2016 NFL Thread

Walter

40 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, that was a pretty exciting overtime finish--but, to have to expend that much energy to beat the friggin' Cleveland Browns.

And now, the Fins go on the road, to no doubt get murdered by Cincy...

Oh well, time to focus on the Steelers game....

And the Bills.  If we can beat Arizona we can beat Miami.  And I suspect maybe a Brady less NE team?

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Sorry pal, no way I'm going against the Patriots again--I've learned my lesson after that Houston game.

I guess this Steelers game proves yet again, there is no such thing as a lock in today's NFL...

And I still can't get used to saying "Los Angeles" Rams...

:wacko:

I am used to it.  I always loved them.  I will love them more if they hang on and win this game.  As for my Bills, I like our chances at NE

TD RAMS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Unless something screwy happens--and something always can--but, if the Boys keep winning with Dak Prescott, how the hell can you sit him in favor of Romo. If--or when--he ever returns...

I disagree big time.  First of all, he has benefited from playing bad teams.  Dallas has a gift early schedule.  I say Romo has too much up side to not put him out there vs good teams and the coach will know this.  Romo is the QB>  What say ye Walter, the guy who really cares?  As for my Bills, that was a huge win.  The secondary was fabulous and so was Hughes.  If they do that to whoever Belecheck puts out there, we will give them hell.  This will be the first  time New England will be in for a true battle.  Arizona is not on top of their game.  So that and the long trip East, which the coach does not agree with, likely played into their demise in Buffalo.  How many times have we seen Buffalo do this?  Beat the team you think they cannot beat.  I honestly believe they will put up a fight win or lose at NE.  Miami is blessed.  I hear the Browns missed the winning FG?  Unreal.  I am wondering how good Tampa's offense is?  They have been able to move the ball so far.  The Rams won and now are 9 pt dogs going into "hell" in Arizona vs a team that will be in a foul mood.  I am going Atlanta tonight.  I still think they are better than the Saints

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Unless something screwy happens--and something always can--but, if the Boys keep winning with Dak Prescott, how the hell can you sit him in favor of Romo. If--or when--he ever returns...

Paul, if the Patriots keep winning with Bissett, do you think New England will hesitate to put Brady back in as starter once he is available? Romo is getting his job back, no question.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Surely you're not suggesting that Tony Romo belongs in the same conversation as a guy--like him or not--who could be considered the GOAT as far as QB's go. 

At any rate, you and Rick seem to think Romo will be getting his job back--I wonder what Walter thinks...

Romo is not GOAT material. But he's seemingly beloved by Cowboy fans and if healthy, would seem to rate above a rookie. But it looks like you think this is a "Drew Bledsoe-Tom Brady in New England" type situation? Where Bledsoe went down injury and lost his job to new guy in town Brady.

So...let's ask Walter what the Cowboy-fan-on-the-street thinks.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Romo is not GOAT material. But he's seemingly beloved by Cowboy fans and if healthy, would seem to rate above a rookie. But it looks like you think this is a "Drew Bledsoe-Tom Brady in New England" type situation? Where Bledsoe went down injury and lost his job to new guy in town Brady.

So...let's ask Walter what the Cowboy-fan-on-the-street thinks.

WALTER, READ ALL ABOVOE POSTS.  LOL.  Paul, maybe Brady is not the reason they win after all?  Maybe its Belecheck?  Lets see if the Bills pass the litmus test. Rex is already talking trash.  Unreal

It's Romo's team.  Dak has said it, Garrett has said it and, most importantly, Jerrah has said it.  The good thing is, at this point, they don't need to rush him back.  As far as the schedule, they have played the exact same teams the rest of the division have/will play.  So that's moot.  Btw, Collins has torn a ligament in his foot.  Good thing we didn't trade Leary for a backup qb when Romo went down in the preseason.  He's out 6-10 weeks.  SF this week.  It'll be tough after they got throttled by Seattle Sunday.  Then we get Lawrence, our best pass rusher, back from suspension.  Giants lost Vereen yesterday and Jennings is still injured.  Philly is looking very tough right now in the East.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

WALTER, READ ALL ABOVOE POSTS.  LOL.  Paul, maybe Brady is not the reason they win after all?  Maybe its Belecheck?  Lets see if the Bills pass the litmus test. Rex is already talking trash.  Unreal

Rex should learn to keep his yap shut. Notice nobody on the Patriots takes the bait..Well.. Wes Welker did years ago.. He made a bunch of foot fetish references because Rex said he loved his Wife's feet..It was kind of funny but Belichick benched him.

Tom Brady is a reason not THE REASON.. He's going to come into game 5 on fire.. 

Edited by the chase

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Rex is already talking trash.  Unreal

22 minutes ago, the chase said:

Rex should learn to keep his yap shut. 

14 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Rex Ryan talking shit, eh--what's his record vs. Belichick anyway? I'm guessing it's not good, especially after they get waxed this Sunday...

:lol:

Crazy is when you keep doing the same thing expecting a different result.

15 hours ago, the chase said:

Rex should learn to keep his yap shut. Notice nobody on the Patriots takes the bait..Well.. Wes Welker did years ago.. He made a bunch of foot fetish references because Rex said he loved his Wife's feet..It was kind of funny but Belichick benched him.

Tom Brady is a reason not THE REASON.. He's going to come into game 5 on fire.. 

Chase, one of us could beat Cleveland!!!  Are you kidding me?  They have Cleveland week 5!!!!!  Who made the schedule?  Belecheck?  Its a crime.  I mean, when you get to the title game you are supposed to get a first place schedule.  Cleveland being the worst team in football is no indication.  Brady will no doubt shine in that game.  Lets wait until he plays a real defense before we can say he is 100%.  Or a real team.  I picked the Redskins to beat the Browns on my Eliminator contest.  I just cant see Cleveland winning.  They had their chance in Miami and blew that.  As for your Pats. expect a fight this week  No way is some backup rookie going to walk all over us.  Even with the luck you got when Dareus smoked the pipe.  Our defense will show up.  And so will McCoy and Tyrod.  If New England keys on McCoy, they will be vulnerable down field.  I like the Bills in this game.

3 hours ago, the chase said:

^ Fair enough Rick.. I don't care who they're playing. Brady is going to go absolutely crazy.. games 5 - 16..  

Woa!!!!!!  Wait just a minute fella!!!!!!  Hold your horses!!!!!!  Wait until they play somebody.   Age catches up with everyone and time and tide waits for no man

18 hours ago, the chase said:

^ just saying he's going to be on a mission.. Win lose or draw.. 

I do not doubt that and he is  great competitor.  I am not convinced he is better than Joe Monatan.  No way.  But he is on the top 5 along with Unitas, Starr, Manning, Bradshaw and a few others that deserve to be mentioned.  Kelly would have made this list if only the ball had gone through the uprights  But not his fault.  

There is no Vegas line yet on this game.  The game is off the board.  I did see one early line of NE being favored by 4.  So that is about what I expect.  I do not now if it matter which guy they go with and I hear they are both banged up?  Is Belecheck considering picking up a journeyman for this week?  Or starting a non QB at that position?  I am sure some of the guys there played QB in high school for instance and this has been done. Maybe a guy like Edelman?  But no matter, the Bills have a bit of an edge in this game.  They need to take advantage of it.  Our local sports guy, Bob Matthews who is on my Facebook page as a friend and is the head sports guy on 13WHAM, says Belechek has built a ya loung defense that may the best this team has ever had.  So that explains the shutout of Houston.   They will have their hands full with Buffalo in comparison.  We are more dangerous because we have McCoy and that guy is a maniac.  Should be a low scoring nail biter IMO

I WANT YO ASS'S NEW ENGLAND!!!!!  I WANT YOU!!!!!  BELECHICK THE WEASEL HE IS, HAS NOT PUT UP HIS STARTER THUS NO VEGAS LINE AND THE GAME IS OFF THE BOARD.  GET MOVING YOU PRICK!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding

^^^ Tom Brady is not done yet.. I'd say he has possibly 3 more seasons to go after this one...  So to rank him while he's still playing seems kind of premature.. I don't know of another QB that's been to 6 Superbowls though.. and he's going to continue at a high level. I do hope that if and when he does start to drop off, he handles it right...  

From what I hear Belichick is going with who he has this Sunday for QB. 

I'd put John Elway ahead of Peyton Manning on your list.. He always seems to get overlooked.