The infamous "Stairway" backmasking...

kashmiran

An article from the Q Magazine Zeppelin Special Edition (2003).....

<The rumors of Satanism did not end with Led Zeppelin's demise. In the 80's, a prominent American Baptist used his radio pulpit to preach that "Stairway to Heaven" carried subliminal backward messages. Then, in April 1982, the California State Assembly played a tape of the song backwards in public session. Stairway - along with songs by The Eagles, ELO, and Lynyrd Skynyrd - was accused of containing satanic messages.>

OMG I was SO effected by this. My parents threw out my records in late 82 after Des Moines Christian outreach worker Nancy Hibner who decided to help me save my soul, played this show for my parents. 18 years later I found Part 2 of the anti-rock seminar tape, transferred it to cd and used it as segue noise for my band. In this tape they also mentioned that they were glad Lennon was dead, and one preacher "hoped he got his life straight with Christ before he died". Net result? I bought more records than ever, took Page as my confirmation name, then quit going to church.

Certainly there's no denying that if you play "There's still time to change the road you're on" backwards it sounds like "Here's to my sweet Satan". A joke then ? Or mere coincidence ? Plant found the accusations foul - "The intentions of that song were so positive". On a more practical level, Stairway to Heaven engineer Andy Johns has declared the backwards recording process impossible.>

I played this message for many people and NO ONE heard it before I suggested what to listen for. I myself here it clearly, believe it's there, and unintentional which is more spooky, isn't it?!

Keep sucking on that bong mate. ;)

I was thinking along the same lines reading this stuff. Backwards masking? - you gotta be kidding guys. What you need is some good lovin', Kate style!! It ain't no bong I LURVE to suck....

I was thinking along the same lines reading this stuff. Backwards masking? - you gotta be kidding guys. What you need is some good lovin', Kate style!! It ain't no bong I LURVE to suck....

Gee, wonder how many PMs that comment generated...

The troll stench is palpable.

• 4 weeks later...

you know what's really scary???

if you play the first 4 seconds or so (the keyboard intro) of carouselambra backwards, it sounds almost exactly like it does when played normal.

evil, pure evil. :)

Archived