The Janis Joplin Thread

lzfan715

Arlo was just through here on his "solo reunion" tour. I passed on seeing him but he's always been very entertaining when I've seen him in the past (MerleFest, Furthur Festival).

Not sure if you've checked out his daughter Sara Lee Guthrie but she's quite the chip off the old block.

Sarahlee.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

Arlo was just through here on his "solo reunion" tour. I passed on seeing him but he's always been very entertaining when I've seen him in the past (MerleFest, Furthur Festival).

Not sure if you've checked out his daugher Sara Lee Guthrie but she's quite the chip off the old block.

Sarahlee.jpg

No man, I didn't even remember Arlo had a daughter.....so that makes her Woody's granddaughter....he would have ben proud of her if he had been alive today!!! So the legacy continues........."one day they WILL all learn"......you know what I'm talkin' about man!! :) :) :)

I first got turned onto Sarah due to her gigs with local artist Tift Merritt. Seems Sarah's husband Johnny Irion used to be in a band with Tift's boyfriend Zeke Hutchins called Queen Sarah Saturday. They've done lots of shows in the area together over the years.

anyone listen to "what good can drinkin' do?" yet, janis' first known audio...power personified...

i posted similar feelings sometime ago, just cant get enough of this song and wish others have heard it...from '97 (?) box set, disc one, track one (pretty sure, anyway) it's worth aquiring....imho

anyone listen to "what good can drinkin' do?" yet, janis' first known audio...power personified...

i posted similar feelings sometime ago, just cant get enough of this song and wish others have heard it...from '97 (?) box set, disc one, track one (pretty sure, anyway) it's worth aquiring....imho

FUNtastic!! )

No, I don't thin kI have. Is that on the Pearl Legecy Edition?

It amazes me that so few people seem to be capable of looking this type of information up online via sites like AllMusic.com, Amazon or any of the many other sites that provide tracklists, especially when it's more than obvious that you have the abililty to do so right there at your fingertips.

It amazes me that so few people seem to be capable of looking this type of information up online via sites like AllMusic.com, Amazon or any of the many other sites that provide tracklists, especially when it's more than obvious that you have the abililty to do so right there at your fingertips.

Well J, speaking for myself, it all boils down to laziness. I own the damn thing, all i have to do is go down in the basement and get it...or I could just google it, like you mentioned...sorry. I guess I just assume that since this is the janis thread that most individuals must know what I'm referring to. Especially since it's not a boot or anything...officially released product. You're shaming me into getting up, Jahfin....gggrrrrr..... :angry:B):D

Have fun and good luck!

I don't have a DVD reader on my desktop where I normally do screencaps....and it's XP..so it's easy to screensave....alt/prntscreen paste to paing cntrl/v

but I dont know how to do it with Vista...which is on my lappy with the DVD reader...hmmmm...

I need to find out why the same prompt doesn't work with vista OS....:wacko:

Well, I've only heard a bit of her music. So basically I'm new. I've had many opportunities while cruising blogs to grab the Big Brother and The Holding Co. albums with her, but I wasn't sure if Janis was right for me. But when I sneaked a listen of that song last night, I think I can get into her.