It might get loud?

Zucco

The Edge did seem to be odd man out, He seemed very out of place on IMTOD.. But it would have been much less interesting if they were all from the same musical backgrounds. I thought it was pretty cool.. There's one guy who uses all old analog gear and deliberately cheaper guitars and pedals.. (White) one guy that uses every state of the art modern pedal and rack gear on the market (Edge) and one all arounder and jack of all trades (JP). In that regard, Edge was a perfect compliment. 

24 minutes ago, the chase said:

The Edge did seem to be odd man out, He seemed very out of place on IMTOD.. But it would have been much less interesting if they were all from the same musical backgrounds. I thought it was pretty cool.. There's one guy who uses all old analog gear and deliberately cheaper guitars and pedals.. (White) one guy that uses every state of the art modern pedal and rack gear on the market (Edge) and one all arounder and jack of all trades (JP). In that regard, Edge was a perfect compliment. 

Thanks for being the voice of reason. My gawd, the documentary has been out for years now...it's over and done with. Carping about who is or who wasn't in the thing is tired at this late date. Make your own damn documentary if you're so unhappy.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Thanks for being the voice of reason. My gawd, the documentary has been out for years now...it's over and done with. Carping about who is or who wasn't in the thing is tired at this late date. Make your own damn documentary if you're so unhappy.

Yep and different combinations have been to death here as well....  I thought it was a great combination of diverse backgrounds, approaches to the instrument and personalities.  All three are uniquely identifiable by their sound alone - which is something to be said in the world of rock n roll guitar.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

You tell him Mr. Cankypants. That's what he gets for being on your lawn!

Acknowledging The Edge as the odd man out was completely out of line.

1 hour ago, Badgeholder Still said:

You tell him Mr. Cankypants. That's what he gets for being on your lawn!

Acknowledging The Edge as the odd man out was completely out of line.

No it wasn't "completely out of line". It was just redundant (there are already multiple threads and posts about "It Might Get Loud" and the Edge's participation in same) and misses the point.

The director Guggenheim said many times over that he didn't want three guitarists that played the same and thought the same. You don't like The Edge being in it? That's a "you" problem, not a problem with the film itself.

Edited by Strider

32 minutes ago, reswati said:

This movie did in fact make me appreciate the Edge far more than before.

For all his reliance on pedals and echo delay, there are still songs where the Edge's playing ability shines through.

"Bullet the Blue Sky" has great guitar on it. "Running to Stand Still", "Until the End of the World", "One Love", "Walk On"...these songs stand the test of time. They have soul.

Great points. I think Jack White is great, but he wasn't ever the game changer that Page and the Edge were. People

who weren't around at Page's Zep debut AND U2's inception may not realize that much of those sounds simply didn't

exist before. White has some innovation,.but is mainly a unique combiner of previous styles, although with plenty of

style and conviction.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:56 PM, Strider said:

No it wasn't "completely out of line". It was just redundant (there are already multiple threads and posts about "It Might Get Loud" and the Edge's participation in same) and misses the point.

The director Guggenheim said many times over that he didn't want three guitarists that played the same and thought the same. You don't like The Edge being in it? That's a "you" problem, not a problem with the film itself.

I have said this before in another thread about this same topic, but I think the film itself would have been better or more interesting (for me) if it had Alex Lifeson and Joe Perry as the other two guitarists.  Even Joe "Fucking" Walsh would have been another that I think would have made it more fun for me to watch. 

Seeing Alex, Joe and Joe worship at the feet of Jimmy Page is something that I would really enjoy watching.