1977.05.21 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

Echoing the other thanks and appreciations. I'm currently listening via my Audio Altar (a.k.a. stereo set up) and by Jupiter's balls, this is a complete revelation compared to what I recall of the very dry Dragon Snake soundboard from 2005. Just superb weight, breath, depth and freshness. Wholly resets my appreciation for the too dry and tinny 1977 tour soundboards. And good golly Miss Molly, it's a cooking show. The bass!! Yumsville.

Thanks again Steve. You're a gent.

30 minutes ago, FavouriteTipple said:

Echoing the other thanks and appreciations. I'm currently listening via my Audio Altar (a.k.a. stereo set up) and by Jupiter's balls, this is a complete revelation compared to what I recall of the very dry Dragon Snake soundboard from 2005. Just superb weight, breath, depth and freshness. Wholly resets my appreciation for the too dry and tinny 1977 tour soundboards. And good golly Miss Molly, it's a cooking show. The bass!! Yumsville.

Thanks again Steve. You're a gent.

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It is a really good performance.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shelflife said:

Great stuff as always, Steve.  Thank you very much for the work you put into this.

No problem. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've got two more things pretty close to being ready for release, April 27, 1969 and May 24, 1975. Keep an eye out for the announcements. 

• 1 month later...

I saw that there's no info file or tray cover with this release so there's no easy way to apply track name metadata to the tracks. I found the setlist in setlist.fm and was able to paste it into a text file. I normally do this by editing the info file and saving the edited file to songs.txt. MP3Tag has a really nice option where you can choose txt - tag. It uses the songs.txt file as input to the tags and works sweet as a nut - to think I used to edit every track by hand to get a proper song title displayed. Anyhow, here is the songs.txt file I made for Steve's 05/21 set so I hope it proves use for some of you. Just to add, Mp3Tag is absolutely the best tag editor I've ever used.

OK, it won't let me to attach a text file so here's the contents that can easily be copied into a txt file of yours:

The Song Remains the Same
Sick Again (The Rover intro)
Nobody's Fault but Mine
In My Time of Dying
Since I've Been Loving You
No Quarter
Ten Years Gone
The Battle of Evermore
Going to California
Black Country Woman
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
Kashmir
Moby Dick
Guitar Solo
Achilles Last Stand
Stairway to Heaven
Rock and Roll
Trampled Under Foot

2 hours ago, Jukkin said:

I saw that there's no info file or tray cover with this release so there's no easy way to apply track name metadata to the tracks. I found the setlist in setlist.fm and was able to paste it into a text file. I normally do this by editing the info file and saving the edited file to songs.txt. MP3Tag has a really nice option where you can choose txt - tag. It uses the songs.txt file as input to the tags and works sweet as a nut - to think I used to edit every track by hand to get a proper song title displayed. Anyhow, here is the songs.txt file I made for Steve's 05/21 set so I hope it proves use for some of you. Just to add, Mp3Tag is absolutely the best tag editor I've ever used.

OK, it won't let me to attach a text file so here's the contents that can easily be copied into a txt file of yours:

The Song Remains the Same
Sick Again (The Rover intro)
Nobody's Fault but Mine
In My Time of Dying
Since I've Been Loving You
No Quarter
Ten Years Gone
The Battle of Evermore
Going to California
Black Country Woman
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
Kashmir
Moby Dick
Guitar Solo
Achilles Last Stand
Stairway to Heaven
Rock and Roll
Trampled Under Foot

Thanks for doing that.

13 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

@SteveZ98 do you reckon there would be anything you could do with the first Knebworth show? 

I tried it awhile back and didn't have much luck. I'll revisit it someday to see if I can figure out another way to approach it. However, that will be a while. I just moved to a new house and getting it fixed up is taking all of my spare time, and will for the next couple of months.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:16 AM, SteveZ98 said:

I tried it awhile back and didn't have much luck. I'll revisit it someday to see if I can figure out another way to approach it. However, that will be a while. I just moved to a new house and getting it fixed up is taking all of my spare time, and will for the next couple of months.

Well good luck with that! Even just TYG from that show would be awesome