Could Led Zeppelin be part of half time show in

robertkincaid96

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that has ever played the "super (turd) bowl". What a total sell-out! And the suckiest "sport" ever created..."Me Tarzan, Me run over you with brute force..." what a macho piece of crap "sport"...imho

i usually don't like the half time show, not even Aerosmith, but this year i liked Petty, he was actually good. i don't think Zep would do it, they are too loose, (a bit of a jam band), to play in a small stuctured 10 min spot. no matter how big the stage... as far as the game of football goes, it's much more complex then "me run over you". i guess you don't like rugby either!!! there are other less violent sports, like ball room dancing, but that can be vicious.

i usually don't like the half time show, not even Aerosmith, but this year i liked Petty, he was actually good. i don't think Zep would do it, they are too loose, (a bit of a jam band), to play in a small stuctured 10 min spot. no matter how big the stage... as far as the game of football goes, it's much more complex then "me run over you". i guess you don't like rugby either!!! there are other less violent sports, like ball room dancing, but that can be vicious.

yeah, I think he forgot the "me tape you" then the "me run over you" part. and who can forget the "stand around and scratch my ass during the timeouts that last longer than the actual play" part?

Zep would never be invited to play the StuporBowl because the NFL knows they'd overshadow the actual game. besides, the NFL doesn't have time for 40 minutes of encores when they have two hours of timeouts to get through :P

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta love the reference " Lead Zep " :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could Led Zeppelin be part of half time show in Super Bowl 2009 as reunion tour gears up?

February 13, 2008

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Interested in writing for us? Click here. Also join us at for contests and further news. Thanks for visiting!

Could Led Zeppelin be part of half time show in Super Bowl 2009 as reunion tour gears up?

A guy predicted this. It would not surprise me if Led Zep would accept an offer like this. Superbowl does have one of the largest events throughout the US.

We can only hope there will be several "wardrobe malfunctions!" :rolleyes:

P.S. They won't do the Bowl.

Gotta love the reference " Lead Zep " :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 13, 2008

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Interested in writing for us? Click here. Also join us at for contests and further news. Thanks for visiting!

A guy predicted this. It would not surprise me if Led Zep would accept an offer like this. Superbowl does have one of the largest events throughout the US.

He wrote:

Writing the headline for yesterday’s Bonnaroo lineup announcement, I got to thinking. Hmmm… Robert Plant, no Led Zeppelin… yet.

No, despite all the rumors that went around after the band (singer, Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones, and original drummer John Bonham’s son Jason) played a single reunion show in London, they will not follow in the footsteps of the also recently reunited Police and play a 700-acre field in Manchester, Tennessee.

But maybe, they WILL play a field next year.

In September, lead Zep Robert Plant told Brit music pub Uncut (rehashed domestically by MTV) that the band wouldn’t tour. But last month Page insinuated otherwise to Reuters. Admitting that Plant’s priority right now is touring with album co-star Alison Krauss (with whom he’ll appear at ‘Roo), Page seems to think there’s still a chance at taking the act back on the road.

So let’s say they tour late in the year. They could go out with a biggest possible bang by playing, what else, the Super Bowl half-time show! Germain claims this occurred to him on Sunday (yeah, sure!) and another newsroom peanut gallery member claims “now THAT would make me watch the Super Bowl.”

Link

They would never play on television for a Super Bowl. They have always been against playing for a TV audience because of the sound difference. I can't see why they would change their mind now. That's just not a possibility. That's why they never did "The Midnight Special" programme back in the 70's. They never felt that their sound projected well to the audience at home thought the tube.

Robert Plant is a big FOOTBALL fan. REAL football that is. He wouldn't be interested in gridiron.

Now, the European Champions League Final or World Cup final would be another matter. And both are FAR bigger than the Super Bowl.

Archived