Wishbone Ash

MHD

Great album! Although I already have this on CD and that was supposed to be remastered. All this re-remastering does annoy me. Is it actually any better?

Yeah that's the one I have.

This new one is a 2-disc edition with some "BBC In Concert Sessions" on it : http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3496413//Argus/Product.html

Not worth it if you already have the other version, not at £14.99 anyway. I'd rather they just released the BBC Sessions separately for half the price.

It's a brilliant album that never gets old. I love it as much as I do my favourite Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple & Black Sabbath albums. It's timeless.

I think so too.

I really like Wishbone Ash. I saw them in concert in my town (Verviers in Belgium) last year an I'll see them again next month.

Happy to see that they are other fans of them here.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Love this band and this is where Iron Maiden get a lot of their twin guitar influence (now 3 haha) along with Thin Lizzy.

Yeah, I can really hear Maiden on tracks like this.

• 4 months later...

I love Wishbone Ash and always have done since I heard Jailbait in the seventies. I would have liked to have gone to see Andy Powell's Wishbone Ash recently in Glasgow but no one I know likes them!!! Should have gone myself, I've done it before but I was a lot younger then. Their sound has never been repeated and it was so different. With their medieval lyrics on Throw Down the Sword and The King Will Come and the twin lead guitars of Ted Turner, who was gorgeous and Andy Powell they were definitely a mega talented band.

Archived