What other bands are we all into?

Nechtology

There is not too much traffic in this topic at the moment but nevertheless I want to take this chance to draw attention on a young band from my hometown who is standing at the edge of the ramp getting launched for the big music business at the very moment:

Let me introduce "Redhanded" from Germany with Kathrin Strieder on Bass Guitar, "Stuck" Stefanie Fuchs on Lead Guitar, Bernd McThreethousand Fröhlich (Vocals and Rhythm Guitar) and Luck Fuchs on Drums. Yeah, and the most important guitar work is in two girl's hands doing a real splendid job there!

Redhanded won many of important band contests in the last two years and I'm sure the world is going to hear from them in the future! Their brand new album is called "Closer" and I just can recommend everyone who is fond of Grunge mixed up with itching Crossover jumps and the sound of Deftones, Soundgarden, Silverchair, Nirwana, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chilly Peppers to get closer with Redhanded!

Girl's got rhythm!

Learn more about Redhanded under www.redhanded.de

Thank you for the heads up!!! :)

bl14.jpg

band07big.jpg

How about great music from down under? I am really into The John Butler Trio and recently have checked out Xavier Rudd. They are both amazing. Xavier Rudd is basically a one man band, playing a bunch of different instruments during his performances and sometimes at the same time :o John Butler is the most underrated guitarist on the scene today. You HAVE to see him perform live (especially his instrumental "Ocean") you will be BLOWN AWAY :thumbsup:

Peace.

"Don't believe the lies, critically analyze." - John Butler

Everyone seems to be into the J B T!! Hmmm....I might start a thred on aussie music. :)

You must be from the UK?? What is it with Queen and the UK. I love Bohemian Rhapsody but that is it! Period. they are nothing here like in the UK. Zepp rules forever. There are at least 20 bands I would rate higher than Queen! Unreal!

Speak for yourself buddy. Queen is f'in amazing. They do have some songs that aren't necessarily my style, but the songs that are good, are absolutely amazing. Listen to "Prophet's Song" if you don't know.

Their vocal harmonies shatter the Beach Boys and Beatles.

Speak for yourself buddy. Queen is f'in amazing. They do have some songs that aren't necessarily my style, but the songs that are good, are absolutely amazing. Listen to "Prophet's Song" if you don't know.

Their vocal harmonies shatter the Beach Boys and Beatles.

one of the best Queen albums was their first.It was a hard rockin album.

Hmmm....I might start a thred on aussie music. :)

Good idea, Dragster! I'm really fond of Downunder music! In June I'll be visited from my friend Wendy Rule. Wendy is a singer and songwriter from Melbourne and of course I'm going to organize a gig for her in my hometown during her stay! Her voice is .... incredible and her lyrics are visionary journeys full of the extremes of passion, from the most gentle to the most sweeping. When she is on stage it's not only a show. Her performance is a compelling creation of dark, sensual sonic theatre.

Here is her australian schedule if you are interested to witness a real magical music experience:

Melbourne: Friday Feb 22nd at Ceres Environment Park

Melbourne: Saturday Feb 23rd at Bar 303 High St Northcote

*Adelaide: Saturday March 29 at The Folk Centre, cnr George Street & South Road, Thebarton, SA

Canberra: Thursday April 3rd

Gold Coast: Saturday April 5th

Perth: Sunday April 27th

*The Adelaide Gig is a special tripe bill concert top celebrate the Autumn Equinox, with Adelaide's vibrant pagan band, Spiral Dance and Triple Aspect, from Port Lincoln. Wendy will post the details for all the other concerts ASAP on her website!

If you are interested in organizing a gig in your australian hometown just email her! She will be most happy about doing this! Maybe you want to have a look at Wendy's homepage: www.wendyrule.com

Wendy is a Darling! Hug and kiss her in my name if it should happen you'll meet her at one of this occasions (I would like to meet her more often - but Downunder is simply ..... so far downunder I fear! This is a pity because I made so many downunder friendships during my extensive long time travels and my stay in NZ.....)

Nice to meet you here Dragster, and I hope we stay in touch!

Tinkerbell

Good idea, Dragster! I'm really fond of Downunder music! In June I'll be visited from my friend Wendy Rule. Wendy is a singer and songwriter from Melbourne and of course I'm going to organize a gig for her in my hometown during her stay! Her voice is .... incredible and her lyrics are visionary journeys full of the extremes of passion, from the most gentle to the most sweeping. When she is on stage it's not only a show. Her performance is a compelling creation of dark, sensual sonic theatre.

Here is her australian schedule if you are interested to witness a real magical music experience:

Melbourne: Friday Feb 22nd at Ceres Environment Park

Melbourne: Saturday Feb 23rd at Bar 303 High St Northcote

*Adelaide: Saturday March 29 at The Folk Centre, cnr George Street & South Road, Thebarton, SA

Canberra: Thursday April 3rd

Gold Coast: Saturday April 5th

Perth: Sunday April 27th

*The Adelaide Gig is a special tripe bill concert top celebrate the Autumn Equinox, with Adelaide's vibrant pagan band, Spiral Dance and Triple Aspect, from Port Lincoln. Wendy will post the details for all the other concerts ASAP on her website!

If you are interested in organizing a gig in your australian hometown just email her! She will be most happy about doing this! Maybe you want to have a look at Wendy's homepage: www.wendyrule.com

Wendy is a Darling! Hug and kiss her in my name if it should happen you'll meet her at one of this occasions (I would like to meet her more often - but Downunder is simply ..... so far downunder I fear! This is a pity because I made so many downunder friendships during my extensive long time travels and my stay in NZ.....)

Nice to meet you here Dragster, and I hope we stay in touch!

Tinkerbell

Hey thanx for all the great info!!! :) :) It's nice to meet you too....glad you dig OZ rock!! There are tons of old and new bands out there to check out. From Skyhooks all the way down to The Vines....how's that for rock history?!!!! :) :).....did you know they will be unveiling a huge statue dedicated to Bon SCott in his hometown Fremantle WA soon??!

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=4299

Thanx for the Wendy info....appreciate it! :) :) :)

ROCK ON!!!

ABORIGINALSduringAustraliaDay.jpg

Oh dear, HAVE A DRINK ON ME! :drunk:

I already vision hundreds of beer cans and a never ending stream of hang around folks being losely spread around the statue at any time!

I think Bon Scott would like it!

Yeah, I always dig around in music stuff. I'm a rhythm child and I can't live without music. I love the good old stuff - but life goes on and like all other things in the world are circeling, music also does. So, LET THERE BE ROCK!

The Wendy info is given most gladly! She is phantastic and I envy you for having the chance to visit more of her gigs! I flew to London last year to meet her and experiencing her life on stage. This year she is visiting me on her way back from th US and we are going to hang out in the forests for some days. Hope I can make it to travel to Australia in the coming years!

Thin White Rope...............just listen to their version of Some Velvet Morning!!! : ) :)

I also like Nick Cave's version together with Lydia Lunch! Primal Scream aren't bad either (........ even I never understand they asked Kate Moss to join them...... )!

XM Radio made me happy today! I just clicked the button switching channels in order to listen to a certain song. Unfortunately this one faded out this moment and I joined in just right for listening to the Stereo MC's long version of "Connected". I never was a great dancefloor fan and so I didn't knew the title when it got me finally last year (...... and I never heard about the Stereo MCs...... I always was a Rhyth'm & Blues girl.........).

I was JUST LUCKY to grab this song today!!!!!! Yipp!! Yipp!!

Connected is THE title which should be played together with The WHO's "Eminence front"!

Edited by Tinkerbell

The Beatles have pretty much been my fave band for the longest time. At the moment Zeppelin is getting pretty close to that status.

Other music I love: David Bowie, NIN, Garbage, Tori Amos, Paul McCartney, The Beach Boys, Depeche Mode, The Gorillaz, Duran Duran, The Doors, Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd, Fiona Apple, ABBA, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music, Johnny Cash, Filter, B-52's, U2, etc.....