Why PROMOTE Mothership....

nirvana

Oh for christs sake,REUNION GIG!ZEPP WANT PROMOTE GIG,MAKE HYPE FOR TOUR!They want the generation that never saw Zepp to experience it for the first time,as always,Jimmy is the master of psychology,reverse psychology is a great way to sell an album and personally i think they felt like it.

Well no one here has presented a decent, well-informed argument as to why M-Ship is a valid Zep release.

Even Jimmy said (in Japan) when asked why fans should buy it - "No, don't buy it!"

It may be contractual, it may be for a new generation of fans, whatever. What it truly is is a useless piece of plastic packaged for the un-initiated. Hence, promoting M-Ship is a way to soothe the legal suits while keeping the kiddies happy in Japan and other 3rd world countries. Plus, it gives Jimmy extra miles on his airline account.

Give us "real" fans NEW Zeppelin material or take up golf and Friday night Bingo.

Thank God Robert still has that creative Fire burning.

What the fuck are you smoking man?? Japan a 3rd world country!!

And you think we'll take your questions seriously?... :blink:

Well no one here has presented a decent, well-informed argument as to why M-Ship is a valid Zep release.

Even Jimmy said (in Japan) when asked why fans should buy it - "No, don't buy it!"

It may be contractual, it may be for a new generation of fans, whatever. What it truly is is a useless piece of plastic packaged for the un-initiated. Hence, promoting M-Ship is a way to soothe the legal suits while keeping the kiddies happy in Japan and other 3rd world countries. Plus, it gives Jimmy extra miles on his airline account.

Give us "real" fans NEW Zeppelin material or take up golf and Friday night Bingo.

Thank God Robert still has that creative Fire burning.

Sorry,but that's just racist,why should Japanese fans be banned from listening to Led Zeppelin?What makes one of the richest countries in the world a third world country?By your logic,America is a 3rd world country,get back to the nirvana forum jackass!You get an optional DVD with it as well and even though i don't have the goddamn thing i'll fight to the death to defend it!

Sorry,but that's just racist,why should Japanese fans be banned from listening to Led Zeppelin?What makes one of the richest countries in the world a third world country?By your logic,America is a 3rd world country,get back to the nirvana forum jackass!You get an optional DVD with it as well and even though i don't have the goddamn thing i'll fight to the death to defend it!

Sorry,but that's just racist,why should Japanese fans be banned from listening to Led Zeppelin?

Japan banned from listening to Zeppelin!? What! Where do you think Jimmy goes to buy up most of Zeppelin's bootlegs? NOBODY is banning anything from Japan! It didn't take the release of M-Ship to turn on the Zepp fans in Japan believe me! Japan has supported Zepp from day 1 and have had Zepp product from the beginning. No Zep material is banned and I'm certainly not implying here that it should. What I am saying is that Zep fans everywhere don't need another compilation release.

Are you guys here really happy that we have another "best of" set and not new material?

Japan deserves more than a promo tour and Jimmy agrees...why pick on Japan when it comes to redundant Zep releases? Because the record company wants their money - not their devotion.

Oh for christs sake,REUNION GIG!ZEPP WANT PROMOTE GIG,MAKE HYPE FOR TOUR!They want the generation that never saw Zepp to experience it for the first time,as always,Jimmy is the master of psychology,reverse psychology is a great way to sell an album and personally i think they felt like it.

Read the interview with Jimmy at the press conference in Japan. Even Jimmy felt foolish promoting old Zep music to a market that has already contributed to the Zep campaign for 40 years.

The Japanese music buyers are well aware of Zeppelin's music, they didn't need M-Ship for an introduction.

What the fuck are you smoking man?? Japan a 3rd world country!!

And you think we'll take your questions seriously?... :blink:

That's the whole point here - we take everyone's musings on the Board way too seriously!

Everyone gets riled up - over what? Nothing!

Zeppelin is just a group of guys who happen to play instruments, sing, and write good songs.

Just like millions of other mucisians - everywhere!

Don't take my questions seriously - please!! There are bigger , more important things in the world to take seriously - and my silly questions aren't even close to being one of them.

Keep it fun guys and girls...it's not like anything we say here is going to impact Zeppelin in any way, no how - no way.

Okay, we get it. You don't like Mothership. That doesn't really matter, though, because it's gotten Zeppelin new fans, and that, along with the replacing of Early/Latter Days, was the point of it. It's done for LZ what they've wanted it to do. I'm sorry it didn't live up to your standards.

Sorry,but that's just racist,why should Japanese fans be banned from listening to Led Zeppelin?

Japan banned from listening to Zeppelin!? What! Where do you think Jimmy goes to buy up most of Zeppelin's bootlegs? NOBODY is banning anything from Japan! It didn't take the release of M-Ship to turn on the Zepp fans in Japan believe me! Japan has supported Zepp from day 1 and have had Zepp product from the beginning. No Zep material is banned and I'm certainly not implying here that it should. What I am saying is that Zep fans everywhere don't need another compilation release.

Are you guys here really happy that we have another "best of" set and not new material?

Japan deserves more than a promo tour and Jimmy agrees...why pick on Japan when it comes to redundant Zep releases? Because the record company wants their money - not their devotion.

See, you've answered your question yourself.

Contractual obligations.

Thank God Robertstill has tha t creative Fire burning.

My,My,My,what a wonderful statement ! Yes, Robert does still have the creative fire.He also played a big part in the choice of songs,the Art work ,and from what I`ve been informed is he had something to do with the Title "The Mothership".There are a few events here to consider;Oct 15,06 -the StH Lady Showed up at a Rock event she had on a black coat with a red hoody and a tee shirt that said "Peace on Earth" with art of an american Idian Mother holding a baby in her arms as the sun was shining behind them.This Lady was said to be WolfMother as well. There is much more etc. My laptop has gone out on me twice while typing this so I won`t say too much more Other then this.Robert started the Raising sand project 2 weeks after,then after annouceing the release date for Raising sand In the summer--came the announcement :"The song remains the same", "The Mothership" and some time after or near raising sand came out Robert showed the guitar he donated to the princes trust-on the tight but loose website you can see what words accompany it--Robert Plant is no shallow fellow ,his work is still unfolding. Kasmir

There's a boatload of new bootlegs Jimmy was looking for...

so naturally he went to Japan to pick them up ! :)

Doesn't everyone know this ? :huh:

Obviously you didn't.

It's fact. Jimmy has relied on boots from all over the world to compile his work on Zep live stuff that has been released and will be in the future. He doesn't condon them, but does put them to good use.

Japan just happens to be one of his major sources of illegal recordings.

I have photos of Jimmy buying Bootleg DVD's of Zeppelin in a Japanese music store a couple of years ago.

He may have even picked up a few more while he was there "promoting" the useless M-Ship release.

Obviously you didn't.

It's fact. Jimmy has relied on boots from all over the world to compile his work on Zep live stuff that has been released and will be in the future. He doesn't condon them, but does put them to good use.

Japan just happens to be one of his major sources of illegal recordings.

I have photos of Jimmy buying Bootleg DVD's of Zeppelin in a Japanese music store a couple of years ago.

He may have even picked up a few more while he was there "promoting" the useless M-Ship release.

Buying?

I don't think so. :D

PS - Joel - I got the joke. B)

Well first off.....theres no "im a bust a cap" in any zeppelin songs...second off....All there songs brings love and guidance for the ones in the "gallows"......A good poster could be "a new born with headphones on, sitting on a throne and the mothership flying overhead"..........Ehh My Idea.

The Beast must keep on'a roll'n

Thinking about it for a second, did nirvana himself (or herself for all I know) not post some reasoning about a date linked to the 2003 DVD thinking he’d cracked some age-old mystery.

There you go old bean search your own post history for the reason. ;)

Oh and irq82 "Okay, we get it. You don't like Mothership"

From earlier in the thread from the man himself:

"(I did however buy it anyway - 9.99 on sale)" :lol:

This dude must just be on one big wind-up.

Thinking about it for a second, did nirvana himself (or herself for all I know) not post some reasoning about a date linked to the 2003 DVD thinking he’d cracked some age-old mystery.

There you go old bean search your own post history for the reason. ;)

Oh and irq82 "Okay, we get it. You don't like Mothership"

From earlier in the thread from the man himself:

"(I did however buy it anyway - 9.99 on sale)" :lol:

This dude must just be on one big wind-up.

I just got called out by "Zeppity-do-da"...

feels like I got bitch-slapped by Uncle Remus...

Archived