New 75 LA soundboard

No Quota

On 7/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, John M said:

Please let us know about the sound quality in the non soundboard discs as compared to previous releases of the Millard recordings.  They were advertised as a big upgrade.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

What’s the audience source like for the LA gigs? Is it an upgrade on previous releases? Very curious. Hope you’re enjoying it. 

Have to admit I was sceptical when I first heard about the new EV box. Sceptical, for various reasons: I already have the Deep Throat box, I am not the biggest fan of their 1975 concerts & my interest in a new 75 SB is sub-zero. It took some emails with a trusty mate who should know, to change my mind. Received the beautiful box on Friday, haven´t heard all the discs yet, but I have to say: They are fantastic! Compared to Deep Throat they are a huge upgrade. The separation of the instruments is excellent, one is able to hear more details. Overall, this sound floors you, like you are in the tenth row, right there. EV did a marvellous job with these Millard 1st gen tapes.

The new SB? Well, just another 75 SB with soundquality similar to Deus Ex Machina/Seattle March 21.- pale in comparison to the new AUD release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 9:36 PM, Autumn Moon said:

Have to admit I was sceptical when I first heard about the new EV box. Sceptical, for various reasons: I already have the Deep Throat box, I am not the biggest fan of their 1975 concerts & my interest in a new 75 SB is sub-zero. It took some emails with a trusty mate who should know, to change my mind. Received the beautiful box on Friday, haven´t heard all the discs yet, but I have to say: They are fantastic! Compared to Deep Throat they are a huge upgrade. The separation of the instruments is excellent, one is able to hear more details. Overall, this sound floors you, like you are in the tenth row, right there. EV did a marvellous job with these Millard 1st gen tapes.

The new SB? Well, just another 75 SB with soundquality similar to Deus Ex Machina/Seattle March 21.- pale in comparison to the new AUD release.

Can only second to that.

Awesome quality. Those AUD should have been done that way many moons ago.

Edited by zepster1979

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Anybody know if the audience sources from this recent release have made it onto the torrent sites yet? I do feel cheeky asking this as i haven't paid a cent for it.....

If it is out there, I sure would appreciate a link. 

Cheers 

Neil 

Bootledz website doesn't think there is any upgrades to these audience sources and is selling his set like he always does when there is no improvement. Any comments on this from the posters who have commented that these are huge upgrades?? I'm a silver collector too and have been holding back on getting this set because of the price. Is it really a huge upgrade? Bootledz has always had my respect for his work on getting all new boots and comparing. Thank you.

18 hours ago, vinnieman said:

Bootledz website doesn't think there is any upgrades to these audience sources and is selling his set like he always does when there is no improvement. Any comments on this from the posters who have commented that these are huge upgrades?? I'm a silver collector too and have been holding back on getting this set because of the price. Is it really a huge upgrade? Bootledz has always had my respect for his work on getting all new boots and comparing. Thank you.

Bootledz site is just a guide, not the source to where the rate system is given. He often dislike newer titles, mainly because he's not after any upgrades but new stuff only. He can degrade a title when a primary source is shorter in favor of some new or rarely seen material. I've lost a faith to his site, however his title comparison is sometimes quite good.

Yes, it's a huge upgrade but don't get me wrong if I say you need a high quality gear to feel it seriously. Do not expect anything new when listening thru your computer speakers or iPhone bag. I can send you samples if you send me your email via message box.

Thanks for your input Zepster1979. Very much appreciated. I wish EV would've made this set a bit more affordable. I guess the seller or sellers of these soundboards sell their audio for sky high prices to EV label. And in return EV must sell at high prices to make their money back since silver collectors have dropped in recent years. I'll wait til I see a full download sometime in the future and decide then if a silver purchase is warranted for these audience versions. Or wait til EV releases a 2nd edition set available at a more affordable price like they always do. Again, Thank you.

I highly doubt if they'll rerelease this set. Millards have been released dozens of times and this unique upgrade is dedicated for those, who wants a different perspective of these famous shows.

I am also a bit sceptical if anyone put a download of full shows here. At least in a fully loseless quality.

If history is any guide, EV will most likely re-release these latest versions of the Millard tapes.  Look at the multiple releases of the Deep Throat box, or the LA77 box.  If any of the LA 75 boards come out in full, I imagine that the Paradigm audience versions will be the ones packaged alongside those releases as part of the “deluxe” sets.

Look at the recent How the East Was Won deluxe box. They included yet another re-release of the same 929 mix they’ve kept putting out over and over for the past 10 years. Same discs and everything.