Supertramp

Charles J. White

This is such a mind blowing song and one which is seldom played (though I will admit it was on the radio once in Ottawa during the first week of Aug of this summer). To my ears this song might have influenced Led Zeppelin during the In Through the Out Door sessions. Also, notice the bit which Iron Maiden sort of made famous with the metal crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLbYL10c1zo

One of my all time favorite rock bands. I was lucky enough to attend one of their concerts during the Even in the Quietest Moments tour back in 1977. Roger Hodgson has a unique voice; child-like, plaintive yet crystal clear. My recollection is that they were in fine form that night.

This is such a mind blowing song and one which is seldom played (though I will admit it was on the radio once in Ottawa during the first week of Aug of this summer). To my ears this song might have influenced Led Zeppelin during the In Through the Out Door sessions. Also, notice the bit which Iron Maiden sort of made famous with the metal crowd.

I LOVE Supertramp, and I LOVE this song!!!!

I still play them all the time :)

Fool's Overture is one my my favorites from Roger Hodgson, Supertramp's voice and co-founder. This is an epic masterpiece that I can listen to over and over and it never gets old. I have been a huge fan of his for years and will be seeing him late this year in NY and Canada after his summer tour in Europe. Catch his show if you can - his voice is incredible and what a band he has! Check this out -

• 4 weeks later...

The best pop group of the 70's and IMO one of the best bands ever. All their albums from 1974 to 1979 are masterpieces and "Famous Last Words" from 1982 is very good as well.ALL their songs had great melodies (at least when Roger Hodgson was in the band), their albums had no filler! I wish pop music today were on the same level, but years have gone by and in the 80's artists such as Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson killed the pop music the Beatles and the Beach Boys had invented and replaced it with the crap music we still have today, although MJ was certainly more talented than nowaday artists. Lennon, McCartney, Mercury, Elton John, Roger Hodgson knew how to sound catchy and complex at the same time, the following generations of pop musicians sometimes know how to compose a cachy chorus, but that's it.

Archived