Destroyer 77 questions

jsj

I recently dug out my cassette bootlegs out of the attic, that I acquired in in the 80s. I have just one of two tapes tiled Destroyer but I don’t know which of the two night they played in Cleveland

the only clues I can give you are two plantations.. before BYAS he mentions JPJ buying the stand up bass for £18 (I think), and before TYG in the delay getting the stage set he says “soon to be named eleven years gone”

any ideas anyone? And of the two nights they played, which is regarded as the better? 
thanks all

Just now, Zep Hed said:

You've got the first night April 27.

The second night is generally regarded as the better performance of the two, but it is only available as an audience recording so the sound quality is noticeably different than the soundboard from the 27th.

5 hours ago, zeppcollect said:

Hi! Are you sure you got a 77 recording? "Soon to named Eleven Years Gone" was said by Robert in Copenhagen 23/7/1979?

If the tapes have the songs "Hot Dog" or "In The Evening", the recording is from this Copenhagen show and not one of the 1977 Ohio shows.

1 hour ago, jsj said:

Ah sorry. I got mixed up with the eleven years gone quip being on my destroyer tape. I listened to the Copenhagen 79 show in the nights before and blurred the two

No worries. Did you figure out if the tapes are from the 27th or the 28th?

First bit of illicit live Led Zeppelin I ever had. It was a tape swap, older readers might remember those, and the show was recorded on two 90minute cassette's which I've still got in my home made cover. Not really the best recording, some of the soundboard/mixing desk tapes can have a very dry, almost dead sound and I much prefer the ambience of a good audience recording. Nevertheless, it was Led Zeppelin live with no overdubs or studio making good and was exactly what was played on the night in Cleveland. I suspect a lot of older fans would have got into the listening and collecting of live shows by the band through titles like 'Destroyer', 'Mudslide' and 'Going To California", etc.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:13 AM, The Only Way To Fly said:

One of the first boots I got was Destroyer. Kashmir had a bunch of drop outs, but man what a show!

Yep, my tape has a lot of drop outs in Kashmir too