2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

On 12/12/2023 at 2:37 PM, paul carruthers said:

Like most Thursdays, the question is "who the bleep wants to watch this shit?"....

I don’t have it on but scoreboard watching.  The 21-0 Raiders lead says this is the end for Chargers coach.  Staley right?  Toast.  No Herbert but losing 21-0 to the defense only Raiders is sure to get you fired. The Raiders have. Really played good defense of late.   But need to see if they can vs better teams.  

Three days til Dallas at Buffalo!  One of the most intriguing games of the season.  Bills favored by 2 1/2.  No way should the Bills be 7-6.  This is huge.  Win this game and we will win division!

The Bills blow out Dallas.  League on notice that we are not finished.  I hope a pissed off Dallas team goes into Miami and lights them up. If not Ill have to hope Baltimore beats them at home.  I think I have a little more confidence in that but I expect Dallas to show up next week.  The Bills travel to LA the night before Xmas Eve to play a Chargers team that the Raiders just hung 63 on.  Obviously they quit on the now fired coach.  I feel bad for the coach.  This is a Chargers team that won 6-0 at the Jets, but not so much their defense as the inept Jets offense.  The Bills should blow them out. 13 1.2 point favorites right now.  I have no idea who is coaching them now?

14 hours ago, redrum said:

The Eaglets’ wings are clipped. 

Be careful there.  Remember how bad SF looked during that 3 game skid and the worry that set in?  Now they are ready to hand them the trophy once again.  Should be an interesting game on Christmas night.  Not sure Ill do more than watch the highlights on YouTube.  Like the Dallas vs Miami game that I really wanted to see but its at a terrible time.  I have a Christmas party.   I may be able to talk them into having it on with no sound? But Ill watch the highlights on YouTube later. 

9 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Those damn Steelers...  :mad:

I’ll be happy as hell to get this game wrong on the contest.  Far from over though.  Going to be interesting to see how Raiders and KC pans out,  Wish I could see Dallas and Miami , not sure how much I can see as it’s Xmas Eve. Hoping Vegas is right on the Falcons?  It just seems like a strange line. Atlanta does have a defense but Indy is way better on offense 

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems natural that after rolling the Cowboys last week, that Buffalo is having an epic struggle with the Superchargers... :rolleyes:

You will be chewing the leather or whatever your couch is made of today at 4 when Dallas comes in pissed as hell.  I have a Christmas party but Ill be keeping a close eye on it. Next week Miami at Baltimore. So I am hoping SF beats them have the Ravens motivated.  The last time Miami played Baltimore it did not turn out so well for Miami.  Of course they were not as good then.  It may have been before Tua was there? Not sure..   Go Cowpokes

A wild card game is going to be exclusively streamed on the Peacock Network this year.  Good luck with that!  What amazes me is the lousy technology and broadcasts people are willing to put up with.  Frozen screens, audio problems, amateur broadcasters from hell.  My favorite is when they give you every stat on the screen you never wanted, but just can't seem to manage to tell or show you what down it is and how far to go for a 1st, like that's secondary information.  

I noticed the NFL Network never shows the National Anthem being performed.  I don't have a problem with that.  What I do have a problem with is when you hear the National Anthem being played in the background, and the jack-ass announcers are actually on the field talking while it's being played, even with the lights lowered.  As far as I'm concerned, that's more disrespectful than showing someone taking a knee.  

old man.jpg

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

A wild card game is going to be exclusively streamed on the Peacock Network this year.  Good luck with that!  What amazes me is the lousy technology and broadcasts people are willing to put up with.  Frozen screens, audio problems, amateur broadcasters from hell.  My favorite is when they give you every stat on the screen you never wanted, but just can't seem to manage to tell or show you what down it is and how far to go for a 1st, like that's secondary information.  

I noticed the NFL Network never shows the National Anthem being performed.  I don't have a problem with that.  What I do have a problem with is when you hear the National Anthem being played in the background, and the jack-ass announcers are actually on the field talking while it's being played, even with the lights lowered.  As far as I'm concerned, that's more disrespectful than showing someone taking a knee.  

old man.jpg

100 Absolutely fucking 100 percent agree!