EVSD Unveiling New SBD May 21st

I have to be honest, the soundboard is pretty close to what I would have expected from this show a month ago (i.e. before the audience tape came out).  There is a lot of rust and sloppiness here.  (STH in particular comes down a few notches.)  Some real highlights, to be sure (NQ is still brilliant, unfortunately it's cut, starts in the middle of Jones' solo), so it's still an enjoyable find, but it's clearly a band coming off of a long layoff and not at 100% physically.  

19 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I have to be honest, the soundboard is pretty close to what I would have expected from this show a month ago (i.e. before the audience tape came out).  There is a lot of rust and sloppiness here.  (STH in particular comes down a few notches.)  Some real highlights, to be sure (NQ is still brilliant, unfortunately it's cut, starts in the middle of Jones' solo), so it's still an enjoyable find, but it's clearly a band coming off of a long layoff and not at 100% physically.  

I am inclined to agree. The audience recording hid many rusty moments and now we can really hear the impact of Page's broken finger. That Stairway To Heaven solo clearly hurt! (As did the opening numbers!) It's not a great gig but LedZeppelinRarities' matrix mixes of WTLB and TWS are incredible and I'm sure grateful to have the show for that reason. Also thought IMTOD got a decent early outing as did TSRTS and K, with Plant singing well for '75. In fact, BD has an awesome scream from Plant in the first Ah-ah section, hinting at what he could have done with his voice later in the tour if it hadn't been for that bloody flu.

Going to listen to those fantastic matrix versions on Youtube again with JPJ's badass bass! Heaven.

The fuck up on Moby Dick is startling....Is Bonzo getting pranked by the band here? He does the whole drum intro (post solo) and they don't come in. 

Reminds me of that time they left Plant hanging on IMTOD, also a '75 show.  Mistakes? Maybe. But It got me thinking they might pull stuff like this on each other just for fun

4 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Reminds me of that time they left Plant hanging on IMTOD, also a '75 show.  Mistakes? Maybe. But It got me thinking they might pull stuff like this on each other just for fun

I've thought that so many times.

• 2 weeks later...