Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Pagemeister

What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

Little known urban legendary historification propositioniskisinum.

A brick in the foundation of Candy Store Rock.

I'm not a huge fan of SYL but this album was great back in the day. I was like 21 when I bought this. Don't like their lyrical themes all that much (questionable and protestable from my standpoint.) This song was awesome to hear for the first time.

Edited by Zepfan2001
lol Canadians

Iron Maiden has a lot of great music but it's the same story with their lyrics, can't agree with some of their messages. This one is one of my favorites.

Edited by Zepfan2001
wrong video link

1958  This is the slow blues on the album.  Most of the lp is up tempo.  All of it is fantastic.  Recorded in a single day May 24, 1958.  The Bud Powell Trio - Bud on piano, Sam Jones on bass, Philly Joe Jones on drums.  Superb remastering.

Edited by John M

Ted Weems was a 1930s orchestra leader. I found at least 3 different recordings of this song (1931, 1933, 1947) on YouTube. This one has the best sound in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/ukWRRNqMAZ4

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Such a wonderful piece, so inspired - and inspiring!  You can rarely go wrong with Beethoven.  A few years ago I found a two volume set of reviews of his music written at the time it was being first published and performed.  Some of the reviews talk about how loud,vulgar, and noisy his music was, how he broke the "rules".  It is quite interesting to read that now.  The world is a much better place with Beethoven's music.  The volume and quality of his work is absolutely astonishing.  I do wish he had written more of these piano concertos (all 5 were fantastic - my favorite is number 5) but there are 9 symphonies and so many piano sonatas.  To listen to the complete sonatas as a set is really something else.

This round of iTunes purchases I kept with the artists I already purchased before so there really wasn't much exploring tonight. They're all great songs.

playlist5.jpg