Live show in New Jersey in 75 (in front of 350 fans)???

Ian Smith

Saw on Twitter that Zeppelin played a 45 minute set at some place called Behan's in (West Park?) New Jersey in 1975. 

First of all can't believe I would have missed this and second of all has someone got the recording, if it exists? I would so love to hear it. Searched all my usual haunts and can not find it anywhere. 

Many thanks. 

This was on the Isle of Jersey, a British tax exile, in late 75 after Robert's accident. They'd already recorded the Presence album in Munich and were on sabbatical. They visited Behan's and ultimately hopped on stage with the house band. No known recording.

8 minutes ago, Zep Hed said:

This was on the Isle of Jersey, a British tax exile, in late 75 after Robert's accident. They'd already recorded the Presence album in Munich and were on sabbatical. They visited Behan's and ultimately hopped on stage with the house band. No known recording.

Thanks so much for the info. Too bad no one had the tapes rolling.......

1 hour ago, Ian Smith said:

Saw on Twitter that Zeppelin played a 45 minute set at some place called Behan's in (West Park?) New Jersey in 1975. 

First of all can't believe I would have missed this and second of all has someone got the recording, if it exists? I would so love to hear it. Searched all my usual haunts and can not find it anywhere. 

Many thanks. 

Wed, December 10, 1975: Behan's West Park in St. Helier, Jersey

Led Zeppelin join resident pianist Norman Hale for an impromptu 45-minute set, making good on a promise made Dec 3rd to return. No known recordings exist, but there are photographs.

1975 12 10.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Bonham looks like he spent the last half of '75 training for a pie-eating contest.

I was thinking along those lines as well. I guess Pat was feeding him well the last six months or so!

On 7/24/2022 at 4:43 PM, SuperDave said:

Perhaps, it never happened. Especially, when it comes from a social media post. I'd have my doubts about it.

There's an actual picture of it, on this site

19 hours ago, SuperDave said:

I only said that because the title refers the state of New Jersey and not the isle of Jersey where the performance took place.

My apologies mate, looking back that was a rather rude post of mine. I am afflicted by dreaded Covid at the moment and not in the best of moods.

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

My apologies mate, looking back that was a rather rude post of mine. I am afflicted by dreaded Covid at the moment and not in the best of moods.

No big deal. Sorry to hear about Covid. Make a full recovery soon!