The Janis Joplin Thread

lzfan715

I just retried it,and it wouldn't let me play the streaming link, and I can't get there either. I'm really sorry. All I know about it is, it's a live recording. There aren't horns in the beginning either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Since we have other band thread, I thought why not start one for her? And what a better than now, since tomorrow (January 19) is her birthday. She'd have been 64. I know I'm not her only fan on here, so now others can talk about her here.

Happy Birthday Janis!

8.jpg

How's it going "lzfan715" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm so glad that I found this thread. There are so many emotions and expressions that I could never put in words to describe JANIS JOPLIN. She was Rock's first true Queen, there would be many other female greats that would claim the crown as Queen of Rock n' Roll but there is only one JANIS! NO ONE CAN EVER REPLACE JANIS! She paved the way and opened the doors for all female performers that came during and after her incredible reign. I'm sure the world feels blessed to have had JANIS JOPLIN in their lives, she was the ultimate and complete performer that pulled all of the stops. When she performed, she gave it all to you and held nothing back. You can almost feel her pain as you listen to her voice bearing her soul before your very eyes by singing powerful songs such as "Piece Of My Heart" and "Ball And Chain." I miss you JANIS, R.I.P. JANIS JOPLIN! ROCK ON!

• 3 months later...
I wish I could find the version Stipe did with the Indigo Girls at an Earth Day concert in D.C. back in the late 80s but alas, not every clip has made it to YouTube.

That would be great to hear! He was on one of their albums, the song title escapes me at the moment and his voice really worked well against theirs.

• 11 years later...