The Janis Joplin Thread

lzfan715

Yes. MSG, I really do remember seeing Zep for the first time in August of 1970. Very Hippe feel to it all. The boys had just spent time communing together recording LZ III. It was a very Groovy Concert ! Mt first time getting high, albeit, second hand smoke.... a LOT of second hand smoke...

That was special time. I remember seeing this chick, down in the floor seating, about 20 rows back....she stood out becuase she had a bid head of blonde hair, and she stood --on the seat of her chair-- rocking and moving and grooving through most of whole concert. I know that the boys must gotten energy for her as well :hippy:

Sad to say, I never got to see Janis in person. But there's always the Monterey Pop Festival footage. B):D

Great story Rover! :hippy:

I never saw Janis live either. She died about a year before I started attending concerts.

Quite rare....thanx for that! :)

You're welcome! :)

And thanks for the picture, I haven seen it before.

No problem, lzfan715. Thank you for the Newsweek scans! The pic I posted might have come from that issue of Newsweek. I don't know, though. :)

I know but no one has posted in it for awhile.

It was usually posted in.

I'm not sure how new you are to message boards or if you're new to them at all but once fans of a certain artist have their say there may not be much more they have to offer. It's not like there's only one post and no one replied at all. Every thread, even ones about Janis Joplin, eventually run their course.

212 posts in this thread !!

I wish mine were as popular !

Here's a great, albeit cheesy, DVD I have that has Janis Joplin....

a7_7.JPG

It's hard to find now....ran 17 episodes only...and was one of only 2 - 45 minutes shows to find a regular slot in TV programming. I used to watch it as a kid every Monday night....I've yet to find someone else who remembers the show...

Date: October 27, 1969

Smith - Baby It's You

Isaac Hayes - Walk on By

The Archies - Sugar Sugar

Janis Joplin - Kozmic Blues

Ten Years After - Bad Scene

Richie Havens - Rocky Raccoon

Archies (Cartoon) - Sugar, Sugar

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire

Michael Cole - Rod McKuen Railroad Poetry

Jerry Lee Lewis - She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye

There are a couple of editions....but this was one of the best episodes...

This link take you to all the episodes and perfromers....RARE stuff....;)

http://crazyabouttv.com/musicscene.html