The SA Spurs Thread

eagle87

Good point. Let's just enjoy the ride while we can. :D

That's a great photo of Manu in action in that NBA gallery. :)

I'm a Spurs fan living in Lakerland. Manu Ginobili is my favorite Spurs player....I LOVE HIM!!!:wub: :wub:......don't get me started.....:lol: I'm a casual NBA fan....the NBA is not really my thing...NFL is my sport (Dolphins) but I becane a Spurs because they are a team.....not a lot of ego, no drama....they just WIN!!!!!!

Now, I'm just sick about what happened last night....they had the game and blew it!!! I didn't think they'd get by NO.....they were very fortunate....but I don't think they'll get by this Laker team!!!

Manu is my favorite too. He is so beloved in San Antonio that people often name their new babies Manu.

Manu sometimes does PSIs on the radio and I am so caught up in listening to his voice that I don't hear what the announcement is for. :lol:

You're right about the love of the team for the city and the love of the city and its citizens for the team. When the Spurs win the championship, which is quite often, people come from hours away to party in downtown San Antonio on the Riverwalk. It is all lit up beautifully. Everyone is in such great spirits and things never get out of hand in a destructive manner the way they do in some places when a team wins. Even when the team doesn't win, they are still welcomed as returning champions.

He's my favorite Spurs player too!!! :thumbsup:

Damn... what a game. Was a good first half, but the 4 quarter was a nightmare.

Im not frustrated because they are playing good, and I know that the next game is gonna be diferent.

I'm a Spurs fan living in Lakerland. Manu Ginobili is my favorite Spurs player....I LOVE HIM!!!:wub: :wub:......don't get me started.....:lol: I'm a casual NBA fan....the NBA is not really my thing...NFL is my sport (Dolphins) but I becane a Spurs because they are a team.....not a lot of ego, no drama....they just WIN!!!!!!

Now, I'm just sick about what happened last night....they had the game and blew it!!! I didn't think they'd get by NO.....they were very fortunate....but I don't think they'll get by this Laker team!!!

Manu, Parker and Duncan are playing well, but they're tired. They need some rest, a some practics and they will be back in the game.

:lol: I lived in Lakerland for years and was never a Lakers (or NBA) fan. I passed up many chances to see the Lakers play because I was so disinterested in it.

I know what you mean about the Spurs - they're just a different sort of team. As for Manu, I don't know anyone who doesn't love him.

Win or lose, though, the Spurs will be welcomed back to San Antonio like heroes just for getting as far as they did in the playoffs.

The final schedule:

Gm. 2:Fri., May 23: at Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 3:Sun., May 25: at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 4:Tue., May 27: at San Antonio, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 5*:Thu., May 29: at Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 6*:Sat., May 31: at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m. ET (TNT)

Gm. 7*:Mon., June 2: at Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (TNT)

:lol: I lived in Lakerland for years and was never a Lakers (or NBA) fan. I passed up many chances to see the Lakers play because I was so disinterested in it.

I know what you mean about the Spurs - they're just a different sort of team. As for Manu, I don't know anyone who doesn't love him.

Win or lose, though, the Spurs will be welcomed back to San Antonio like heroes just for getting as far as they did in the playoffs.

The final schedule:

Gm. 2:Fri., May 23: at Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 3:Sun., May 25: at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 4:Tue., May 27: at San Antonio, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 5*:Thu., May 29: at Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Gm. 6*:Sat., May 31: at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m. ET (TNT)

Gm. 7*:Mon., June 2: at Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (TNT)

they're just a different sort of team

Because they are like a family, that's way you fell good with them. And besides they are a very good team, so... Same case with the Philadelphia Eagles, at least for me. When they have a bad season with a 10-6 or 8-8, Brian Westbrook goes to the Pro Bowl, for example. You always have something to be glad.

Because they are like a family, that's way you fell good with them. And besides they are a very good team, so... Same case with the Philadelphia Eagles, at least for me. When they have a bad season with a 10-6 or 8-8, Brian Westbrook goes to the Pro Bowl, for example. You always have something to be glad.

Thems fightn' words buddy!

92e2c119.jpg

:lol:

DEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

5312d4dd.jpg

Sorry for getting off topic but I just had to :D

As you were B)

YEAH! GO SPURS

Now, that's is what I talking about!

MANU: Amazing!

And the team in general... Duncan 20pts. over 20 rb.; Parker another 20 pts...

This are the real Spurs...

Forgot to tell ya not to speak too soon....OH WELL.

Go Spurs Go.

If you didn't win at home, you'd really suck. But guess who's got the homecourt ad......

Whats freaky is that we only win when Odom plays well. That dude's the team mvp.

Eagle, I don't know if you've visited this site for Spurs info. If not, you might enjoy it:

http://radio.woai.com/pages/pp_spurs.html

No never, Thanks. Good information...

"It's all the Argentina flags that were out there," Bryant said. "It felt like home. He hit a lot of big shots."

Ginobili had nine consecutive San Antonio points at one juncture, pushing the home team ahead 36-32. He banged in a pair of three-balls during the spurt.

BOOYAH.

Brent Barry is a pussy.

Had he actually leaned into the contact he would have got the call. Flinging it up like a bitch a second after Fish landed was lame. Then again, even the refs are tired of the spurs flopping. that kind of rep will bone you in crunch time. none of them want to giftwrap 'game changers' to floppers.

Well my SA friends, unfurtunetly the show is over. Yesterday was a sad night, but im still joing this Spurs dinasty.

Seems like years with even numbers aren't good for the Spurs...

I'll make a deal with you Spur fans:

You don't whine about the Bones/D-Fish foul-non-call and I won't mention

that it shouldn't have even mattered had the refs not BLOWN the fact that

Fisher's shot hit the rim, which would have given Lakers fresh 24 seconds,

eliminating the need for Kobe to jack the shot immediately on inbounds play

with 2 seconds left.

That said, I always enjoy playoff series vs. San Antonio...they are worthy rivals and

they will be back next year.

Before this year's WCF, I was fearful of Horry hitting big 3's to hurt the Lakers

and was mildly shocked at how much a non-factor he was against LA.

Love Pops and Manu...got much respect for them.

Frankly, before this season started I thought Lakers might win between 30-40 games;

didn't even think Kobe would be on the team. Shows what I know...hell, I'm satisfied

making the Finals. If they lose to Boston or Detroit, I'll still be happy for what they

accomplished this season...AND we get Bynam back next season!

So, all in all, I can't complain...and I get to stick it to those Clipper fans who bragged

that it was a new day in L.A. when Shaq got traded away and that it would be a Clipper

town from now on...yeah, how did that turn out for you Clipper fans?

Now, bring on Boston for a glorious Laker-Celtic matchup...just like the NBA

glory days of the '80's!

Archived