks...gobs and gobs of Aussies have been hitting Hollywood on vacation. About 90% of the time I ask them about The Ashes, they cringe and say how they can't stand cricket. I guess that is why they are on vacation in America...to get away from all talk of cricket, hahaha.

I think I generally want England to win but I want a competitive series of Tests. I don't want a dead test for the last one, so I am hoping for an Aussie win or draw for the fourth Test at Trent Bridge. Sorry CP.

Morning Reggie

You are spot on. Who knows what the outcome will be on this one? One thing the Aussies need to turn up with the bat or it's all over. Not sure what kind of wicket will be produced but the weather will be the key. It's fairly overcast so bowl first. England will be fired up that's for sure and your middle order has to perform. Looking forward to a cracking test

Well done, English. I was able to intermittently follow the last test...mainly thru the internet as there is no American TV channel airing The Ashes as far as I know...at least no channel that I receive. Which sucks.

Now it is on to Nottingham...set to begin in a few hours. Australia on death-watch. Funny thing has been happening the past few weeks...gobs and gobs of Aussies have been hitting Hollywood on vacation. About 90% of the time I ask them about The Ashes, they cringe and say how they can't stand cricket. I guess that is why they are on vacation in America...to get away from all talk of cricket, hahaha.

I think I generally want England to win but I want a competitive series of Tests. I don't want a dead test for the last one, so I am hoping for an Aussie win or draw for the fourth Test at Trent Bridge. Sorry CP.

The Oval is always a dead test Sean due to the nature of the pitch. If it's a draw in Nottingham then England will retain the Urn

The Oval is always a dead test Sean due to the nature of the pitch. If it's a draw in Nottingham then England will retain the Urn

That's odd. The article in The Guardian I read implied that Australia did not need to win this test, they merely had to gain a draw to still have a chance to win The Ashes by beating England in the fifth and final test.

Sorry man I was being confusing. Yes you are correct, Australia do not need to win this one and a draw will still leave them requiring a win at the Oval in the final test. But history will tell you that The Oval is a flat batsman's paradise - it rarely produces a win as it tends to favour high scoring. If this test is a draw then Australia HAVE to get a result in the final test, if not the Urn is ours.

Sorry man I was being confusing. Yes you are correct, Australia do not need to win this one and a draw will still leave them requiring a win at the Oval in the final test. But history will tell you that The Oval is a flat batsman's paradise - it rarely produces a win as it tends to favour high scoring. If this test is a draw then Australia HAVE to get a result in the final test, if not the Urn is ours.

Ah, I see your point now.

Archived