Traveling Riverside Blues Promo

Whoever edited the video deserves some kind of award. The mimicked live footage is spot on and the whole feel and attitude of the song is represented perfectly, right down to the underwater swamp footage. I think this video is a hidden gem in the Zep catalog and is just as noteworthy as any t-shirt or poster.

Edited by gibsonfan159

7 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Whoever edited the video deserves some kind of award. The mimicked live footage is spot on and the whole feel and attitude of the song is represented perfectly, right down to the underwater swamp footage. I think this video is a hidden gem in the Zep catalog and is just as noteworthy as any t-shirt or poster.

It must be almost sixteen years since I watched that , I only played it once or twice back in 03 when DVD came out.

Edited by JTM

12 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I might be mistaken, but I don’t believe his video was created by the Zeppelin camp. It was created for a MTV Zep weekend celebration coinciding with the release of the 1990 box set. I always believed at the time that it was done by MTV.

I agree, this video was an artistic acheivement back in the video days. It illustrated the song nicely and fm rock radio had turned to playing travelling riverside blues alot in the mid to later 80s...so again, the timing was perfect for led zeppelin marketing. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 2:08 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Yes I've longed revered this video, it's so perfectly in balance and in a strange kind of way so Led!

• 3 months later...

Not the video, but the SONG itself I remember FOR THE FIRST TIME HEARING at a gig of an ex-roadie of Jimmy Page's (Joe Jammer).  The club was noisy but the radio station playing over the din of the crowd was playing a song that sounded VERY ZEP LIKE.  I thought maybe I had too much to drink the next day, but the next afternoon the same radio station played "Traveling Riverside Blues" and then and there I knew it was a newly uncovered Zep song someone "found" (this would have been the late 1980s, before the box set). I realize it was on the BBC back in 1969,  but here it the U.S., it was something new to behold!

Edited by dpat