2024 NFL Playoffs Pick ‘em Pool

Walter

On 1/22/2024 at 9:30 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They would not even be in playoffs without Allen.  The fault is with all the injured defensive players.  I knew we were in trouble when Milano went down in London.  I said, there goes the Super Bowl.  Without Milano and Bernard at linebacker they had no chance.  KC had nobody over the middle to worry about. And then throw in Trey White, another one lost for the season.  They lost 5 staters on defense.  Too much to overcome. I hope the Lions win but Im not sure they have enough defense either?

i actually loved the way bills/Allen were playing, he was making short swing and over middle passes and running effectively, bills were pounding ball then chiefs adjusted and stacked defensive line and OC didn't make adjustments

22 hours ago, Strider said:

Well...the only chance I have of catching ebk is catching some upsets. Sooooo....

Kansas City

Detroit

Sorry Walter, I thought for sure ebk would be picking San Francisco. So please change my pick to San Francisco.

22 hours ago, ebk said:

Baltimore

Detroit

Because I know that's the dream matchup for the NFL (hahahahahahaha)

Actually, it wouldn't be as bad for the NFL as you think. People are getting tired of Kansas City and Detroit chasing their first Super Bowl is the kind of underdog story that America loves. I think the ratings would be just as good as it theoretically would be for Kansas City-San Francisco.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Actually, it wouldn't be as bad for the NFL as you think. People are getting tired of Kansas City and Detroit chasing their first Super Bowl is the kind of underdog story that America loves. I think the ratings would be just as good as it theoretically would be for Kansas City-San Francisco.

Actually, all the teams except the Ravens have a good story line this season.  So as far as that goes, any of them would work.  I was mostly thinking of the market size of Baltimore and Detroit.  And while KC isn't a big market, Taylor certainly is.

18 hours ago, custard pie man said:

i actually loved the way bills/Allen were playing, he was making short swing and over middle passes and running effectively, bills were pounding ball then chiefs adjusted and stacked defensive line and OC didn't make adjustments

Must wonder if they stick with Brady at OC? I am a bit disappointed to hear they have endorsed Bass to stay on as their kicker.  After he fucking missed the tying FG from 44 yards?  Seriously?  I know there was a wind but still.  Go Lions.  If the Lions lose, I wont watch the SB especially if its SF vs KC. 

On 1/24/2024 at 3:47 PM, Strider said:

Sorry Walter, I thought for sure ebk would be picking San Francisco. So please change my pick to San Francisco.

I got you! 

What in the effing fuck Baltimore?!? 

I really thought this would be the year after the ravens destroyed the 49ers. It was all set up for them with the #1 seed and everything and the other AFC teams (Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jaguars) not being as strong as previous years. Instead, they blow it again. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

What in the effing fuck Baltimore?!? 

I really thought this would be the year after the ravens destroyed the 49ers. It was all set up for them with the #1 seed and everything and the other AFC teams (Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jaguars) not being as strong as previous years. Instead, they blow it again. Unbelievable.

My Bills lost half their starters on defense.  Baltimore stunk up the joint, especially their coach.  They gave it away.  If the Lions can keep scoring they can win this and more!  I want to see them dance on Andy Reid’s fat ass!  Oh well. There goes the shut out.  Go Lions 🦁 

Flea flicker!  The old Earl Morrill/Baltimore Colts of 68 almost works.  Lions moving well!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

guys can't comment on the games because I didn't watch,  got phone call almost mid nite saturday my youngest brother died unexpectedly of heart attack at age 58! there are 4 of us 2 years apart, all brothers and all business partners in heavy construction up until 2019 when we sold all our machinery, so yesterday we bought bunch of food and stayed  with them all day, no warning , so devastating, and no sleep again last night, married 39 years, two kids and 3 grandchildren, this shit kind of puts football in perspective, doesn't it? when I get my head out of my ass I'll make my final pick

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

guys can't comment on the games because I didn't watch,  got phone call almost mid nite saturday my youngest brother died unexpectedly of heart attack at age 58! there are 4 of us 2 years apart, all brothers and all business partners in heavy construction up until 2019 when we sold all our machinery, so yesterday we bought bunch of food and stayed  with them all day, no warning , so devastating, and no sleep again last night, married 39 years, two kids and 3 grandchildren, this shit kind of puts football in perspective, doesn't it? when I get my head out of my ass I'll make my final pick

I’m very sorry!  I will pray for your family!

4 hours ago, custard pie man said:

As David St. Hubbins would say, too much perspective.

That is heartbreaking news, for sure. Good on you and your brothers for being there and rallying around them. Condolences and sympathies to you all for your loss.

5 hours ago, custard pie man said:

Really sorry to hear. Had two brothers who went the same way and way too young. Both diehard 49er fans. 

3 hours ago, redrum said:

Really sorry to hear. Had two brothers who went the same way and way too young. Both diehard 49er fans. 

Go 49ers! End the TayTrav nonsense. I'm picking San Francisco, Walter.

Edited by Strider

6 hours ago, custard pie man said:

You know it sure does put it in perspective.  What you are going through is far more important and I really feel bad for you and your family.  And those grandchildren for sure.  Hang in there man!  As for the game you didn’t see, it made me sick to my stomach.  One of the top 5 meltdowns of all time they are calling it.  Send the forums prayers, well wishes to your family!

I hope Bongman is ok? I mean, I’m sick over that game the Lions should have won.  And don’t forget they beat KC opening night.   I think they have the most consistent offense in the NFL do the Lions.  They should draft a CB, build D around Hutchinson