Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I say straight out: you are wrong. They shall play again. Are you kidding? They will tour. Jimmy will make sure of it.

Yeah right. Keep drinking that 90 proof, maybe Ringo Starr will be the drummer for this "tour" if you polish off the bottle.

You seem to have a hard time understanding many of the posts I've seen here on this subject.

Quite the opposite. I understand that Plant has a commitment at present to tour with Alison Krauss and isn't holding up anything. There are no plans for a Led Zeppelin album or tour. I "get" it, do you?

OK. Ill say this. I love country rock. But not straight up country. The old stuff like Cash was good, but the new stuff like Grethen Wilson and all that other shit sucks. So maybe I was too general. Hell, who doesnt like "Like a Rhinestone Cowboy"?

Can't say I ever cared much for Rhinestone Cowboy but I like some of Glen Campbell's work, particularly his covers of Jimmy Webb songs (Wichita Lineman, Galveston). As for current commercial country I don't care for very much of it at all but there's more to current country music than what's on the radio or CMT. Dig a little deeper and you'll find stuff like the Gourds, the Old 97s, Whiskeytown, Steve Earle, the Backsliders, $2 Pistols, Tift Merritt, Cheri Knight, Ryan Adams and lots and lots of other artists that don't stand a chance on commercial country radio. Thankfully there are outlets like satellite and internet radio that play them though.

By virtue of his present commitment, presently any Led Zeppelin activity is on hold. Yes I "get" it. And as far as the past, he has also held up possible Led Zeppelin activity many times, not only by at the then present committments he may have had, but just because he didn't want to.

Who was it out parking the car? Was that where he wanted to be? Now, who said that?

I forget, please refresh me.

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about the present. I could give a shit who held up any Led Zeppelin activity since their demise. As far as I'm concerned Led Zeppelin ceased to exist when the surviving members of the band issued a press release on December 4, 1980 saying they would not continue without John Bonham. Anything they've done since then is just icing on the cake. They don't owe me or anyone else any type of "reunion". Not to mention, how can they even be "Led Zeppelin" without John Bonham? The fact of the matter is, they can't nor will they ever be. They performed one final gig at the 02 out of respect for Ahmet. If that's it, it's fine with me. They don't owe me or anyone else anything.

I dont think its quite fair to refer to Led Zeppelin to having a "demise" as compared to bands that couldnt get along or simply faded away.

When did I ever compare Led Zeppelin to other bands or how they ended? I didn't. Zeppelin's demise came about because of John Bonham's untimely death. If you get anything else out of what I said it's because you're reading things into my comments that I never said.

No I will not accept it. Not when you are the greatest band of all time and your mortal time on this earth is so limited. I wont accept it! You can. I wont!! I want Led Zeppelin. Who the hell is Allison Krauss? I hate country. Have enough of them around me to push the shit down my throat. Hate it. It sucks.

So because you hate country, Robert has to give up his own plan and tour with Jimmy? :unsure:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Robert is an artist, not a jukebox. If you don't like what he's doing, don't listen to it. However, no one is in the position to determine what Robert will or should do but Robert himself.

Quite the opposite. I understand that Plant has a commitment at present to tour with Alison Krauss and isn't holding up anything. There are no plans for a Led Zeppelin album or tour. I "get" it, do you?

Dork. That stuff was invented for men, not women. Lot's o' ladies show up. Get it? I didn't think so. Nevermind.

But who cares if more women show up? Guys don't go to baseball games to meet women. They go to watch baseball. The guys that go to the games all the time should be getting these deals. Guys are getting screwed with this deal.

I know, right? What the hell, spats?

I thought people were sick of hearing about my women troubles??? :blink::blink:

Thanks for sending that message by the way. I appreciate it. I didn't go out to meet women this past weekend after what happened the other weekend. I needed a break. I went to see "Wanted" with some buddies and also went to harbourfront centre for some food and free music. It was a nice weekend away from the dating scene.

But who cares if more women show up? Guys don't go to baseball games to meet women. They go to watch baseball. The guys that go to the games all the time should be getting these deals. Guys are getting screwed with this deal.

I go to baseball games to meet chicks. So many great lines that you can get away with at a ball game that you can't in other situations.

Take for example the bag of peanuts: there are at least a half dozen good lines that go along with the whole "Nut sack" thing. "Hey babe, you want something good and salty from my nut sack?"

And of course the whole hot dog thing...

Who doesn't like to watch a chick bite the end off a big grill dog and get mustard all over her face?

Yep, baseball games are all about picking up women.

He's got to come here sooner or later for his dose of Bonnie (reality) LOL! GOD, I want to meet this guy!! Ahahaa! Just luv him!!

Thanks Medhb :D:D:D

I wish women in my everyday life had the same attitude. <_<

I go to baseball games to meet chicks. So many great lines that you can get away with at a ball game that you can't in other situations.

Take for example the bag of peanuts: there are at least a half dozen good lines that go along with the whole "Nut sack" thing. "Hey babe, you want something good and salty from my nut sack?"

Who doesn't like to watch a chick bite the end off a big grill dog and get mustard all over her face?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

when the hotel you've had booked since last fourth of july calls to tell you a week before that your room is not available because they've decided to do some construction.....In Pismo Beach,CA where all the hotels are booked solid for the 4th by mid feb and the only good ones still available are 400 dollars a night.PMB_CRST-poolo-1.jpg

arrrghhhhh, Now we have to stay at the edgewater(kinda funny though huh), unfortunately it just sucks in camparison to our other spot. No beautiful grassy lawn with pools and spa's.

man I am peeved.

You really go there to meet women? I look at them there if they are hot. But i would never go up to a woman at a baseball game. And having them there does not make the event any better than it already is. Most are there just to watch the game. No? Either way it's still unfair that they get these deals and the men don't. It's ridiculous.

My latest pet peeve...

I buy a metro pass when i take the subway and am not using my car. It's supposed to save you money. Well i cannot count how many times i have passed through the turnstyle and the ttc attendant does not even look that you have it!!!! :o I could have shown my birth certificate and they would not have known it!! At least pay attention so i feel that i have spent my money wisely. :angry:

Another pet peeve is the women coming up or down the stairs directly in my path who expect me to move aside for them. Get over yourself. You are not better than me.

So if a man is directly in your path when you're on the stairs and he expects you to move, do you think he thinks he's better than you? Will you then post boring tirades on this site about how men think they should be bowed down to and put on pedestals? We'll be waiting.

Get off this shit already, it's boring. Those women don't think they're better than you because they're women. It's just common courtesy to move. I would do it for another woman, another man, a kid, a seeing-eye pet.....whatever. I just move over. I don't get all huffy and indignant like someone we all know here.

Why don't YOU get over YOURSELF for a change.

when the hotel you've had booked since last fourth of july calls to tell you a week before that your room is not available because they've decided to do some construction.....In Pismo Beach,CA where all the hotels are booked solid for the 4th by mid feb and the only good ones still available are 400 dollars a night.PMB_CRST-poolo-1.jpg

arrrghhhhh, Now we have to stay at the edgewater(kinda funny though huh), unfortunately it just sucks in camparison to our other spot. No beautiful grassy lawn with pools and spa's.

man I am peeved.

That would REALLY piss me off--not just peeve me.

Did they do anything to make it up to you? That's completely ridiclous. They should be doing a TON of ass kissing to inconvience you that much.

So if a man is directly in your path when you're on the stairs and he expects you to move, do you think he thinks he's better than you? Will you then post boring tirades on this site about how men think they should be bowed down to and put on pedestals? We'll be waiting.

Get off this shit already, it's boring. Those women don't think they're better than you because they're women. It's just common courtesy to move. I would do it for another woman, another man, a kid, a seeing-eye pet.....whatever. I just move over. I don't get all huffy and indignant like someone we all know here.

Why don't YOU get over YOURSELF for a change.

Whenever it happens to me and i end up coming face to face with someone on the steps it's usually a woman. I guess because they expect the guy to be a "gentlemen" and move first. One woman actually said sarcastically "what a gentlemen you are" when i wasn't the one to move first.

Another pet peeve is when people get pissed at other people's pet peeves. Just accept what their pet peeve is.

man I am peeved.

:( Aren't hotels supposed to find you something else comparable if your room is unavailable, or is that only if it happens when you get there?

Archived