What's Everyone Listening To?

Jahfin

^^That's one of my favorite songs of theirs, Virginia. It's right up there with Love So Right and Too Much Heaven. Now, on to what I'm listening to:

Thank goodness for this person uploading a video of them spinning the 45, because all of the other videos on YouTube are of the shitty censored version, which ruins the flow of the song.

519QBtuSefL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Been checking out the first disc of this which is comprised of a bunch of different sessions Hendrix played on. That includes everybody from the Isley Brothers to Little Richard. It makes for a very nice mix and goes to show just how versatile Hendrix was.

Thank you Mr. Jahfin I had never heard of Mike Cross until this post, I listened to some of his songs on Grooveshark and I liked why I heard. His music is warm with a gentle guitar and soft vocals. Some songs were comedic, although I believe the album whose cover you posted here is discontinued, at least I couldn't find it on amazon so I'm buying another of his releases.

(I had a question, who is the guitar player on your avater? thank you)

135958.jpg

Thank you Mr. Jahfin I had never heard of Mike Cross until this post, I listened to some of his songs on Grooveshark and I liked why I heard. His music is warm with a gentle guitar and soft vocals. Some songs were comedic, although I believe the album whose cover you posted here is discontinued, at least I couldn't find it on amazon so I'm buying another of his releases.

Born In the Country is available for sale through Mike Cross' website. The artwork I posted is from the original vinyl edition of the same album. He first came to my attention in the late 70s via his album The Bounty Hunter which received extensive airplay on WQDR, a flagship station for programmer Lee Abrams (now with XM/Sirius) who pioneered the AOR (Album Oriented Rock) format. The station went country in 1984. Several of Mike Cross' early albums feature Don Dixon (who co-produced R.E.M.'s Murmur and Reckoning albums with Mitch Easter) and various members of the band he was in at the time, Arrogance.

(I had a question, who is the guitar player on your avater? thank you)

Johnny Cash. The photo is by the late Jim Marshall.

Archived