Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I don't respect people just because they're older than I am. I respect people who have earned it. Just because you're older doesn't mean the world should kiss your ass. When I was attending UIC my freshman year, the train route I'd have to take home every night went to O'Hare, so the cars would always be packed with people and their luggage. Now, I made it a point to get up and head to the doors one stop before mine so that people knew I was getting off the train and they could move their bags to clear a path. One afternoon this woman refused to move her bags, even after I asked 4 times very politely for her to move them so I could exit. So when I got to my stop, I kicked them off the train and then threw them back into the car when I was on the platform. She started yelling at me and I flipped her off.

Should I have respected her even though she went out of her way to disrespect me even though I was more than polite to her not once, but four times? Absolutely not. Had she moved them when I asked her to the first time, there would have been no problem.

I don't respect people just because they're older than I am. I respect people who have earned it. Just because you're older doesn't mean the world should kiss your ass. When I was attending UIC my freshman year, the train route I'd have to take home every night went to O'Hare, so the cars would always be packed with people and their luggage. Now, I made it a point to get up and head to the doors one stop before mine so that people knew I was getting off the train and they could move their bags to clear a path. One afternoon this woman refused to move her bags, even after I asked 4 times very politely for her to move them so I could exit. So when I got to my stop, I kicked them off the train and then threw them back into the car when I was on the platform. She started yelling at me and I flipped her off.

Should I have respected her even though she went out of her way to disrespect me even though I was more than polite to her not once, but four times? Absolutely not. Had she moved them when I asked her to the first time, there would have been no problem.

You sound very passive/aggressive. No thanks.

You sound very passive/aggressive. No thanks.

No, not quite. I treat people the way they treat me. You go out of your way to be a bitch to me, I'll give it right back. You're nice to me, I'm nice to you.

I never had any problem with people on the train until that one day. I would get up, they'd see that I was going to exit the train, they'd move their bags. I wouldn't even need to ask, really. She apparently thought that because she had expensive luggage, I was supposed to do the long jump over them to get off the train.

No I don't. Please help me try to understand what happened in my past to make me say such things.

Exactly how is it Electrophiles job to help you get well?

Get a shrink.

Thats real brave. Calling somebody a name on a chat board. Grow up.

Your the one acting big because you cannot hold a door open for a girl, and THEN COME TO BRAG ABOUT IT.

You have a brain in your ass, get a grip. Nobody respects rude people.

Brag on fool..do something that gets respect. Just do it elsewhere.

You lost it here.

Your the one acting big because you cannot hold a door open for a girl, and THE COME TO BRAG ABOUT IT.

Try using the word women. Girl is an insult. Talk about rude, you barged your way into this discussion, nobody invited you.

Your the one acting big because you cannot hold a door open for a girl, and THEN COME TO BRAG ABOUT IT.

Brag on fool..do something that gets respect. Just do it elsewhere.

You lost it here.

Go post more photos of exploited women on the beautiful women thread.

Try using the word women. Girl is an insult. Talk about rude, you barged your way into this discussion, nobody invited you.

What makes you think I need your invitation to tell you your an asshole.

Asshole.

If your nice to girls or women, then PERHAPS you will get some respect. Just dont count on it from me.

What makes you think I need your invitation to tell you your an asshole.

Asshole.

If your nice to girls or women, then PERHAPS you will get some respect. Just dont count on it from me.

What a weenie!! I think you should stop listening to the Osmond Brothers. Tell you what, you go be nice to girls and women and tell me what it gets you. And BTW, the word is you're.

What a weenie!! I think you should stop listening to the Osmond Brothers. Tell you what, you go be nice to girls and women and tell me what it gets you. And BTW, the word is you're.

228_violin.gif

Go pull it, that's ALL YOU WILL GET.

A pet peeve of mine that has never happened while i was talking to a girlfriend: being hung up on during a phone conversation. Am i that offensive?

You better not be starting on me. I am not Spats, I wont go with it.

Learn it.

Oh I would never take him for granted.

Me neither. It just gives me more motivation to spoil him when it's his turn. :D

In other words: he takes great care of me; I take great care of him.

I think this has already been posted but todays peeve:

People who SLAM on their brakes and THEN but their blinker on...or don't even USE blinkers! Blinkers are good things...they announe your intentions to your fellow drivers....keeps your ass outta trouble and is courteous at the same time.

All Hail Blinkers!! :D

I hate that crap!

I am usually far enough behind the person in front of me that it's not a big issue, but it still sucks because you have to put your car through extra "brake slamming" that's unnecessary.

Archived