2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

Buffalo must have thought tonight was a playoff game.

Neither team deserved to win. It's as if each team spent the game saying "I don't want to win. Do you want to win? Here's the ball...take it. No, we don't want to win. You take it."

Edited by Strider

14 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bills need to expose Denver's defense tonight again.  Must take care of Denver and Jets.  Then the real fun begins.  

Yeh..... that's probably exactly what's gonna happen pRick.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Can't even make this 💩 up

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡

You keep on talking about how winning works though McMidget... it just keeps getting more hilarious 😂 

💩

3 hours ago, Strider said:

She's a beauty. RIP Charlotte. Still have others or will you get new kitty?

One cat, two dogs. Used to have three cats...Riff, Sam, and Meli. Meli died a couple years ago and Sam left and never came back because he didn't like the dogs.

Hahaha. Bills getting booed off their own field at halftime.

Charlotte was such a good cat. I still have one tabby (Gunny) plus 2 strays, Ernie and Big Head Todd. Ernie's been here since I moved in in 2020. Todd just showed up early this year. He has a huge head. 😄 Here's Ernie in his ninja pose. 😄 

ERNIE NINJA.JPG

Bills are up and down because Allen is up and down, feel good for Wilson, Peyton and Broncos after starting out so horrible now getting their shit together, takes time, Eagles have a brutal stetch coming up while Cowboys have it easy, seems like this is one of those years where no one stands out  as the team to beat

Still very early in the season.  There's potential for everything to change in the last 4-5 games.  Injuries, rookies who never played 17 game seasons, and veterans whose bodies betray them. The Lions are a perfect example.  A supposed easy schedule ends with Minnesota, Dallas, and Minnesota again.  

Too many men on the field Buffalo!  Had to chuckle at that.  Lost and won games both ways, including that one where we had 13 men on the field for the game winning field goal.

so in other news the Bills did what Cowboys did last year after getting mauled by 49ers in playoffs, both teams decided to let go or fire their offensive  coach, apparently the coach is the reason the  respective quarterbacks throw to the team with a different colored jersey, in no way  is it ever the  quaterbacks fault, anyone remember  Terry Bradshaw getting benched in favor of  Jefferson street Joe Gillam or something like that? this was after  couple super bowl wins

On 11/13/2023 at 9:51 PM, Strider said:

She's a beauty. RIP Charlotte. Still have others or will you get new kitty?

One cat, two dogs. Used to have three cats...Riff, Sam, and Meli. Meli died a couple years ago and Sam left and never came back because he didn't like the dogs.

Hahaha. Bills getting booed off their own field at halftime.

It’s difficult losing a pet

On 11/13/2023 at 11:34 PM, Metta said:

Yeh..... that's probably exactly what's gonna happen pRick.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Can't even make this 💩 up

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡

You keep on talking about how winning works though McMidget... it just keeps getting more hilarious 😂 

💩

He should have been fired 3 years ago.  At least they fired Dorsey,  McD on a short leash now

I'm not sure how it happened, but I ended up watching the Lions vs St. Louis Cardinals from 1970 in Tiger Stadium on utube. It was the CBS game of the week with Verne Lundquist.   Jim Hart, Jackie Smith, Jim Bakken, and Macarthur Lane!  The field was in such bad shape that referee Pat Haggerty had to mark off penalties by strides because all the line markers were gone.  THEN they brought out the sticks and chains to measure.  No mikes on the refs so you never knew who the penalties were called on. I was cracking up.  Then I watched Lem Barney intercept two passes and then try to cover a guy by chasing him around the padded goal posts at the goal line.  Mel Farr Superstar got tackled by his own brother Miller Farr.  Two fumbles were caused by the ground.  No review, no disputes.  Jim Hart was sacked and piled on by 4 guys high and low and was crushed like an ant. He could barely walk back to the huddle.  Every one of them would be considered a late or illegal hit in today's game.  Two guys were wearing neck-rolls.  Remember those?  I was only 10 years old and was shocked at how many of these guys I remembered.  Quite an unexpected lesson as to how the game has evolved over the years. 

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I'm not sure how it happened, but I ended up watching the Lions vs St. Louis Cardinals from 1970 in Tiger Stadium on utube. It was the CBS game of the week with Verne Lundquist.   Jim Hart, Jackie Smith, Jim Bakken, and Macarthur Lane!  The field was in such bad shape that referee Pat Haggerty had to mark off penalties by strides because all the line markers were gone.  THEN they brought out the sticks and chains to measure.  No mikes on the refs so you never knew who the penalties were called on. I was cracking up.  Then I watched Lem Barney intercept two passes and then try to cover a guy by chasing him around the padded goal posts at the goal line.  Mel Farr Superstar got tackled by his own brother Miller Farr.  Two fumbles were caused by the ground.  No review, no disputes.  Jim Hart was sacked and piled on by 4 guys high and low and was crushed like an ant. He could barely walk back to the huddle.  Every one of them would be considered a late or illegal hit in today's game.  Two guys were wearing neck-rolls.  Remember those?  I was only 10 years old and was shocked at how many of these guys I remembered.  Quite an unexpected lesson as to how the game has evolved over the years. 

That is why it was more amazing that George Blanda played as long as he did than Tom Brady.

23 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

It was a different game which is why I laugh when  people  claim Brady is greatest ever or Jefferson soon will be greater receiver ever etc... quarterbacks got smacked around as they should they are on the field after all, cornerbacks and safeties pounded receivers going over the middle and inside the 10 yd. line you would run it 3 times, compare then to now, a nice sack of qb. is now roughing the passer, touching the receiver is pass interference, smacking the helmet of offensive linemen like Deacon Jones is hands to the face, and  1st and goal at 1 yard line is play action for a td to get those fantasy points, lol, simply put tv, revenue, has changed sports period which makes comparisons of players  from different decades useless

Looked like Davante Adams pushed off on that last play, but the refs didn't call it. Anyway, the Raidaaas playing like a team that doesn't give a damn about whatever point spread this game had. Sean would know better than me, but maybe Antonio Pierce gave Vegas the kick in the ass they needed...

Seattle losing today, and losing Geno Smith in the process, takes some of the lustre off Thanksgiving night's 49ers @ Seahawks game. Not that I thought Seattle was going to win anyway, but it's going to be difficult for the Seahawks to even keep the game competitive without their starting QB.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

:huh:

The Spanish commentator's feed was bleeding into Chris and Al's dialogue locally. It was a bitch listening to too many moving mouths.
Switched to peacock on Firestick and problem solved.