O23D ?

Has anyone heard of the new to be released (well at least new here in europe) U2 live film

U23D that was filmed fully in 3D on their 2006 tour and suppoesedly gives the feel like one really was onstage with the band?

just wondering what cameras those guys were actually using onstage at the O2 concert.

could it be that, since LZ are turning more towards new technologies these days, that...?

have any of you seen a recent 3D production ?

THAT could be a difference from youtube i guess!

just wondering what cameras those guys were actually using onstage at the O2 concert.

could it be that, since LZ are turning more towards new technologies these days, that...?

There were 18 HD cameras for the O2.

3D? Unlikely I would say - it would need to be a theatrical release yes?

If they use the visuals from the video screen properly, which I don't think U2 did enough of with their U23D...then YES, I would love to see a Zeppelin O23D! If it's just a 3D concert film like U2 did, then I'd rather they just make it a standard release.

Think laser show meets 3D movie. That's what I want.

There were 18 HD cameras for the O2.

3D? Unlikely I would say - it would need to be a theatrical release yes?

didn´t they screen the new TSRTS version in a few selected theaters, too?

i mean IF they had done it in 3D, they could give us different versions to view, stereoscopic for 3D eqipped cinemas and flat ones for DVD release, perhaps even shot from different angels.

anyway, just speculation, if those were "only" high defininion cameras in 'flat' mode, i´ll love to see & hear that, too.

what i dont get is why people think that just because it was filmed, Zeppelin would release it?

Dont forget how ever many shows were filmed back in the day, and how many ever made it to dvd?

Not that i dont want it to come out on dvd, i do, i was there, it would be awesome, but still, theres a very big chance it was filmed for themselves...

what i dont get is why people think that just because it was filmed, Zeppelin would release it?

Dont forget how ever many shows were filmed back in the day, and how many ever made it to dvd?

Not that i dont want it to come out on dvd, i do, i was there, it would be awesome, but still, theres a very big chance it was filmed for themselves...

the difference is that 20 million wanted to see this show, you think zep are anticapitalist enough of NOT releasing it, if they decide the perfomance was good enough and the footage was nice as well? c´mon. 18 cameras for the 'most expensive home movie ever made' or what ?

plus, what better a thing to offer to fans than an O2 DVD when they decide NOT to play more concerts? or for that case, release the DVD to support a future tour ?

i know i´m a bit off topic on my own thread (typical newbie behaviour i guess),

but just discovered the 'big kahuna' thread where it says that 12 HDSR cameras were used plus 3 more traditional film cameras. this still sounds like a lot to me.

too bad they didn´t shoot it in 3D... or did they?

02 -- in -- 3D

I just logged in for this specific thread because it raises such a thrill in my mind.

I've been a huge fan of all the latest technology in 3D film and have seen every release that comes through the cinema's in my city. They're beyond amazing at times .

So, just for some fantasy .

I thought of the 02-3D long before the concert was performed .

Being at the show personally in the front row was spectacular and I couldn't help myself from imagining the possibilities afterward of a 3D presentation.

Truely , the ultimate cinematic experience .

Anyway , it's nice to dream .

On a note :

The Rolling Stones did some 3D concert filming back in the late 80's and it was pretty cool.

The new U2 is awesome and I believe sets the bar for the future of music/film .

Led Zeppelin DVD -- Dec. 10 / 2007 in any form will be a gift to us all , but to take it to the next level in full out 5.1 and 3D is just insane .

I envision millions of astonished fans in theatres world-wide with their tongues on the floor.

lol

It's nice to believe in miracles too .

Peace

The Rolling Stones did some 3D concert filming back in the late 80's and it was pretty cool.

The new U2 is awesome and I believe sets the bar for the future of music/film .

I'm not disagreeing but are you sure you're not mixing things up here?

The Rolling Stones touring in the late 1980's and early 1990's, and released a concert film selected from various shows called 'Stones at the Max', specifically filmed to be shown on IMAX screens, but as far as I'm aware, filming a concert for IMAX screens in 3D is a recent development.

I've not seen the U2 film yet, but will do next month, so I'll try and remember to file a report here.

By all accounts it's pretty spectacular.

For what it's worth I think it's extremely unlikely the O2 show was filmed in 3D. I think Zep would be looking towards a DVD release if it ever does see the light of day officially, I'm sure widescreen hi-def would be good enough for most of us!

Archived