most UNDERRATED led Zeppelin song

JimmyPageZoSo56

no, underrated in the sense that nobody cares about it because they were not played on tour, etc.

When the Levee Breaks (played I think only once or twice?) and In the Light would be on the list by that criterion.

It seems some of the previous picks are around the same era,mine are ;South bound saurez,no reason,I like it.Next, The Battle of Evermore;this song has definite qualities to it that draw the listener in to the early ages almost as if you were a part of the song itself,and last;Gallows Pole & Misty mountain Hop, reason being, these songs along with the others seem 'otherworldly',don't try too hard to figure out the explanation,just listen.

I think Ozone Baby is definitely underrated, as is some of the other stuff from Coda.

I agree with you on the fact that Coda has material that wan't given alot of airplay, but I did enjoy hearing "We're Gonna Groove" from Zeppelin's concert on the How The West Was Won 2-dics DVD set, and hope they will do it live again.

It seems some of the previous picks are around the same era,mine are ;South bound saurez,no reason,I like it.Next, The Battle of Evermore;this song has definite qualities to it that draw the listener in to the early ages almost as if you were a part of the song itself,and last;Gallows Pole & Misty mountain Hop, reason being, these songs along with the others seem 'otherworldly',don't try too hard to figure out the explanation,just listen.

I loved hearing The Battle Of Evermore when Robert and Jimmy united together to do the Unplugged concert for the DVD "No Quarter" in 1994. And the woman that did the backup vocals origionally done by Sandy Denny on the studio version was just spectacular!!!!!

The Battle of Evermore;this song has definite qualities to it that draw the listener in to the early ages almost as if you were a part of the song itself...

Well at least nobody could accuse me of underrating Evermore :D

I was going to say "Down By the Seaside" but so many people think its underrated that it is no longer underrated in my mind.

I'd have to say that the entire "Presence" album is underrated

• 2 weeks later...

Going with the definition of "underrated" as being heard on the radio, but nowhere near as much as Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Dancing Days, and others(not incl. Stairway which is on its own level as far as airplay) but deserving to, I'm going with No Quarter . . .

Archived