The White Stripes Thread . . .

Aquamarine

The video for Conquest is filmed and ready to go. Meg looks happy and so hopefully she's not all anxiety crazy and shit.

From what I hear, The Greenhornes' album is finished and Jack sings a song. Heeee. Brendan's recording his album.

And Icky Thump is teh sexxorz. :D

There is. B)

There is a new Raconteurs album in the works? Triffic!

But I still think Icky Thump was brillianter than the first Raconteurs album, much as I liked it. I also think I was amazingly lucky to see the WS this year BEFORE Meg got all anxious. They were amazing, too! So I hope they'll be performing live again soon.

There is a new Raconteurs album in the works? Triffic!

But I still think Icky Thump was brillianter than the first Raconteurs album, much as I liked it. I also think I was amazingly lucky to see the WS this year BEFORE Meg got all anxious. They were amazing, too! So I hope they'll be performing live again soon.

I was very disappointed that I didn't get to see them <_<

The Nashville Inauguration of Icky Thump show was THE best show I've ever seen in my life. <3

I wish I'd gotten to see them once they'd developed more of a feel for the album live, but I'm not complaining (even thought TicketBastard kept $14 of my Chicago ticket...) because that show was AMAZING.

I've seen the WS 7 or 8 times (and The Raconteurs once - their version of Bang Bang has to be heard to be believed), they've never been less than stunning, easily the best live band in the world at tthe moment.

I have a recording of the July Madison Square Garden gig, it's almost Zeppelinesque in its scope. Last summer I saw them in Hyde Park, they easily filled the night sky with noise and did an awesome 10-minute medley of Cannon-John The Revelator-Astro-Ball & Biscuit that was so ground-shaking it could have been Zep...

I've seen the WS 7 or 8 times (and The Raconteurs once - their version of Bang Bang has to be heard to be believed), they've never been less than stunning, easily the best live band in the world at tthe moment.

I have a recording of the July Madison Square Garden gig, it's almost Zeppelinesque in its scope. Last summer I saw them in Hyde Park, they easily filled the night sky with noise and did an awesome 10-minute medley of Cannon-John The Revelator-Astro-Ball & Biscuit that was so ground-shaking it could have been Zep...

That acapella John the Revelator is just unbelievable, I can't even explain what I find so exciting about it.

I'm a newly converted White Stripes fan (thank Aqua :yay: ) and sadly haven't heard the Raconteurs yet :o:ph34r: so I'd love to hear others' thoughts on them as well.

I absolutely LOVE Icky Thump as well as White Blood Cells and Elephant. They played my area right when I returned from holiday in a huge stadium and truthfully, I think I'd rather see them for the first time in a bit of a smaller setting.

Yeah, the White Stripes are a tiny smoke-filled bar band. But they're entirely too big for that now.

Personally, I think the Raconteurs pale in comparison to The White Stripes, The Greenhornes, or even Brendan Benson. Obviously, I've already mentioned this, but I think I've already passed that phase. Their best work, hands down, is a cover of The Flamin' Groovies "Headin' For The Texas Border." That song is fucking amazing.

WATCH:

Edited by Day Tripper

Seems like the Racs' new album will be out in the spring sometime.

I'm kind of pissed. I want Greenhornes and Benson stuff first.

I think they're getting a little more time to write/record this album, so it could be better than the first one. I felt the first one had a rushed feel, which aided some of the songs but hurt others. Perhaps they can get a nice balance this time.

Does anyone like the Immortal Lee County Killers? They sound kind of like the White Stripes' first record but faster, with more distortion. The guitar player, Chet the Cheetah, calls the sound Fucked Up Blues.

Fucked Up Blues = blues played by punk rockers, which means it's stripped down and has a lot of distortion (a better definition can be found on the ILCK page above).

Like The White Stripes, some incarnations of the Immortal Lee County Killers have been just a guitar player + a drummer.

Chet's pre-ILCK band, The Quadrajets are also pretty cool.

Edited by evilkimevil

Does anyone like the Immortal Lee County Killers? They invented the Fucked Up Blues sound that the White Stripes used (at least on their first record and one or two others).

Fucked Up Blues = blues played by punk rockers, which means it's stripped down and has a lot of distortion (a better definition can be found on the ILCK page above).

Like The White Stripes, the Immortal Lee County Killers are just a guitar player + a drummer.

ILCK formed in 1999, two years after the Stripes.

ILCK formed in 1999, two years after the Stripes.

You're right. I'm wrong. I think I got the White Stripes mixed up with another band like that. I should have just recommened ILCK as a similar band. Now I need to edit my previous post because I realize it's full of errors.