Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
TheBaboonRemainsTheSame

Help please: Photos of John Bindon with the band

Recommended Posts

Hello All, I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Where could I get hold of a good quality copy of a photo of John with any members of Led Zeppelin? I'm planning to print it, frame it and hang it up for his Dad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBaboonRemainsTheSame said:

Hello All, I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Where could I get hold of a good quality copy of a photo of John with any members of Led Zeppelin? I'm planning to print it, frame it and hang it up for his Dad.

 

John Bindon's Dad? If alive, he must be in his 90s. I have the Bindon biography but not at arm's reach. There must be good photos in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

John Bindon's Dad? If alive, he must be in his 90s. I have the Bindon biography but not at arm's reach. There must be good photos in it.

Indeed he is - 94 next month. He's only just relented to allow me to put some pictures up, I was hoping a picture of John & Zep would be a conversation point for visitors. Got to exercise the old fella's memory as much as possible!

If by biography you're referring to the Wensley Clarkson book then no - there's no Zep photos in it.

 

Edited by TheBaboonRemainsTheSame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBaboonRemainsTheSame said:

Indeed he is - 94 next month. He's only just relented to allow me to put some pictures up, I was hoping a picture of John & Zep would be a conversation point for visitors. Got to exercise the old fella's memory as much as possible!

If by biography you're referring to the Wensley Clarkson book then no - there's no Zep photos in it.

Yes, that is the biography I have. The thought just occurred to me - and perhaps it's been discussed here before -- but to my eyes it sure looks like John Bindon at 1:53 of the video clip below:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 of those 3 pics show him leading by the arm...maybe also in that first pic from Oakland. I would think Page and Plant wouldn't like to have their arm held like that much of the time. I suppose that's common for security but seems like it would be annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Yes, that is the biography I have. The thought just occurred to me - and perhaps it's been discussed here before -- but to my eyes it sure looks like John Bindon at 1:53 of the video clip below:

 

Certainly looks like him. Even with that being filmed in '74, Grant knew Bindon long before hiring him in '77.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sure its in a thread somewhere but who was the second shooter with Cole? Wolfman? and thats Roy Harper with PG standing there right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible that the "faceless" man was John however he never put TSRTS on his acting CV and no-one's related any Biffo/Peter Grant anecdote to me, so I'd say it's unlikely it was him. Peter would have known John purely because everyone around the King's Road in the 70s knew who Biffo was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×