The SA Spurs Thread

eagle87

Im a Spurs fan since 2002. And Im very happy with the team. Realy seems like they are a family with great players.

Excelent post season, they are playing very well. The last game was delicious with realy good plays.

so...Any Spurs Fan around here?

Spurs 3-0

Maybe if you would have titled the thread NBA... you would get more chatter. Any how I,m not a big fan of B ball but I will watch playoffs. I guess only having an NBA team a few seasons and now the Hornets are making it a little more interesting.

Im a Spurs fan since 2002. And Im very happy with the team. Realy seems like they are a family with great players.

Excelent post season, they are playing very well. The last game was delicious with realy good plays.

Spurs 3-0

Well, to be honest, I am not a sports fan but I am very familiar with the team. My son is a huge fan. We also have friends who fly to every Spurs game and have courtside seats for every home game. The team is really well-liked - they do a lot for their city and the surrounding region. I've never heard a bad word spoken about them.

Here's a website for you: http://www.spursreport.com/

Living in San Antonio, you know I am a Spurs fan.

Oberto and Manu are from Argentina.

SPURS RULE!!!!!!!

Nice to see you L 7. Yes, two very fine Argentinian players! :)

Spurs 3-0

I don't follow the NBA as much as I used to but I've enjoyed watching the Spurs since David Robinson was the center, around 1990. Now I heart Manu Ginobilli so they are one of the teams I try to catch on TV. We were chatting at the dinner table last night about what great fans the Spurs have, how the whole city of San Antonio has embraced them. This in stark contrast to our guys, the Seattle Sonics, being sold to Oklahoma City. ("sold" doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean, right?)

Well is nice to see more fans.

Thanks. Manu Ginobili is my favourite.

Manu is my favorite too. He is so beloved in San Antonio that people often name their new babies Manu.

I don't follow the NBA as much as I used to but I've enjoyed watching the Spurs since David Robinson was the center, around 1990. Now I heart Manu Ginobilli so they are one of the teams I try to catch on TV. We were chatting at the dinner table last night about what great fans the Spurs have, how the whole city of San Antonio has embraced them. This in stark contrast to our guys, the Seattle Sonics, being sold to Oklahoma City. ("sold" doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean, right?)

Manu sometimes does PSIs on the radio and I am so caught up in listening to his voice that I don't hear what the announcement is for. :lol:

You're right about the love of the team for the city and the love of the city and its citizens for the team. When the Spurs win the championship, which is quite often, people come from hours away to party in downtown San Antonio on the Riverwalk. It is all lit up beautifully. Everyone is in such great spirits and things never get out of hand in a destructive manner the way they do in some places when a team wins. Even when the team doesn't win, they are still welcomed as returning champions.

• 2 weeks later...
Good game good series Congratulation to the Spurs.

Good luck against the Lakers :thumbsup:

Thanks, was a very good game last night.

DEATH TO THE LAKERS.

OH YEAH BABY, GO SPURSS!!!!

One game at a time!

GO SPURS Go MANU!

30 years from now, people outside of SA would have forgotten about their run. No defining moments, cool personalities, or awesome storylines. Same thing with the Pistons. The NBA has to be rubbing out a gallon or 2, knowing the Lake Show is back, the Knicks aren't ballwashing Isiah anymore, and that Boston is relevant for at least a few years until Garnett goes over the hill.

30 years from now, people outside of SA would have forgotten about their run. No defining moments, cool personalities, or awesome storylines. Same thing with the Pistons. The NBA has to be rubbing out a gallon or 2, knowing the Lake Show is back, the Knicks aren't ballwashing Isiah anymore, and that Boston is relevant for at least a few years until Garnett goes over the hill.

What type of awesome storylines? Like having members like Kobe accused of rape? Yea, awesome.

We have our awesome storylines....Parker married whats her face, the mouse looking chick from that crappy ABC soap opera type show. ok....thats not terribly awesome, but still. :unsure:

But what matters in the long run is that the spurs are a GOOD team, they play well together, despite their slips this season. They will be remembered for this wonderful past years they have been having. I, or one, am glad to support a team that doesn't have a lot of drama.

And the Lakers are not cool, they are arrogant SOB's. :D

What type of awesome storylines? Like having members like Kobe accused of rape? Yea, awesome.

- Shaq/Kobe...who would be the first to win? there was a reason why all the xmas games were always miami vs la.

- Kobe....81.....freakin.....points.

- Lakers blow, Kobe demands trade.

- Lakers go from smush parker and kwame brown to worldclass asskickers with the best record in the best conference in like 8 months.

- Shaq to Kobe alleyoop in the 2000 conference finals vs Blazers is still the defining footage of the decade.

The spurs have a dude married to a Tv actress..whos pretty much the poor mans jack nicholson/denzel/dicaprio of the spurs sidelines ....and about 50,000 identical pick and roll plays.

Basically, the Spurs are what the 90's Utah Jazz were...efficiently boring....except the Jazz continually got boned by Jordan, while the Spurs were lucky the Lakers didnt stick together.

Archived