What's Everyone Listening To?

Jahfin

I've only given the Tommy Stinson one listen so far but my first impression is a very good one, especially the co-write with Paul Westerberg on "Match Made In Hell".

I'm only 3-4 songs into the new live one from Guy Clark but so far, so good. Kinda hard to go wrong with Guy Clark anyway and he's keeping some pretty damn fine company here (Verlon Thompson-vocals/guitar/Storyteller, Shawn Camp- vocals/guitar/mandolin, Bryn Davies-upright bass and Kenny Malone-percussion).

51X7iJpQHaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41GXSvxia9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

512xAT%2BxQkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then Strider said: "The new Wilco "The Whole Love" limited edition deluxe package. I like to spend a few days with a record before committing my thoughts to paper, so I'll post my feelings on the Wilco thread another time."

I'm listening to this as well. I've never really paid much attention to Wilco (other than AM long ago) but now I am. This album stands on its' own merits I think. I really like it a lot.

Then Strider said: "The new Wilco "The Whole Love" limited edition deluxe package. I like to spend a few days with a record before committing my thoughts to paper, so I'll post my feelings on the Wilco thread another time."

I'm listening to this as well. I've never really paid much attention to Wilco (other than AM long ago) but now I am. This album stands on its' own merits I think. I really like it a lot.

It's definitely a top 10 best of 2011 contender for me but it's got lots of stiff competition in that department. Speaking of which, I gave a few more favorites from 2011 (so far) a spin today:

51ToraiNbEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61uyh9zUNeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

518EE8YePwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg512VuT9AHBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

4152MMPKGRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Compilation from the band that helped pave the way for the likes of Let's Active, the dB's, Fetchin' Bones, the Spongetones and many others in North Carolina that just so happens to also count legendary producer Don Dixon (R.E.M., the Smithereens, Hootie and the Blowfish, the Connells, etc.) among it's members.

Grateful Dead at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, NC, 7.10.90. courtesy of archive.org. This concert is memorable for a number of reasons, one of which is how they started up "Promised Land" exactly where they left off when the power went out following a thunderstorm. The other would be how hundreds of Deadheads stormed the hill at the stadium once the rain had let up.

Jack Straw

Loser

We Can Run

Me & My Uncle

Big River

Friend of the Devil

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Bird Song

Promised Land

Iko Iko

Playin' in the Band

Drums