Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Strider

2018 NFL Pick 'Em Pool

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Strider said:

This thread is dead. Find the playoff pool thread and post them there.

Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

LOL.  You get my award of the week pal!!!! Go post this on baseball thread for Kingshitzo.  LOL.  Love it. His almighty fucking Cardinals.  Put Brady and Belecheck right behind this cheater

Rick,

I never said the "c-word", I just meant an asterisk sometimes helps to shed a better light on the statistics being considered given a slightly broader context of what may have been at play when comparing one victory to another victory. That was what I meant.

regards,

Kipper

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 12:48 AM, kipper said:

Rick,

I never said the "c-word", I just meant an asterisk sometimes helps to shed a better light on the statistics being considered given a slightly broader context of what may have been at play when comparing one victory to another victory. That was what I meant.

regards,

Kipper

 

You did not have to say it.  The steroid king post was enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul, your booby prize for finishing in last place is on the way. kipper, I need your address to send your prize for winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 12:17 PM, Strider said:

Amazing how one little post can say so much about a person...his worldview, his paranoia, his workaholicism. Sad.

Thank you, panther, for injecting your petty junior-high attitude at the very end. You couldn't let kipper win with class, you had to make it about you.

There are no cliques here in the football pool. It would surprise you how little I pm with Walter, PC, zepscoda, LedZeppfan77, et al. Only when I have to chase someone down for their picks. We aren't huddled together secretly plotting our picks against you or kipper. Just because you have that childish mentality doesn't mean other people do the same.

I am sorry you never received your prize. But I did send it. But to think that I did not send it just because you won and Walter did not (or whatever you were trying to imply in your post) reveals how deeply your paranoia has poisoned you.

If I was so adamant about having kipper lose and Walter win, I could have just told Walter what kipper picked beforehand and Walter could have just copied his picks, assuring himself of the win. But I don't work like that. 

This persecution complex of yours is getting tired.

You can't even let kipper have his championship moment without dragging your baggage in.

Happy New Year.

 

I don’t know how this little gem of a response got bye me.  To think that me, my wife, and my son sit around thinking how we can pull one over on a nfl picks pool on a rock band forum speaks volumes to the conspiracy freak mentality, not to mentioned the veiled put downs towards me personally, says what this piece of garbage is all about. I can’t believe something so insignificant could consume someone for such a length of time. So I’ve given my 2-3 min of personal time to this attention seeking sponge with this response, more than it deserves from me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You did not have to say it.  The steroid king post was enough

Don’t worry Rick, the asterisk has been properly placed for the bunghole that it applies to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Walter said:

Don’t worry Rick, the asterisk has been properly placed for the bunghole that it applies to. 

Now, now Waltur, no reason to be rude. I don't know why you felt compelled to include a post about the statistics other than possibly that feeling you got outplayed... even while playing 2 or 3 pick lists---- (or having access to them) while everyone else just played one pick list.  A clear advantage, and especially an advantage as you generally posted your picks last each week after any of the nearest competition already posted.  I think people are smart enough to figure out how that advantage works, and apparently in past seasons (before I was ever involved) other people noted it as well going back and reading those old threads.  So when I replied to your "statistics post" you took a light hearted jab meant in fun and then had to go ugly. I guess that just makes you the sore loser. You even had to call Apanther a "pussy" (your words... and not a very nice word) because of how he played HIS GAME.  BTW, I never even put an asterisk behind your name.  I left that for others to decide if it was applicable. I say it is, others of course are entitled to disagree.

When I  PMd my week 17 picks to Strider; of course I assumed you would just match my picks and thus preserve your first place.  What else would I think as YOU insist on posting LAST every single week?  Strider even said as much to Apanther--- that Strider could have posted my picks for you to see, but Strider  IS A STAND UP GUY Walter and he respected my intention to not post my week 17 picks early for you to see. He could have, but he was honorable, and I appreciate that. And because of that I won. I won because YOU FAILED to even pick your own team (Cowboys over Giants) when you should have. I even figured you would do that;  you sir got caught overthinking that game.  So then as I already said, I took a chance on another game and picked the Bears over the Vikings after careful consideration and upon reading a lot of pregame reports.  BINGO!  I came back and won going 14 and 2--- pretty good.  

I really felt bad for Strider missing his Sunday morning picks a few weeks ago. I even said he ought to take a Mulligan---which he has done for others.   So when I encouraged others to assure Strider that we all trusted him (and  I certainly do), only myself and few others said, "yeah sure, take a Mulligan".  But not you Walter.... oh certainly not you.  Strider's misstep in a friendly no money game took himself out, I wonder why you and "Jr" (the two others in the 4 way race at the end-- along with me) didn't want to see Strider have a chance?  It's all for fun isn't it supposed to be Walter?  Apparently not for you, it's something else, some other kind of personal "fuel" you seem to need.  So then how does it feel when sad little Kipper who rides the bus and doesn't have a "cool car" or a big nice house beats you at your own game? Hehehe!

Sorry to make this long, but you bring this stuff on yourself, don't blame Kipper for that. Rick saw it, others know it, and when Apanther embarrassed you by reminding you-- that must have gotten under your skin. No wonder Apanther was rooting for me, you've called Apanther (Andy) a few unkind things over that last months.  I've seen it, and so has others.  And just because Apanther was kind and friendly to "poor Kipper" you had to turn that into some conspiracy. I assure there is none. Apanther didn't help me with my picks, all he did was root for me---and then delight as I was beating you... you Mr big football fan with the NFL avatar, you got played, and that was why I was in this race, to beat you, and beat you straight up. LOL.

Oh well.  You wanted to keep this alive, so there it all is.  We aren't dumb Walter, people see right through you.

Happy New Year

 

Kipper

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Walter said:

I don’t know how this little gem of a response got bye me.  To think that me, my wife, and my son sit around thinking how we can pull one over on a nfl picks pool on a rock band forum speaks volumes to the conspiracy freak mentality, not to mentioned the veiled put downs towards me personally, says what this piece of garbage is all about. I can’t believe something so insignificant could consume someone for such a length of time. So I’ve given my 2-3 min of personal time to this attention seeking sponge with this response, more than it deserves from me.  

LOL, it didn't get by you, you saw it, you see everything and note everything. But it took a few days for you to get the courage to say something after licking your wounds.

How does the old saying go? The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

Yeah, me thinks you have explained your modus operandi one time too many Walter. People are smart enough to calculate the advantage of playing 3 "bingo cards" against everyone else playing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strider said:

Paul, your booby prize for finishing in last place is on the way. kipper, I need your address to send your prize for winning.

Sean,

Thanks again for sponsoring this thread, I had a boat load of fun. Sorry mine and  Walter's personal animus for each other bubbled to the top at the end, but I assure you I don't share any of that bad blood for you. You are a stand up guy, a fun guy who loves rock and roll, old movies, talking about concerts, TV shows, etc. You are a great member of this forum, and I believe most would agree with that.

I still say you should have taken the Mulligan a few weeks ago, you were the only other straight up player I was up against, and you were coming back before your misstep. A 4 way race on the last week would have been more fun than playing against a household of picks.... my two cents on that one... but clearly a dead horse at this point.

 

Anyway, thanks again.

 

Kipper

 

PS   PM sent as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is getting very entertaining.  Nice post Liberace.  Love it.  Give it to the old boy!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

This thread is getting very entertaining.  Nice post Liberace.  Love it.  Give it to the old boy!!!!!!!!!

:goodpost:

 

Flying like an eagle...

 

:piano:

 

liberace-batwing-cape.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ. Everyone needs to take a stress pill and relax. 

For the record, Walter did offer me a mulligan on my missed picks. I said long ago that people could have their wives or kids join in the fun...the more the merrier, I always say.

The only people still carping on Mrs. W and Junior are kipper and panther...often in the same language and syntax. Let it go, fellows. You're entirely in the wrong on this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider said:

Jesus Christ. Everyone needs to take a stress pill and relax. 

For the record, Walter did offer me a mulligan on my missed picks. I said long ago that people could have their wives or kids join in the fun...the more the merrier, I always say.

The only people still carping on Mrs. W and Junior are kipper and panther...often in the same language and syntax. Let it go, fellows. You're entirely in the wrong on this point.

Please refrain from using the Lord's name in vain.  I do not need any more pills.   Have plenty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strider said:

Everyone needs to take a stress pill and relax. 

The only people still carping on Mrs. W and Junior are kipper and panther...often in the same language and syntax. Let it go, fellows. You're entirely in the wrong on this point.

You keep bringing me up, Sean. How am I still carping on the Mrs and Jr, who are probably good people, when I haven't been on this thread since New Year's Eve? Walter brings them up after me to paint a conspiracy picture. And why did you include me in this thread in October in the first place? I'm trying to leave the thread in peace, Sean. 

Happy New Year, Sean.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kipper said:

:goodpost:

 

Flying like an eagle...

 

:piano:

 

liberace-batwing-cape.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Well my last post should get the old boy going!!!!!!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 4:48 PM, Walter said:

I don’t know how this little gem of a response got bye me.  To think that me, my wife, and my son sit around thinking how we can pull one over on a nfl picks pool on a rock band forum speaks volumes to the conspiracy freak mentality, not to mentioned the veiled put downs towards me personally, says what this piece of garbage is all about. I can’t believe something so insignificant could consume someone for such a length of time. So I’ve given my 2-3 min of personal time to this attention seeking sponge with this response, more than it deserves from me.  

Me thinks you sit up all night scheming Walter.   Ha.:hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strider said:

Jesus Christ. Everyone needs to take a stress pill and relax. 

For the record, Walter did offer me a mulligan on my missed picks. I said long ago that people could have their wives or kids join in the fun...the more the merrier, I always say.

The only people still carping on Mrs. W and Junior are kipper and panther...often in the same language and syntax. Let it go, fellows. You're entirely in the wrong on this point.

When did Walter offer you a Mulligan?  I never saw that. I think you said earlier that you and Walter don't communicate much outside the forum anyway. If Walter had made that offer he should have posted that the same as Chase and Rick did in expected classy stand up guy fashion in the thread. If someone else had agreed with that offer, me thinks it would have been nice for them to speak up.  YOU should have had a shot at a come back in Week 17 Strider, YOU deserved that kind of consideration. I have no doubts your late picks would have been honestly declared as you had them originally--- good or bad for that week's competition.  For me it was kind of a let down at the end having the competition between me and just one... oh, sorry.... I mean two other people when it could have been with 3.... oh, sorry--- I mean FOUR other people.

And what does "kipper and panther...often in the same language and syntax" mean????  

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!   Do you think I am Apanther?

Oh lordy, that is too funny.

 

3d8c4807f40300bbab406e365261f568.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same language and syntax. Tricksy hobbitses won the pick em pool twice then?

1 hour ago, kipper said:

 

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!   Do you think I am Apanther?

Oh lordy, that is too funny.

 

3d8c4807f40300bbab406e365261f568.jpg

You write more like me than I do. That's not fair. 

🤣

Difference. I would have edited out the Lord's name in vain in the quote.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Same language and syntax. Tricksy hobbitses won the pick em pool twice then?

You write more like me than I do. That's not fair. 

🤣

Difference. I would have edited out the Lord's name in vain in the quote.

Hey Apanther,

How does it feel being me?  Erm... or is it how do I feel being you?

This is so confusing.

star-trek-let_that_be_your_last_battlefi

 

BTW,  I used a small L when I said "lordy"--- so not thee Lord.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Please refrain from using the Lord's name in vain.  I do not need any more pills.   Have plenty

What? I didn't say Jimmy Page. 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Strider said:

What? I didn't say Jimmy Page. 😛

 

Because, you might be a little smarter than that. Sean, if this is about a grudge, I would hope you could get over it. Joking around something doesn't make you look better. Only more pathetic. 

#1. Why did you state to the good members of the pool that "the only members still carping on Mrs. W and "Jr" if you wish, are kipper and panther, when I had not posted in a week? You lied, and the forum members saw it. 

A grudge? Taking up for your comrad? Pride? The world saw you post, and its on the record. Was it worth it. I stayed quiet.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Because, you might be a little smarter than that. Sean, if this is about a grudge, I would hope you could get over it. Joking around something doesn't make you look better. Only more pathetic. 

#1. Why did you state to the good members of the pool that "the only members still carping on Mrs. W and "Jr" if you wish, are kipper and panther, when I had not posted in a week? You lied, and the forum members saw it. 

A grudge? Taking up for your comrad? Pride? The world saw you post, and its on the record. Was it worth it. I stayed quiet.

Are you really that stupid? Yes, the "world" has seen everyone's posts and the adults can figure it out for themselves. For someone staying quiet you sure have posted a lot...and always the same gibberish.

At least when Joel and Steve stir up the pot they own up to it. You can't even do that. You keep accusing others of holding a grudge when it is you that has been holding a grudge for what seems like two or three years now. You have made a mountain out of a molehill. The world? That's a bit dramatic.

The dots are there for all to see but I can connect them for you if you can't.

 

 

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Strider said:

Are you really that stupid? Yes, the "world" has seen everyone's posts and the adults can figure it out for themselves. For someone staying quiet you sure have posted a lot...and always the same gibberish.

At least when Joel and Steve stir up the pot they own up to it. You can't even do that. You keep accusing others of holding a grudge when it is you that has been holding a grudge for what seems like two or three years now. You have made a mountain out of a molehill. The world? That's a bit dramatic.

The dots are there for all to see but I can connect them for you if you can't.

 

 

I believe life is too short to hold a grudge, but I take up for myself. You say for two years, I've held a grudge?

For two years, you continually bring up my name in an insulting way, in a pool that I had left alone. Own it.

You come after me when someone makes a joke that regards your comrad. Then, I take up for myself. I am entitled. I haven't prompted the jokes. That insinuation has been on you.

As for gibberish, kipper and I being the same people? What stupid deductive reasoning are you using? As I said, life is too short. Don't bring my name into the pool, in a negative way, if I have been leaving it in peace. I thought abouth what ebk said, so I left the thread alone for a week, until you lied on me again and brought me up. Let it go. Or keep it going. 

There is good and bad in us all, but you should own up to this. You should have not brought me into the thread as you did. 

Peace

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Strider said:

the "world" has seen everyone's posts and the adults can figure it out for themselves. For someone staying quiet you sure have posted a lot...and always the same gibberish.

 

 

Strider,

I'm trying hard to figure out why you think Apanther and I are the same person... that is if that is what you meant by that?  I have seen you sort of suggest similar before. Sadly (if that is your intention) that line of thinking makes me feel like you don't believe I am a real person with thoughts, opinions, and emotions of my own.

In a PM I sent you I mentioned a certain area where I used to go years ago not far from where you work/live (same city) do you remember?  I ask you how would Apanther (from the East coast) know that place I mentioned which is on N Fuller above Franklin--- or any of the details I mentioned about it from many decades ago? Fact is you and I travel along the same boulevards and streets daily; probably eat at many of the same places; attend the same venues---- who knows, have probably stood next to each other in line at the supermarket or a doughnut shop at some point.  Apanther is not from where we are from; he and I are not the same person.

Think about it.  Not sure what you mean by "adults can figure it out" but I can assure you that you are on the wrong track if what I think you are suggesting.

Don't blame Apanther for feeling like he got 'trampled under foot'. The person who started that ball rolling wasn't you anyway; they made some snide comments at a bad time in a few people's lives (including mine) and that is where the bad blood comes from. You really don't need to align yourself with all of that Strider. Be the rock and roll guy you are, and  stop letting others pull your strings or influence your opinions on people here. 

I believe I have stuck up for you, Apanther, SAJ and others where it is deserved. And when there is someone who I feel needs a piece of my mind, I give that too.  At this point I will just repeat what I said before:  can't we all just get along?

Kipper

 

 

 

 

Edited by kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kipper said:

Strider,

I'm trying hard to figure out why you think Apanther and I are the same person... that is if that is what you meant by that?  I have seen you sort of suggest similar before. Sadly (if that is your intention) that line of thinking makes me feel like you don't believe I am a real person with thoughts, opinions, and emotions of my own.

In a PM I sent you I mentioned a certain area where I used to go years ago not far from where you work/live (same city) do you remember?  I ask you how would Apanther (from the East coast) know that place I mentioned which is on N Fuller above Franklin--- or any of the details I mentioned about it from many decades ago? Fact is you and I travel along the same boulevards and streets daily; probably eat at many of the same places; attend the same venues---- who knows, have probably stood next to each other in line at the supermarket or a doughnut shop at some point.  Apanther is not from where we are from; he and I are not the same person.

Think about it.  Not sure what you mean by "adults can figure it out" but I can assure you that you are on the wrong track if what I think you are suggesting.

Don't blame Apanther for feeling like he got 'trampled under foot'. The person who started that ball rolling wasn't you anyway; they made some snide comments at a bad time in a few people's lives (including mine) and that is where the bad blood comes from. You really don't need to align yourself with all of that Strider. Be the rock and roll guy you are, and  stop letting others pull your strings or influence your opinions on people here. 

I believe I have stuck up for you, Apanther, SAJ and others where it is deserved. And when there is someone who I feel needs a piece of my mind, I give that too.  At this point I will just repeat what I said before:  can't we all just get along?

Kipper

 

 

 

 

Not what I was saying. Not by a long shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×