Dolly Parton Wants To Reunite Robert Plant And Jimmy Page

luvlz2

Dolly Parton Wants To Reunite Robert Plant And Jimmy Page

Martin Kielty - October 28, 2022

attachment-parton.jpg.f5cbff17e96056c9234dacbabefb7b7f.jpg

Mike Coppola/Danny Martindale, Getty Images

Dolly Parton said she was hoping to reunite former Led Zeppelin members Robert Plant and JImmy Page for a new rendition of "Stairway to Heaven."

She covered the track on her 2002 album Halos & Horns, opting for a bluegrass-style version. But in a new interview with Pollstar ahead of her induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, she said she wanted to deliver a more faithful version.

"When I got nominated, I thought, 'Why not just go ahead and do it while the iron's hot?'" Parton said of her plans for a rock album. "Maybe have some of the greats, the legends of rock 'n' roll sing along with me. I'm gathering all that stuff and notifying a few people."

In the past, she's covered a range of rock songs. "All those things from the rock field were my husband's idea," she explained. "Though he did not like it when I was going to do 'Stairway to Heaven.' But I'm going to redo that really on the money _ and do it more true to the regular record. I'm trying to see if Robert Plant might sing on it. Maybe Jimmy Page might do the pick-up part on it. I'm looking forward to dragging in some of the great classic people, girls and boys, to sing on some of the songs."

Listen to Dolly Parton's 2002 'Stairway to Heaven' Cover

Parton noted that the project isn't advanced enough to offer any details, although she's already written one song inspired by her Rock Hall induction invitation, which she plans to perform at the ceremony on Nov. 5.

"A fine, cute little rock 'n' roll song," she said. "It's called 'Rockin': 'You know I've been rockin' since the day I was born.' You know, listening to Elvis and Journey and Chuck Berry, all those great people. It's a fine little song, and it's real rocky, so I'll have something fun to play."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/dolly-parton-robert-plant-jimmy-page/

Edited by luvlz2

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

She's an iconic country artist, but it's absurd she's being inducted into the RNRHOF. Her only significant connection to rock music is the rock covers she has recorded.

Do you consider the "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" a legitimate thing? Honestly asking (no smart ass). For me it means nothing and never did. MY rock and roll hall of fame is the only one I give a shit about. What is your take on it? 

she can work 9-5 for the next 50 years  and doesn't belong in the hall at least  the rock hall lol and  getting page and plant together.... well I have a better shot of hitting the  850 Million powerball jackpot tonight,  the halls of fame in rock and most sporting halls have become very diluted, it ended for me when rap got a spot

20 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

Do you consider the "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" a legitimate thing? Honestly asking (no smart ass). For me it means nothing and never did. MY rock and roll hall of fame is the only one I give a shit about. What is your take on it? 

My views about it are the same as yours. It's just a monument (tourist attraction) erected by music industry insiders.   

23 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

That said one of my bucket list things is to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Probably a lot of cool stuff there. 

I visited in 1998 during the Page/Plant tour. I went primarily to see JPJ's stage clothing from TSRTS, so I don't recall much more about it besides that. 

I still have nothing but respect for Dolly:

BY CHRISTIE D’ZURILLASTAFF WRITER 
MARCH 14, 2022 UPDATED 9:30 AM PT

Dolly Parton has taken herself out of the running for membership in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, at least this time around, saying she hasn’t “earned that right” but also noting that a future nomination would be cool “if I’m ever worthy.”

Makes sense: Although the “9 to 5" singer has had country and pop hits and has recorded songs with rock elements over the years (Exhibit A), she’s never made an album with, say, Def Leppard.

“Dolly here!,” the country star wrote Monday on social media. “Even though I am extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I don’t feel that I have earned that right. I really do not want votes to be split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out.”

On 10/31/2022 at 10:12 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I still have nothing but respect for Dolly:

BY CHRISTIE D’ZURILLASTAFF WRITER 
MARCH 14, 2022 UPDATED 9:30 AM PT

Dolly Parton has taken herself out of the running for membership in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, at least this time around, saying she hasn’t “earned that right” but also noting that a future nomination would be cool “if I’m ever worthy.”

Makes sense: Although the “9 to 5" singer has had country and pop hits and has recorded songs with rock elements over the years (Exhibit A), she’s never made an album with, say, Def Leppard.

“Dolly here!,” the country star wrote Monday on social media. “Even though I am extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I don’t feel that I have earned that right. I really do not want votes to be split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out.”

I agree with you. She isn’t Rock and Roll I suppose. But she is a fantastic writer, she has had a ton of hits, she is certainly very influential. I know that the Rock and Roll Hall is slightly confused to say the least. I have been thinking lately that Robert needs to be in as a solo artist. His body of work in my opinion warrants that achievement. I am surprised at the musicians who are not in yet. However, it is a flawed method of choosing who and how people get in. I would also like to visit, just to see the talent that is enshrined.

Have a great night Stryder. 

On 10/31/2022 at 5:18 AM, SteveAJones said:

I visited in 1998 during the Page/Plant tour. I went primarily to see JPJ's stage clothing from TSRTS, so I don't recall much more about it besides that. 

Hey Steve, what was your feelings/thoughts of the building back in 98. If you do not mind me asking, what was your favorite part of the building? I also wanted to personally say thank you to you for all the amazing contributions and insights you have given over the years. I have gone back over the last couple of months and have read all of your topics and to say I am impressed would be an understatement. It’s very impressive, and honestly it is important to us as Zeppelin fans. To that I say thank you. 

Have a great night Mr. Jones. AKA Steve, AKA Steve A! AKA Steve A Jones! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 8:36 AM, Ian Smith said:

Ha Ha, that would have made me forget everything else as well

On 10/31/2022 at 8:18 AM, SteveAJones said:

I 2nd what PLANT77 said about 

SteveAJones !

its just great reading your input , esp your helping trackdown real information to help solve questions otherwise we may never resolve, & he knows everyone!

i had a question re’ Plant & Page jumpin on stage with Foreigner in 82(?)  ,  Steve thought i had a good Question & cant remember exactly but i think he just CALLED( or ?)  “MICK JONES” & asked him for me 😳!  

Amazing !  WHO CAN DO THAT??? 

pretty sure he knows Jimmy personally ?

Or at least have  Met Jimmy!

I agree Its great having you on here Steve!  U & Sam Make this site worthy of being the OFFICIAL mighty LED ZEPPELIN Web site! 

& im glad my questions & comments have been found worthy enuf to catch your interest & kind assistance. Such good times ive had on this site for years & years now!

Alot of smart members on here ! 

Thnx again !

On 10/31/2022 at 8:18 AM, SteveAJones said:

• 5 weeks later...

Dolly Parton's 'Rock Star' Album Will Include Steven Tyler, Paul McCartney, Steve Perry And Stevie Nicks- https://blabbermouth.net/news/dolly-partons-rock-star-album-will-include-steven-tyler-paul-mccartney-steve-perry-and-stevie-nicks

Dolly Parton Confirms Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks As LP Guests- https://ultimateclassicrock.com/dolly-parton-rock-star-album-paul-mccartney-stevie-nicks/

Edited by luvlz2