2016 NFL Thread

Walter

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I know it's still way too early in the season, but... should I be worried about the Pats maybe running the table in the regular season, then going 19-0.

Poor me and poor Mercury Morris and the rest of the gang...

:unsure:

Easy now. We all said the same thing last year when the Patriots got off to a great start...and we all saw how that turned out, right?

I was this close to picking Houston yesterday and then I remembered the Arizona game.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Belecheck has his spies working overtime.  I did not see the debacle by Houston, but can only imagine it was a ton of short passes to Edelman and some real shitty offense by Houston.  They were obvoiusly exposed.  Did anyone ever say Houston is a good team?

How are you doing Rick?

Yes.  3 out of 4 on the TV panel last night picked the Texans.. Edelman was the backup QB. New England shut them down with a limited Gronk, no Garapollo, no Brady, no Hightower.. And a third string QB..

The Patriots Defense put on a clinic. Maybe because most of the Texan's coaching staff were former Patriots coaches, Belichick knows their style.. But so what..

I don't think firing Rex Ryan is a good idea either. He's a very good coach. You would know better than me in that though Rick.. Have the players tuned him out?

3 hours ago, the chase said:

How are you doing Rick?

Yes.  3 out of 4 on the TV panel last night picked the Texans.. Edelman was the backup QB. New England shut them down with a limited Gronk, no Garapollo, no Brady, no Hightower.. And a third string QB..

The Patriots Defense put on a clinic. Maybe because most of the Texan's coaching staff were former Patriots coaches, Belichick knows their style.. But so what..

I don't think firing Rex Ryan is a good idea either. He's a very good coach. You would know better than me in that though Rick.. Have the players tuned him out?

I figured I would get you going!  LOL.  I think Rex is a moron firing the offensive Coo who has a proven track record in SF and now he lets his lame ass brother stay when the defense, not the offense was to blame.  But in reality Dareus is to blame for our record with his weed smoking and bann.  Fucker cost us big.  I am for firing Ryan if we lose to Arizona.  Time will tell if they have shut him out?  I think we know Sunday.  I am more concerned that my Orioles who won their series in Boston somehow stopped hitting?  Now we have to beat out the Tigers and we should

Maybe the Bills are playing the two super bowl reps the next two weeks?  Minnesota lost Peterson and now we have to play without S Watkins.  So I will cheer for the Rams and they are sad also

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding

Well this betting service that sends pics by e mail and is very good has picked the Arizona and Buffalo game.  They are picking the Bills!!!!  I was shocked also.  But they gave a page long reason that I have not yet read.  i just skipped to the pick as I was pretty shocked they selected that game.  They are red hot in baseball.  I think the Bills need to play well to save Ryan's job.  If they win, he is surely gong to be safe for a bit and the fans might get off his back?  They were beaten mainly because Dareus chose the weed over the team.  I really believe that if they had Dareus they would have given the Jets far more problems.  They had beaten them  6 in a row.  I picked Dallas in my Eliminator contests to beat Chicago  I will be shocked if Dallas does not win that game.  Chicago lost 3 more guys to injury to make their problems even worse.  Dallas cannot afford to lose a game like this on the schedule.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well this betting service that sends pics by e mail and is very good has picked the Arizona and Buffalo game.  They are picking the Bills!!!!  I was shocked also.  But they gave a page long reason that I have not yet read.  i just skipped to the pick as I was pretty shocked they selected that game.  They are red hot in baseball.  I think the Bills need to play well to save Ryan's job.  If they win, he is surely gong to be safe for a bit and the fans might get off his back?  They were beaten mainly because Dareus chose the weed over the team.  I really believe that if they had Dareus they would have given the Jets far more problems.  They had beaten them  6 in a row.  I picked Dallas in my Eliminator contests to beat Chicago  I will be shocked if Dallas does not win that game.  Chicago lost 3 more guys to injury to make their problems even worse.  Dallas cannot afford to lose a game like this on the schedule.

Yeah, losing Dareus was tough on the Bills but this is football...Man up! This is what makes New England so tough year in and year out. They don't allow injuries to be an excuse. No man is bigger than the team. Someone gets hurt, then it's next man up and just "DO YOUR JOB"!

New England just beat a 2-0 Houston team with no Gronk and their #3 QB. No excuses or whining about not having Brady or this guy or that.

Now it looks like the Patriots will go 4-0 in their four games without Brady. Love them or hate them, you have to admire their pluck.

Edited by Strider

47 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yeah, losing Dareus was tough on the Bills but this is football...Man up! This is what makes New England so tough year in and year out. They don't allow injuries to be an excuse. No man is bigger than the team. Someone gets hurt, then it's next man up and just "DO YOUR JOB"!

New England just beat a 2-0 Houston team with no Gronk and their #3 QB. No excuses or whining about not having Brady or this guy or that.

Now it looks like the Patriots will go 4-0 in their four games without Brady. Love them or hate them, you have to admire their pluck.

Being in a small market like the Bills are in does not help matters.  If a guy like Dareus mess's up it really kills a team like us who puts so much stock in fewer players than a bigger market team has to.  We have less options.  But we also have a clown for a coach.  Tough to overcome.  Lets see if he can pull a rabbit out of his hat tomorrow

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I've decided I'm not even going to waste my time watching the Fins and Browns tomorrow--Denver and Cincy is the game to look at this Sunday....

What? And miss possibly the only victory your Fins get this season? :P

Miami has to beat the beleaguered Browns today, right? Or is Cody Kessler the next Tom Brady?

Edited by Strider

13 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I've got the Sunday ticket, so who knows, I will probably flip to the Fins while the Broncos game is in commercial breaks. The Fins are just garbage anyway--maybe not 0-16 garbage, but 5 wins would be a miracle for that sorry bunch....

They are the biggest favorites today so imagine how bad Cleveland is?  That is bad for the NFL that Cleveland has been bad for this long.  Who ever imagined that this storied team would be like this?  As for the Sunday ticket, I think its a rip off.  I understand you want to see the Dolphins, why else would you buy it?  I think MLB and NHL are far better buys.  I get to see the Orioles every day all summer, saving me from the Yankee and Mets broadcasts, two teams I detest and in hockey its simply fabulous.  If you are a fan like I am.  The Sunday ticket, well you really need picture in picture TV to really get your money worth.  My son in law has FIOS.  By Verizon.  It is RED ZONE.  It goes to any game where the ball is inside the 20.  I actually liked it because it does not have blackout restrictions to my knowledge.  But I did see it in New Jersey so the Bills would not be blacked out anyway down there.

Rex Ryan's arse is on the chopping block today.  

4 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

What's that old saying, "Any given Sunday"--Bills up 10-0 in their game...  :wacko:

They look very good so far.  Cardinals getting beat deep trying  to beat our secondary   McCoy and Tyrod on fire.

Cardinal coach looks like Santa Claus.  Tough to come East

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding

10 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Detroit getting their ass whooped so far--I guess Rodgers is back to his old self...

Fucking Lions.  Every year same old shit.  Bills first and goal at 5.  Tyrod and McCoy going nuts.  I am flipping.  O's had a tribute to Fernandez.  TD Bills!!!!!!!!   17-0

I was going to go on an expletive filled tirade about Miami, but they are not even worth it anymore...

The one week where I don't pick the Bills and, of course, they're winning big over the Cards...

Panthers can't beat the Vikings--what in the blue hell?

And why didn't I have the stones to pick the Raiders...

:wacko: