Recommend a Cheap Used Car

Big Klu

I think my lovely Batmobile has finally given up the ghost....

Picture006.jpg

Yar, I be on the lookout for something in the 7-8k range type thing. I was maybe thinking of a Honda Civic, and I've heard good things about Saturn Ions. Toyotas seem iffy. And America...I laugh at your Ford Focusususes.

I think my lovely Batmobile has finally given up the ghost....

Picture006.jpg

Yar, I be on the lookout for something in the 7-8k range type thing. I was maybe thinking of a Honda Civic, and I've heard good things about Saturn Ions. Toyotas seem iffy. And America...I laugh at your Ford Focusususes.

I drove a focus for a rental car while mine was in the body shop, and it was a pathetic excuse for an automobile.  I had a 1981 Honda Accord, which I bought used in 1985 that I finally sold

off in 1999...still running strong, blowing ice cold air, you name it.  That car never left me stranded. If it wasn't for company vehicles, I'd probably still have it.

I was going to say a Civic. I have a 2003. It gets really great gas mileage, and it's pretty darn roomy...you'll be surprised how much stuff you can cram in the trunk. It's weird, those new Honda Fits are teeny weeny compared to a Civic, and yet the gas mileage on the Fits is not too much better than a Civic's.

I got a used 2001 Chevy Lumina in 2004 and I've been pretty happy with it. It had high miles when I bought it and I've put 65,000 or so miles on it in the 3 years I've had it. It isn't world class, but it gets me where I'm going AND it has air conditioning (unlike the Ford Festiva I drove for 12 years).

Oh yeah... I paid $5000 for the Lumina. I did try a different Lumina before the one I got and that first one was pretty... meh.

Slight Tangent... aren't car names getting pretty silly? Who in hell wants to say "I drive a Probe"? It sounds like a medical test. Why drive an Ion when you might be able to get an entire Molecule? Caddylack now has the Emasculade... what's next?

I got a used 2001 Chevy Lumina in 2004 and I've been pretty happy with it. It had high miles when I bought it and I've put 65,000 or so miles on it in the 3 years I've had it. It isn't world class, but it gets me where I'm going AND it has air conditioning (unlike the Ford Festiva I drove for 12 years).

Oh yeah... I paid $5000 for the Lumina. I did try a different Lumina before the one I got and that first one was pretty... meh.

Slight Tangent... aren't car names getting pretty silly? Who in hell wants to say "I drive a Probe"? It sounds like a medical test. Why drive an Ion when you might be able to get an entire Molecule? Caddylack now has the Emasculade... what's next?

Cadillac's car is an Esacalade. I don't know if you said "emasculade" on purpose or not. My friend has an Escalade, it's a pretty nice car.

Cadillac's car is an Esacalade. I don't know if you said "emasculade" on purpose or not. My friend has an Escalade, it's a pretty nice car.

It was on purpose.

Yes, I know CADILLAC makes the Escalade. I said CADDYLACK made the Emasculade. Think about it.

FWIW, I don't have a problem with Cadillac. I was making fun of car NAMES. I would think the rest of that paragraph would've made it obvious. I guess not.

It was on purpose.

Yes, I know CADILLAC makes the Escalade. I said CADDYLACK made the Emasculade. Think about it.

... one, two, three...

FWIW, I don't have a problem with Cadillac. I was making fun of car NAMES.

...four, five, six...

Do ya get it about the name? Never mind, it's no fun if one has to explain it.

I get it Lakey!!!!! :D:D:D

ooooops! Ya both changed.

She quickly changed her post.

:hysterical:

I get it Lakey!!!!! :D:D:D

She quickly changed her post.

:hysterical:

Damn, I didn't see the original. Oh well, I edited mine too. I thought I'd cut down the bitch level a little.

Edited to add... well, double damn... at least you got my original for posterity. :D

I just hate it when my brilliance and razor wit go unnoticed. :lol:

But did you get the joke?

Obviously not. Was it some kind of Caddyshack reference? I don't really watch comedic movies anymore, they're too stupid.

:lol: No... not a Caddyshack reference, or any kind of movie reference. Hint: Ahnuld might say something like "...Only guhlie-men would drive an Emasculade..."

Buit, if that doesn't clarify it enough... here ya go... from the American Heritage Dictionary:

e·mas·cu·late (¹-m²s“ky…-l³t”) tr.v. e·mas·cu·lat·ed, e·mas·cu·lat·ing, e·mas·cu·lates. 1. To castrate. 2. To deprive of strength or vigor; weaken. --e·mas·cu·late (-l¹t) adj. Deprived of virility, strength, or vigor. [Latin ¶mascul³re, ¶mascul³t- : ¶-, ex-, ex- + masculus, male, diminutive of m³s, male, man.] --

Escalade - emasculate- Emasculade.

You're welcome.

:lol: No... not a Caddyshack reference, or any kind of movie reference. Hint: Ahnuld might say something like "...Only guhlie-men would drive an Emasculade..."

Buit, if that doesn't clarify it enough... here ya go... from the American Heritage Dictionary:

e·mas·cu·late (¹-m²s“ky…-l³t”) tr.v. e·mas·cu·lat·ed, e·mas·cu·lat·ing, e·mas·cu·lates. 1. To castrate. 2. To deprive of strength or vigor; weaken. --e·mas·cu·late (-l¹t) adj. Deprived of virility, strength, or vigor. [Latin ¶mascul³re, ¶mascul³t- : ¶-, ex-, ex- + masculus, male, diminutive of m³s, male, man.] --

Escalade - emasculate- Emasculade.

You're welcome.

Time wasted on Electropile! :D

But did you get the joke?

I don't think I've ever ridden in an Escalade.

I've been on plenty of escalators though. I don't think I'd want to go down in an Escalade though.

could you leave the door open any wider there Lakey?

think for a moment what will happen when Scratch sees that!

could you leave the door open any wider there Lakey?

think for a moment what will happen when Scratch sees that!

*rummages for innocent angelic smiley* Who me? Why... oops.

Del will probably have a good time with it too... unless he gits scairt o' that eemaskoolate word and various derivatives thereof.

:P

Archived