2016 NFL Thread

Walter

22 hours ago, Walter said:

Looks like the proposed stadium deal in Vegas to entice the Raiders move, may have hit a snag....

http://m.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/majestic-realty-bows-out-las-vegas-stadium-development-team

In case you did not hear, Vegas has a new hockey team next year.  Its a done deal.  I think the Golden Knights may be the nickname?  lets see how hockey doe there.

So Walter, are you going to the Bills vs Rams game tomorrow?

Looking over at the contest thread I see Jabe has seen the light!  LOL.  He has picked the Bills along with  Strider who I hope has not put the hex on us?  

18 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

In case you did not hear, Vegas has a new hockey team next year.  Its a done deal.  I think the Golden Knights may be the nickname?  lets see how hockey doe there.

So Walter, are you going to the Bills vs Rams game tomorrow?

Looking over at the contest thread I see Jabe has seen the light!  LOL.  He has picked the Bills along with  Strider who I hope has not put the hex on us?  

Yes, I heard.  Crazy cities in the NHL anymore.

No, I'm not traveling out to LA for the Bills game.  It's a pick 'em game to me and I usually go with the home team in that case.  So I'm picking the Rams, even though I don't think they're as good as their record indicates.  

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Yes, I heard.  Crazy cities in the NHL anymore.

No, I'm not traveling out to LA for the Bills game.  It's a pick 'em game to me and I usually go with the home team in that case.  So I'm picking the Rams, even though I don't think they're as good as their record indicates.  

Part of my question was directed at you but the going to the game part was for STrider.  I will text him I guess.  If he is up out there?  LOL

With all of the great matchups who the hell would put Carolina and Tampa on Monday night?  The Tampa part of it stinks.  So I looked at the schedule and I think its big that the Bills win today  They then get SF and Miami, both games they should win.  Then New England comes in, and we then go to Seattle and Cincy.  Ouch.  And after the bye we get the Raiders and Steelers back to back.  The Bills will really have to earn it.  If they can win today, they have a shot at going into that next NE showdown with a good record.  The Jets, should they get beat in Pittsburgh and I think they will, will be pretty much finished after all the hype when they won that game in Buffalo.   Some are picking the Lions to beat the Eagles today.  Remember what they did to them on Thanksgiving day last year? The Lions killed them.  I need and expect Minnesota to take care of an overated Houston team.  If Houston is so good why did  they get beat 27-0 by a Bradyless NE team?  That was pathetic.

Here is to miracles.  A Cleveland upset.  Brady coming out rusty.  Cleveland for some reason has given them trouble in the past.  Beat them straight up.  The Browns lead the NFL in rushing.  Hard to believe isnt it?  If they can run, they can keep the ball away from Brady.  if they did shock the world and win, it would kill many a ticket on the Eliminator contest.  I took Minnesota on one and Pittsburgh on the other. 

Key game for Raiders today. These last few wins have been nice but it don't mean a thing if they don't take care of division opponents like San Diego today. A loss to the Chargers would be the same ol' "one step up...two steps back" routine the Raiders have been on all these years.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Key game for Raiders today. These last few wins have been nice but it don't mean a thing if they don't take care of division opponents like San Diego today. A loss to the Chargers would be the same ol' "one step up...two steps back" routine the Raiders have been on all these years.

First time in ages the Raiders have really been in any real conversation.   As for Paul's Dolphins?  What is the problem Paul?  Is the front 4 finding out that Super Mario shows up when he feels like it?   Like in Buffalo?  Or is there much more to their defensive problems?  Pittsburgh just went back up on the desperate Jets.  I hope the Steelers can beat them and send them to hell.  We have a big game in LA, and an unfamiliar opponent.  I am happy for the Rams and their start.  Today I must hope the Bills can find a way as the game is much bigger to Buffalo than it is for the Rams.  The Vikings have not disappointed.   And it appears Brady is back to business as usual, even though its vs a lower level team

38 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Last time the Bills played the Rams in LA was 1983!!!  My two teams that I love are on and playing each other

Sorry Rick. By 1983 the Lambs were in Anaheim. The Bills did play the Raiders in L.A., however.

19 minutes ago, Walter said:

How 'bout them Cowboys! 14-0.  We've seen the future, and it looks good!  TD's by Elliott and Prescott!

I'm listening to the game on the Bengals radio channel.  The commentators are usually biased toward their own team, but even they cannot hide their crush on Dak!  Dak was a darling in college football and is soon becoming a darling in the NFL.  Good for him. :) 

I was watching the baseball game, so I have no friggin' clue about the Fins today--typical Miami shit performance, I would say; no shock there....

I think I did have the Cowboys in the pool today--thank goodness...

Lions can't beat the Bears, but they can hang the first loss on Philly... :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

I'm listening to the game on the Bengals radio channel.  The commentators are usually biased toward their own team, but even they cannot hide their crush on Dak!  Dak was a darling in college football and is soon becoming a darling in the NFL.  Good for him. :) 

I'm rejuvenated with him at the helm!  It's so refreshing to have him and Elliott on the offense side of the ball.  He is very cool and calm - just the way I remember him at MSU.

21-0 at the half....

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

:notworthy: Zeke Elliott :notworthy: 

28-0 Cowboys

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: 

Walter has a hard on of all hard ons.  Calm down dude.  Its only the Bungles.  Though if the Giants get throttled tonight, it may be a 2 horse race with the Eagles. I still would beware of those Eagles.  

3 hours ago, Walter said:

How 'bout them Cowboys! 14-0.  We've seen the future, and it looks good!  TD's by Elliott and Prescott!

As long as Jerruh doesn't stick his nose in and muck things up.

RAIDERS BABY! 4-1 for the first time since 2002. But must every game be a nail-biter? Yikes.

38 minutes ago, Strider said:

As long as Jerruh doesn't stick his nose in and muck things up.

RAIDERS BABY! 4-1 for the first time since 2002. But must every game be a nail-biter? Yikes.

Sean, they sucked out on a missed snap on what would have tied the game!  A bit lucky. They have not really beat anyone of quality yet to my knowledge.

Raiders looking like the team they should be in the NFL. 

How about those Bills?  Fire your O-Coordinator and get Sammy Watkins on the sideline and the team takes off.   Great D from the Bills today.

Brady!  What can I say?  All he will see the rest of the season are 11 Roger Goodells on the other side of the line of scrimmage.  I would hate to play the Patriots this season. 

Archived