2015 NHL season

LedZeppfan77

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

Damn zepscoda. Did not see that shellacking coming at all. :o

Crikey, do I really have to root for St. Louis? I suppose I could cheer for Sid Crosby and the Pens...at least Crosby is Canadian.

If you can't root for the Saint Louis Cardinals, it would not kill you to root for the Saint Louis Blues.  Just kidding.

By the way, the Cardinals might sweep the Anaheim Angels tonight and then on to Los Angeles to play the Dodgers.  How far is Anaheim Stadium to Dodgers Stadium?

32 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

If you can't root for the Saint Louis Cardinals, it would not kill you to root for the Saint Louis Blues.  Just kidding.

By the way, the Cardinals might sweep the Anaheim Angels tonight and then on to Los Angeles to play the Dodgers.  How far is Anaheim Stadium to Dodgers Stadium?

For once I am on your side King.  I love the Blues.  Am cheering for them all the way.  Have money on them to win the West and the Cup.   Always been one of my second favorite teams along with kings and Canucks.   Sabres are my fav.  Go Blues

On May 13, 2016 at 1:23 PM, zepscoda said:

Gotta pull for the Blues over SJ. Tampa over the Pens...but realistically,  Pittsburgh may just sweep their way to another cup...they are playing on a higher level....I just can't stand the Pens!

I will take St Louis over all comers.  Tampa is not without a shot because they play great defense.  Even if Bishop is done I would not count them out.  At least vs Pittsburgh.  St Louis finally has things breaking their way.  I put some small future wagers on them to win the West and the Cup two months ago.  I like my chances

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I expect the Blues to come out smoking tomorrow.  I sure hope they win.  It would be a fucking shame if they lost to that team.   Bearded freak shows

Oh come on...all  hockey teams are bearded freak shows at this time of year.

Just now, Walter said:

Absolutely we are.  Mrs Walter and her family would throw me out otherwise... ;) 

Nice coaching job by Hitchcock.  He turned this around and the Blues are loaded.  Nobody deserves to win the Cup more than St Louis. Many do not realize that under Scotty Bowman, in their first t3 years of existence, the Blues went to the Cup finals only to lose to the then Mighy Canadians and Bruins who had Orr and Espo.  But the Blues had the Plaguer bros and Red Berenson and Jacque Plante.  A very good team.  Just not enough to beat Beleveau's Canadiens or Orrs Bruins.  They have paid their dues.  As have my Sabres, but St Louis is my second favorite and after that the Kings and Canucks.  Buffalo will have their day in the next few years with the young monster of a team they are building.  But for now, Go Blues.  STeve Ott was  a great guy when he played for us.  Love the guy.  The next game is huge.  And it will be  very physical.  They need Teresenko to show up big and do his magic.  He is the best offensive player in the NHL right now.  Brower gives the a net presence, Steen and Petrangelo, Shattenkirk, can all score.  I hope David Backes is OK.  He is one of my favorite players.  

6 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Nice coaching job by Hitchcock.  He turned this around and the Blues are loaded.  Nobody deserves to win the Cup more than St Louis. Many do not realize that under Scotty Bowman, in their first t3 years of existence, the Blues went to the Cup finals only to lose to the then Mighy Canadians and Bruins who had Orr and Espo.  But the Blues had the Plaguer bros and Red Berenson and Jacque Plante.  A very good team.  Just not enough to beat Beleveau's Canadiens or Orrs Bruins.  They have paid their dues.  As have my Sabres, but St Louis is my second favorite and after that the Kings and Canucks.  Buffalo will have their day in the next few years with the young monster of a team they are building.  But for now, Go Blues.  STeve Ott was  a great guy when he played for us.  Love the guy.  The next game is huge.  And it will be  very physical.  They need Teresenko to show up big and do his magic.  He is the best offensive player in the NHL right now.  Brower gives the a net presence, Steen and Petrangelo, Shattenkirk, can all score.  I hope David Backes is OK.  He is one of my favorite players.  

Agreed Rick!  Mrs Walter grew up with the Plaguer Bros' kids and the rest of the team.  Her dad was a huge fan and part-owner back in the 70's.  He still has deep roots out there.  We are going to St Louis next month and Walter Jr is going to be able to go into KMOX box to hang with the legendary Mike Shannon while they call a Cards game.  St Louis is such a great sports town!  I really hope they bring home the Cup this year!

27 minutes ago, Walter said:

Agreed Rick!  Mrs Walter grew up with the Plaguer Bros' kids and the rest of the team.  Her dad was a huge fan and part-owner back in the 70's.  He still has deep roots out there.  We are going to St Louis next month and Walter Jr is going to be able to go into KMOX box to hang with the legendary Mike Shannon while they call a Cards game.  St Louis is such a great sports town!  I really hope they bring home the Cup this year!

Amen.  I want them to win the Cup big time.  I have future wagers I put on them two months ago that they win the West and the Cup.  My heart is not there for the baseball team as I am sure you know.  But I love the Blues, second to my Sabres only

7 minutes ago, Walter said:

Nashville?  

Nashville..Tampa Bay...Carolina...whichever team from the South it is. I lose track of 'em. As they say on the TK show: One of the 'Original 30'! Hehehe.

Edited by Strider

I'll be going for SJ....by default...

The NY Rangers fan in me won't allow routing for Cindy's Pens.

Although it would be nice to see Cullen, Daliey, Kessel and Haglin get their name on the cup....It's too bad Daily broke his ankle. To play in a cup final would have been great for him. We missed him down here on the Stars!

Edited by zepscoda