12 - Green Pastures 3:39

13 - Down In The River To Pray 4:16

14 - Nothing 6:05

15 - Killing The Blues (4:31)

16 - When The Levee Breaks (6:04)

17 - The Battle of Evermore (6:21)

18 - Please Read The Letter (6:03)

19 - Gone Gone Gone (3:26)"

I drove to New Orleans to see the Jazz Fest show and arrived at the NoLa Fairgrounds at Gentilly Road just in time for the show! It was hot and humid before the rain came, and the walk to the stage was a long road. When I got to the Acura Stage at the very rear of the entry way, I was amazed at how many people were crammed onto that field. Over 50,000 people at the Acura Stage alone! From where I entered the Acura Stage, (There were like 12 stages with bands) Robert and Alison were tiny images on the stageside video screens, so I had to move forward!

As I inched forward, and to my utter delight, Robert, Alison, Burnett and Co. went into this most wikked version of Black Dog I have ever heard. The bass line and guitar sounded almost like Dope Hat from Marilyn Manson played very slow and spooky, as I like to play my music.. It was fukking killer! Like Hellbilly Folk Goth...:) I was slinking forward to that song! My absolute favorite of the show... But, it took me most of the show to inch toward the stage and it was crammed like... reeely bad.

There were lots of wheelchairs which I always yield to, baby strollers ( themm too) and packs of people together in chairs, on the lawn and it was virtually impossible. There was a steady pack of people coming out and going in all at once. But I did get to the front of the side stage near then end of the show and was up close for another Bring the House down performance of When The Levee Breaks (I just love when Robert muses to the crowd before he does a song, his Eulogy about NoLa and the levy brought me almost to tears over the poor poor City of New Orleans, which I love dearly).

As for Battle of Evermore, Alison sings it far closer to the original version than that Indian girl from the unledded tour (Najma?) and performed just as well as Sandy Denny on any given day. Alison has a voice like an angel, and as a female vocalist, I am envious to say the least. She is a cute little thing too, skinnier than the photos I have seen and she is quite pale, which is kewl :) Robert looked really good, manly in a sort of celtic pirately sort of way and thin as well. The photos I have seen of the show seem to get him grimmacing like the front page of the Nola paper on April 26. The photogs shoot him while he is belting the led out, but when he spoke and moved onstage, he did so with the agility and libido of a man far younger than his years. He was kind of strutting around and swaggering his tail, like the old Robert Plant of the LZ days, which I have only had the opportunity of witnessing by video :(... But, he looked good in NoLa ladies! No doubt. He was not moving like he did in the Robert solo years with more grace, choreography and ritual hand movements. He was moving like the old "Rockstar Robert " all the young girls fell in love with so long ago...

It seems to me like HE is baaaack! I can tell he wants to be the LZ front man again and he is ReaddYY!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I encourage anyone to go see the show since I am a dark rokker chik and I loved it... there are a few "refreshments moments" when Robert leaves the stage though.*

Well, that my .75 cents worth (with inflation)....

Mistress Tyre

• 4 weeks later...

^ Very nice review and love the Goth Folk :D

I'm very happy that Mr. Plant and Lady A are traveling around the deep south crossroads and it cracks me up that I ranted about how he over looks Memphis and sure enough there's a Memphis show in June...after I got my tickets for Nashville haha I wonder if he'll slip in an Elvis tune.

"1 - Rich Woman 5:30

2 - Leave My Woman Alone 5:02

3 - Black Dog 6:08

4 - Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us 4:01

5 - Through The Morning, Through The Night 4:07

6 - Fortune Teller 4:46

7 - Black Country Woman 5:12

8 - 29 Palms 6:01

9 - Waiting For A Long Time 3:25

10 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler 6:02

11 - Trampled Rose 6:21

12 - Green Pastures 3:39

13 - Down In The River To Pray 4:16

14 - Nothing 6:05

15 - Killing The Blues (4:31)

16 - When The Levee Breaks (6:04)

17 - The Battle of Evermore (6:21)

18 - Please Read The Letter (6:03)

19 - Gone Gone Gone (3:26)"

I drove to New Orleans to see the Jazz Fest show and arrived at the NoLa Fairgrounds at Gentilly Road just in time for the show! It was hot and humid before the rain came, and the walk to the stage was a long road. When I got to the Acura Stage at the very rear of the entry way, I was amazed at how many people were crammed onto that field. Over 50,000 people at the Acura Stage alone! From where I entered the Acura Stage, (There were like 12 stages with bands) Robert and Alison were tiny images on the stageside video screens, so I had to move forward!

As I inched forward, and to my utter delight, Robert, Alison, Burnett and Co. went into this most wikked version of Black Dog I have ever heard. The bass line and guitar sounded almost like Dope Hat from Marilyn Manson played very slow and spooky, as I like to play my music.. It was fukking killer! Like Hellbilly Folk Goth...:) I was slinking forward to that song! My absolute favorite of the show... But, it took me most of the show to inch toward the stage and it was crammed like... reeely bad.

There were lots of wheelchairs which I always yield to, baby strollers ( themm too) and packs of people together in chairs, on the lawn and it was virtually impossible. There was a steady pack of people coming out and going in all at once. But I did get to the front of the side stage near then end of the show and was up close for another Bring the House down performance of When The Levee Breaks (I just love when Robert muses to the crowd before he does a song, his Eulogy about NoLa and the levy brought me almost to tears over the poor poor City of New Orleans, which I love dearly).

As for Battle of Evermore, Alison sings it far closer to the original version than that Indian girl from the unledded tour (Najma?) and performed just as well as Sandy Denny on any given day. Alison has a voice like an angel, and as a female vocalist, I am envious to say the least. She is a cute little thing too, skinnier than the photos I have seen and she is quite pale, which is kewl :) Robert looked really good, manly in a sort of celtic pirately sort of way and thin as well. The photos I have seen of the show seem to get him grimmacing like the front page of the Nola paper on April 26. The photogs shoot him while he is belting the led out, but when he spoke and moved onstage, he did so with the agility and libido of a man far younger than his years. He was kind of strutting around and swaggering his tail, like the old Robert Plant of the LZ days, which I have only had the opportunity of witnessing by video :(... But, he looked good in NoLa ladies! No doubt. He was not moving like he did in the Robert solo years with more grace, choreography and ritual hand movements. He was moving like the old "Rockstar Robert " all the young girls fell in love with so long ago...

It seems to me like HE is baaaack! I can tell he wants to be the LZ front man again and he is ReaddYY!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I encourage anyone to go see the show since I am a dark rokker chik and I loved it... there are a few "refreshments moments" when Robert leaves the stage though.*

Well, that my .75 cents worth (with inflation)....

Mistress Tyre

Hey-Up,

MistressTyreah, Glad that you loved the show. Me too (with the help of my friend Whyalla, as I'm a Disabled chap, Cheers mate). I Drove, then Train, then Tube (London), to go & see the "Great Man, & the Band perform, & YES, it was Well Worth It (EXCELLENT). All i was going to say was, if you look on, "Pre-Post Zep Forums/ Robert-Alison Wembley Arena 22/05/08", you will see some Good Reviews from the London Show, ( i even managed my 15 mins of Fame, by Shouting out to "Robert" & received an Immediate Response from the "Rock God", MAGIC. Ive just managed to obtain a copy of the London gig, & Yep... I can be Heard Loud & Clear.

All the best for now,

Hang-man.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may be the one by George Jones, originally written by Tillman Franks and Johnny Horton.

Yes, the one written by Johnny Horton. Robert asked the crowd if we had heard of the "Singing Fisherman", who is Johnny Horton. It was very cool. Here's a vid I took of it, sorry about the shaky video, I just couldn't stand still!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bzH4KDOpzf8

Archived