April 8. Total Eclipse of the Sun

40 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Very cool....and best of luck to ya!  A co-worker here in Colorado drove down to Texas over the weekend....she's screwed!  Personally, it doesn't really interest me..and I have a degree in geology!  But after chatting with another co-worker that went to Nebraska in 2017 and looking at his video, I'm interested.  There's a total event in Spain in 2026 AND 2027!  I might try that!   

So degree in Geology? So you know the theory of the Chixalub crater and extinction of dinosaurs?  Do you agree with the , is it kt boundary?  65 million years ago?  No fossils ever found above that line?  But some life on other side of Earth must have survived? Perhaps water life especially?  Like a Plesiosaur?  

52 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So degree in Geology? So you know the theory of the Chixalub crater and extinction of dinosaurs?  Do you agree with the , is it kt boundary?  65 million years ago?  No fossils ever found above that line?  But some life on other side of Earth must have survived? Perhaps water life especially?  Like a Plesiosaur?  

Next time your local PBS station airs "NOVA: Ancient Earth"...WATCH IT!   I wish all the global climate alarmists would watch it...it definitely puts time and earth changes into perspective!  You'd love it!

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Next time your local PBS station airs "NOVA: Ancient Earth"...WATCH IT!   I wish all the global climate alarmists would watch it...it definitely puts time and earth changes into perspective!  You'd love it!

Just watched it a few days ago, excellent program!

On 4/8/2024 at 12:15 PM, Stryder1978 said:

I’m still so disgusted with this stinking place that was cloudy for the event and these weathermen that just rely on groundhogs and crickets to predict the weather!  I’m going to troll them forever!  

The eclipse was great.  Did the rural eclipse in 2017 surrounded by cows and corn.  This one was the urban experience, and much more rewarding.  2017 came out of the Northwest.  This one seemed more dramatic because it came up from the Southwest. Lasting a minute longer didn't hurt either.  

Next morning I rolled on to Dayton to see the Nat'l Air Force Museum at Wright/Patterson.  Starts with 17th century balloons and ends with an F-22 Raptor, with everything in between.  Highly recommended and free.

Went to Cincinnati for a couple days after that.  Toured the Great American Ballpark, but never got to see a game due to rain.  Also took in the Underground Railroad Museum, which was much better than I expected.  Left Cinci with my tail a bit between my legs due to tornado warnings. Nothing gets my attention more than Ohio tornado warnings. Good times! R.I.P. Levee. 

20240408_110855.jpg

20240409_104805.jpg

Edited by Bong-Man