Simply Amazing

Levee

March 1975 - All six Led Zeppelin albums appear on the Billboard Top 200 charts

I forgot about that! Late March '75 was the last time that I saw Zep live. The reasons why don't need to be explained here but whenever the 27th of March rolls around, I think of those concerts and feel a bit wistful.

And they played some awesome shows in March of '75 too. San Diego, Vancouver, Seattle, and the 3 shows at the LA Forum. Great shows, and bootlegs!

The three forum shows are the ones I attended. While not my favorite shows (personally, I prefer the earlier concerts I attended), musically, the band was incredible. :D

The three forum shows are the ones I attended. While not my favorite shows (personally, I prefer the earlier concerts I attended), musically, the band was incredible. :D

Too weird! I've literaly just this minute finished burning all three of those LA 1975 shows to disk :)

Listening party later tonight...

And they played some awesome shows in March of '75 too. San Diego, Vancouver, Seattle, and the 3 shows at the LA Forum. Great shows, and bootlegs!

Yeah, if I had been at one of those shows I'd have bought all of Zep's catalogue that month too.

I forgot about that! Late March '75 was the last time that I saw Zep live. The reasons why don't need to be explained here but whenever the 27th of March rolls around, I think of those concerts and feel a bit wistful.

My "March" dates will always be March 3rd, 4th, & 5th, with March 4th being extra-special.

As far as the 6 albums on the Billboard Charts all at the same time -- What other Big Fuckers have achieved that ? ? I can't think of anyone...

My "March" dates will always be March 3rd, 4th, & 5th, with March 4th being extra-special.

As far as the 6 albums on the Billboard Charts all at the same time -- What othe Big Fuckers have achieved that ? ? I can't think of anyone...

:thumbsup: Zep on consecutive nights and in multiple years! Few better ways to spend one's youth! :)

I think I remember reading somewhere about your "extra-special" March 4th night. B)

As far as the 6 albums on the Billboard Charts all at the same time -- What othe Big Fuckers have achieved that ? ? I can't think of anyone..

No one. IMO, there was no one that came close to Zep during their hell-raising glory days. :D

I listened to St. Louis Blues St. Louis, MO, 2-16-75. In honor of 75, with Robert introducing a new song called IMTOD. Awesome.

Matt you sig is killing me. :beer:

The LA '75 shows were awesome! Pity Robert was still recovering from his throat surgery (those polyps are a bitch), and was a bit croaky. But the band was truly firing like a machine. One can only imagine Robert's later, recovered voice and Page more on his game in '77! It's a damn shame the post '73 band had one or another member not in top form. The so-called "dinosaurs" would have devoured mere mortals! I'm not saying they didn't dominate, but they weren't firing on all cylinders, which is a true testament to the band. They could be wounded and still whip all takers. :beer:

The LA '75 shows were awesome! Pity Robert was still recovering from his throat surgery (those polyps are a bitch), and was a bit croaky. But the band was truly firing like a machine. One can only imagine Robert's later, recovered voice and Page more on his game in '77! It's a damn shame the post '73 band had one or another member not in top form. The so-called "dinosaurs" would have devoured mere mortals! I'm not saying they didn't dominate, but they weren't firing on all cylinders, which is a true testament to the band. They could be wounded and still whip all takers. :beer:

I would say, imo, of corse, that I witnessed Zeppelin "firing on all cylinders" in 1970, 1975, and 1977.

I witnessed Zeppelin NOT firing on all cylinders in 1971 and 1973.

BUT IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHICH SHOW(S) YOU SAW ! ! ! ! B):D

I would say, imo, of corse, that I witnessed Zeppelin "firing on all cylinders" in 1970, 1975, and 1977.

I witnessed Zeppelin NOT firing on all cylinders in 1971 and 1973.

BUT IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHICH SHOW(S) YOU SAW ! ! ! ! B):D

Amen. Those ’75 Forum shows were indeed awesome. Even on those nights when an individual band member wasn’t “firing on all cylinders”, in their prime, the four members together were so dynamic and so powerful (and seemingly invincible) that the band, as you state it, “whipped all takers.” (Although, I'll be frank here, personally "whip" is not a verb that I would use in the same sentence as Led Zeppelin :shifty: ) And, yes, when it comes to Zep concerts I will be the first to admit to being one of those people who believed (and still does) that the fifth element, magick, was always present.

Rover, yes, it depends on which shows you saw....with the emphasis on saw. B):D

:thumbsup: Zep on consecutive nights and in multiple years! Few better ways to spend one's youth! :)

I think I remember reading somewhere about your "extra-special" March 4th night. B)

No one. IMO, there was no one that came close to Zep during their hell-raising glory days. :D

If I remember corectly, Led-Zeppelin has 6 no#1 Billboard albums. and that's the most by any band or artist (of coarse Elvis had over 100 no#1 songs)

believe it or not. the one album that didnt reach no#1 besides Zeppelin#1 was Led-Zeppelin #4.....

Amen. Those ’75 Forum shows were indeed awesome. Even on those nights when an individual band member wasn’t “firing on all cylinders”, in their prime, the four members together were so dynamic and so powerful (and seemingly invincible) that the band, as you state it, “whipped all takers.” (Although, I'll be frank here, personally "whip" is not a verb that I would use in the same sentence as Led Zeppelin :shifty: ) And, yes, when it comes to Zep concerts I will be the first to admit to being one of those people who believed (and still does) that the fifth element, magick, was always present.

Rover, yes, it depends on which shows you saw....with the emphasis on saw. B):D

So MSG, would you use "spanking" in the same sentence as LZ ? :)

So MSG, would you use "spanking" in the same sentence as LZ ? :)

Heh. Funny. Nope, I would reword the sentence like this:

Even on those nights when an individual band member wasn’t “firing on all cylinders”, in their prime, the four members together were so dynamic and so powerful (and seemingly invincible) that the band was bound to be better than anyone else. :D

:shifty:

Even on those nights when an individual band member wasn’t “firing on all cylinders”, in their prime, the four members together were so dynamic and so powerful (and seemingly invincible) that the band was bound to be better than anyone else. :D

I wouldn't doubt those were unlimited boundaries as well.

The sky is the limit. :D

The Starship that is

Well, I guess I could say that I didn't see that coming ---

But, it suppose, it was bound to happen ! ! :D

Archived