Best OTHAFA from the 1973 North American tour?

ZepHead315

I'm compiling together a personal "best of" compilation for the 1973 North American tour and I'm undecided about what version of the song to pick. Ideally, I'd like a combination of good Plant vocals and a good Page solo, although given the era the solo ultimately has more weight of course. Soundboard or audience doesn't matter, although I'd like the quality to be decent if possible. What are the best versions from this tour?

I enjoyed the LA Forum and Kezar ones in concert but I think the LA Forum tapes are screwed up and the San Francisco tape is a little dry. 

That leaves July 17, '73 Seattle as your best bet for performance and sound quality. Both the audience and soundboard are great.

16 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

"the North American Tour"

+1 :lol:

People are lucky Sam is so forgiving. I know some other message boards where if you don't stick to the topic to the letter you get axed from the board. Also, post-count whores get the boot pronto.

16 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

"the North American Tour"

Seriously, if anything, this thread taught me that half the people on here don't read the whole title! :lol:  Thanks Sue, Strider, and Gibsonfan for your recommendations. I think I'll go with Seattle. Mobile would be a good choice, except Plant's voice on there is quite shaky, and I want a good balance like I said.

Archived